AMD Cuts All GPU Prices Including R9 Fury X, Fury And Nano – Down To As Low As $569, $499 And $549 Respectively

Mr_Troll

Are you hinting at something?  B)

Just that it's an added bonus to sweeten the deal even more :)

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Are you hinting at something?  B)

can I have one? :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

can I have one? :D

Vultures.  The lot of you!  I should just hold a raffle.  I'm not too excited about Battlefront from some of the stuff I am seeing of it.  

Vultures.  The lot of you!  I should just hold a raffle.  I'm not too excited about Battlefront from some of the stuff I am seeing of it.  

Who says I am? Not dropping money on that crap.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Must...resist...hold out...till Pascal...or Arctic Islands...

X_X

I know what you mean, I just got SLI 970 on a 1440p ultrawide. Some of my games make the pair cry.... Next time around I'm buying the best single GPU card money can buy and downsizing my case (900D at the moment) 

Finnish retailers are still asking 649,00€ from Fury Tri-X.  :wub:

And they have literally zero intention to change that. Gladly we still got the German E-shop we're both familiar with.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

What a good time to...

have no money to buy my new pc.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Rekt NVIDIA

In terms of gtx 980

The GTX 980 already got rekt by the GTX 970. 16% more performance for over 16% the price.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

just buy dual Furys and enjoy damn good performance for a few years...

Nope, 4GB frame buffer isn't nearly enough. I'm getting 16GB

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I know what you mean, I just got SLI 970 on a 1440p ultrawide. Some of my games make the pair cry.... Next time around I'm buying the best single GPU card money can buy and downsizing my case (900D at the moment)

Yeah honestly I don't know why anyone would want a case much bigger than a BeQuiet! 800 for a single-rig build. Enthoo Primo is about as big as I'd ever want to go.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Man, Black friday has rekt all danish online electronic stores. They are pretty much all down!

Did manage to see an ASUS 970 (with the shitty white blower fan) for about the price of a 380/380x.

Let's hope nice AMD prices are coming.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

You can get a 980ti for as low as 589 (no rebate) so....

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=224,319&sort=a8&xcx=0

(PC partpicker for both 980ti and Furyx)

Here in Canada they start at ~950$.

Fury X is ~900$.

Damn CAD. Why you gotta be so low :(

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Not really. Let's be honest here: on equal performance per dollar grounds, AMD will always loose. There's just currently too much bias against AMD from reviewers, from the public in general, etc. The only chance they have at moving cards is undercutting: worst margins are better than warehouses of unsold products.

More over, margins are not everything they're highly dependant on your sales volumes: it's why publishers and devs make more money during steam sales and such than at normal retail price: a tiny margin on 100k units it's a lot better than a large margin on 10k units

Your example is flawed when it's something that isnt physical. Selling 10 copies of fartcry 5 at 60 dollars or selling 10 copies of it at 30$ is virtually exactly the same. The only cost difference is the bandwidth cost. That's not the case for a physical product.

RIP GTX 980

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I only hate that the fury x is not available in full size, because if I wanted an and card, and had the money for the fastest, it would annoy mw that it was in a large atx system.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Yeah honestly I don't know why anyone would want a case much bigger than a BeQuiet! 800 for a single-rig build. Enthoo Primo is about as big as I'd ever want to go.

Honestly.... I didn't think it was going to be that big. I love the cable management and space behind the MB tray, but it's just Huuuuuuge. Looked okay with XFire 280Xs in there, but now I have the mini EVGA 970s it looks a bit funny. 

I'm thinking of something like an INWIN 909 or decent looking mid tower. Would love a case with a 360mm rad mount and a separated PSU space (so I can hide horrible cable management.)

I only hate that the fury x is not available in full size, because if I wanted an and card, and had the money for the fastest, it would annoy mw that it was in a large atx system.

The guy from techoftomorrow has 2 of them in a Corsair 900D :lol:​

Your example is flawed when it's something that isnt physical. Selling 10 copies of fartcry 5 at 60 dollars or selling 10 copies of it at 30$ is virtually exactly the same. The only cost difference is the bandwidth cost. That's not the case for a physical product.

It's not flawed, you misunderstood what he was saying. A manufacturer might have a price they want to sell a product, but at the end of the day, the market determines what the price is.

Let's say it costs you $10 to make a physical copy of a game, and you intend to sell it for $60. Let's say at that price, only 10 people are interested in the game and are willing to pay $60 for it. Other people might feel, the game is good, but not $60 good. You will only make a $500 profit if you kept it priced at $60.

Now if you lowered it to $30, and you got 50 people who now say they are willing to pay that much for the game, your profit is now $1000. Obviously, you as the manufacturer, would have preferred if you sold 50 copies at $60 each, but selling 50 copies at $30 is a lot better than selling 10 copies at $60.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I already addressed that: digital copies involve little distribution costs (but in fact far from none as you describe: you failed to address the fact that Valve or whatever store gets a cut of the sale, always) but also the discounts are far greater than what we're talking about here.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's not flawed, you misunderstood what he was saying. A manufacturer might have a price they want to sell a product, but at the end of the day, the market determines what the price is.

Let's say it costs you $10 to make a physical copy of a game, and you intend to sell it for $60. Let's say at that price, only 10 people are interested in the game and are willing to pay $60 for it. Other people might feel, the game is good, but not $60 good. You will only make a $500 profit if you kept it priced at $60.

Now if you lowered it to $30, and you got 50 people who now say they are willing to pay that much for the game, your profit is now $1000. Obviously, you as the manufacturer, would have preferred if you sold 50 copies at $60 each, but selling 50 copies at $30 is a lot better than selling 10 copies at $60.

And your reasoning is flawed because manufacturers sell it at the optimized profit price anyway. Anyone who took microeconomics would be able to zero in on it for a given product as long as market data is known.

Umm no: I just when over why that is not always the case, specially in the case of a weakened company like AMD facing strong resistance. But since you basically responded to none of the points made and just reiterated your opinion as if it was an absolute economical fact, I'll just move on.

No, I get what you're saying.

"Only thing I get is the whole not wanting warehouses full of stock when you could have sold it all for a little less profit. But still, this early on? They must have a lot still in stock." is exactly what I said in my other post.

I'm just saying if they were able to sell all of their stock at the previous price, they're losing out on more profit. This is all coming from the company that doesn't want to be known as "the cheaper option" - yet here they are apparently forced to cut prices.

I don't see how a company can just survive like this by just cutting so close to breaking even.

They're betting heavy on Zen and future GPUs. You're right that in an of itself it's not a sustainable model, but I never said that it was their only strategy. I was only talking short term they need to get cash in and bet they can recover with future products and such. 

Not saying Zen will save them, but I remember using AMD processors since the late 90s when the K6-II was just a poor's man Pentium III but they eventually caught up and surpassed intel. That kind of thing resonates and as a company they're likely more than a little inclined to think they can do it again and also do it to Nvidia.

-------

Current Rig

-------

They're betting heavy on Zen and future GPUs. You're right that in an of itself it's not a sustainable model, but I never said that it was their only strategy. I was only talking short term they need to get cash in and bet they can recover with future products and such. 

Not saying Zen will save them, but I remember using AMD processors since the late 90s when the K6-II was just a poor's man Pentium III but they eventually caught up and surpassed intel. That kind of thing resonates and as a company they're likely more than a little inclined to think they can do it again and also do it to Nvidia.

I strongly believe that Zen will help AMD's finances.