Toddler's eyeball sliced in half by drone propeller

PCBjon

Just wondering, why don't quadcopters have a protective ring around the propeller?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I considered saying this as well buts lets not turn this into a gun debate, Please.  -_-

But it's not a debate if one side is clearly right, and we all know I'm the right one here. ;)

Guns can protect us from drones.

Someone give this man a cookie! He gets it.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I don't see why drones are such a big deal we have had RC cars since the 80s and 90s look a land vehicle that destroyed a grown mans leg, yet nothing happens with speed limiters or laws.

Skip to 1:10

Is it mean that when I saw this video I laughed harder than I did in weeks? That doesn't make me a mean person does it?

But it's not a debate if one side is clearly right, and we all know I'm the right one here. ;)

Either way many flame wars have erupted on the forum over guns so it is better not to start.

Time and place; this thread is neither.

(I am pro gun by the way)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Either way many flame wars have erupted on the forum over guns so it is better not to start.

Time and place; this thread is neither.

(I am pro gun by the way)

Well, if anyone is taking me seriously by this point, I'm just gonna blame it all on them. :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Well, if anyone is taking me seriously by this point, I'm just gonna blame it all on them. :P

Lol, well it is the internet... ;)

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

People should require a license to fly a drone. It'd be like if Golf carts were $1000 or less, dirt cheap, and people were hurting others and themselves frequently.

Wait wait wait, we cant forget the military are using drones to kill a crapload of people!!!

predator.jpg

Murica' fuck yeah! Coming to save the mother fuckin' day, yeah!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

People should require a license to fly a drone. It'd be like if Golf carts were $1000 or less, dirt cheap, and people were hurting others and themselves frequently.

So tommy can't fly his foam airhogs quadcopter? That's a bit far...

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Ehhh

I think I'd be fine to have a licence system for certain classes of quadcopters. Toys definitely don't need to have licence. But those really big and powerful ones definitely could use someone trained. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I think I'd be fine to have a licence system for certain classes of quadcopters. Toys definitely don't need to have licence. But those really big and powerful ones definitely could use someone trained. 

I fly large enthusiast hobby grade model airplanes. If I stab myself in the eye with propeller, would a licence stop that? Hell no. Also who's gonna pay for this 'quad copter SWAT patrol uber safety enforcement' Agency? No government entity will want to.  Why don't you just move to Germany where it's illegal to wash your own car, and buy an xbox while you're at it, in the words of Linus

I fly large enthusiast hobby grade model airplanes. If I stab myself in the eye with propeller, would a licence stop that? Hell no. Also who's gonna pay for this 'quad copter SWAT patrol uber safety enforcement' Agency? No government entity will want to.  Why don't you just move to Germany where it's illegal to wash your own car, and buy an xbox while you're at it, in the words of Linus

Hey now, don't need to get offensive. All this licence system will ever do is restrict uneducated pilots from flying drones that can do some damage. I'm pretty sure there are safety measures to take when flying pretty big objects. As some have pointed out to the unsafe actions made by the man in this story.

IF you want to stab yourself in the eye, no one is stopping you. By all means, go ahead. That piece of paper that proves your licence ain't gonna stop you.  

Solution: Drones are to have guards around the propellers-like the "tough" mini drones.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Wait wait wait, we cant forget the military are using drones to kill a crapload of people!!!

predator.jpg

that's not murder. That's democracy.

- snip-

I stand by what I said.

So, no comeback so you just fall back on your previous statement? Pathetic...

Unless you're 30 years old or older, you're still a "kid", not as a <10 year old "kid" though but you get the idea.

Dont feel like a "kid" and I know a shitton of 40 year olds that have the maturity of a 16 year old, age Is just a number...

They deserve it, they're brown people. /s

"/s", the internet equivalent of "not being racist or anything but"

enjoy ur warningz

So, no comeback so you just fall back on your previous statement? Pathetic...

No, no comeback because I dont feel like bickering with you when I dont feel you have the maturity to discuss this issue properly. Thus my statement of kiddo.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

No, no comeback because I dont feel like bickering with you when I dont feel you have the maturity to discuss this issue properly. Thus my statement of kiddo.

So youre butthurt that someone doesent share your views? Maybe the PC police can come create a safe space for you?

So youre butthurt that someone doesent share your views? Maybe the PC police can come create a safe space for you?

Thank you for proving my point. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Dont feel like a "kid" and I know a shitton of 40 year olds that have the maturity of a 16 year old, age Is just a number...

Every 20 something year old says that. Even I said that a few times till I hit 30 then something kinda 'clicks' inside and then you understand and your like crap I was wrong, it is hard to describe. When you get there you'll know and understand unfortunately not everyone has that moment tho sadly.

Doesn't matter what you know its how you understand it and use it makes all the difference. My IQ is higher than my dads but he could still best me at times because of age and experience. Yes there are idiots out there and you should know this - cant fix stupid -

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Every 20 something year old says that. Even I said that a few times till I hit 30 then something kinda 'clicks' inside and then you understand and your like crap I was wrong, it is hard to describe. When you get there you'll know and understand unfortunately not everyone has that moment tho sadly.

Doesn't matter what you know its how you understand it and use it makes all the difference. My IQ is higher than my dads but he could still best me at times because of age and experience. Yes there are idiots out there and you should know this - cant fix stupid -

"Every 20 something says that" Were are you basing these stats of? 1 Person? Yourself? Wow, astonishing research. Call me "old fashioned", but this dude just fucked up someones life forever beacuse he was careless, that pisses me off.