This forum is going downhill

poker1059

It was a few months ago I joined these forums because in a LTT video I watch Linus said "You can ask the friendly people on the LinusTechTips forums..." 

But lately I and I'm sure many other notice, everything on here is under total dictatorship.

I understand that rules have to be in place to keep order, but everything on here is watched my moderators, and I feel that in the past a moderator gave me a warning point for no reason except he didn't like my post.

Recently another member posted a topic "What Happened to LTT?" everything he said there was the sad truth. 

Someone voiced their opinions about how God is real and almost immediatly it was locked, sure there probably would have been a long thread battle but what's wrong with that? If people don't want to get their feelings hurt they probably shouldn't get involved in it, but it's no my choice.

I once ask for opinions on one of my parts list, the only thing I got was a crap ton of other part lists.. not helpful

Let's face it, this forum is becoming unfriendly is not as useful as it should be.

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

I'd agree its slowly going downhill but people take time making the part lists for you changing the bad parts with the good parts or the ones they recommend

Also if you see my post in the "god is real" thread I show my opinion on why it shouldn't be talked about.

Litterely Any thread that has religion in it always had a flame war or one that is about to start

The mod is right, this is a tech fourm not reddit or 4chan

I'd agree its slowly going downhill but people take time making the part lists for you changing the bad parts with the good parts or the ones they recommend

Also if you see my post in the "god is real" thread I show my opinion on why it shouldn't be talked about.

it's called off topic for a reason.

it's called off topic for a reason.

off topic has rules

go read them

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Someone voiced their opinions about how God is real and almost immediatly it was locked, sure there probably would have been a long thread battle but what's wrong with that? If people don't want to get their feelings hurt they probably shouldn't get involved in it, but it's no my choice.

Then you never read the CoC :P

2. Harassment and Profanities

You may not post content that contains material relating to the following: racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, or harassment. Attempting to bypass the website's swear filter by replacing letters or intentionally misspelling words is not considered any differently.. In addition to words included in the censor list, sexual remarks may be considered profane when used in certain contexts and as such we suggest avoiding them altogether.

We have zero tolerance for personal attacks whether public or private on any individual or group ("personal attack" will be determined on a case by case basis by management). You may not use any method of delivery for materials which refer to ethnic/national origin, ideological or religious beliefs,gender, or sexual preference in a derogatory, demeaning, or provocative context.

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

Aside from what I think about the LTT channel, the LTT forum is a nice place imho

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

It,is going downhill. I maybe get into a war with someone here and there but it usually because they try saying something stupid like Corsair "makes" the best PSUs or AMD has the best bang for buck CPUs. I help someome woth a build here and there and usually just talk to the people have been here longer then 4 months.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

-snip-

M8 wtf are you talking about?

It's called filtering out the shit.

The "God Is Real" topic thread was total bait, if not it was stupid and extremely condescending.

I'm all for free-speech but this is a tech forum.

Even on off-topic, i can't just start a thread (i mean i can, but i don't care to because i'm not a moron) that says "Why the KKK is right" and then list weird propaganda the KKK puts out.

I could start an off-topic thread called "What is the KKK?" or "The history of the KKK" that tries to look at things from an objective standpoint and maybe link it to the recent unmasking of KKK members in the news recently but i can't be putting out just pure shit.

Ya feel?

That's why the religion post was shit.

If it had been something like "My recent experience converting to Christianity" then they'd be ok.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Then you never read the CoC :P2. Harassment and ProfanitiesYou may not post content that contains material relating to the following: racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, or harassment. Attempting to bypass the website's swear filter by replacing letters or intentionally misspelling words is not considered any differently.. In addition to words included in the censor list, sexual remarks may be considered profane when used in certain contexts and as such we suggest avoiding them altogether.We have zero tolerance for personal attacks whether public or private on any individual or group ("personal attack" will be determined on a case by case basis by management). You may not use any method of delivery for materials which refer to ethnic/national origin, ideological or religious beliefs,gender, or sexual preference in a derogatory, demeaning, or provocative context.

Well... guess your right. But don't try to insult my pious beliefs.

Litterely Any thread that has religion in it always had a flame war or one that is about to start

Even so it was posted in the "off topic" section

Spoiler

Its annoying because i hate to not have a solution. I cant just go and be like everyone after 2014 fuck off

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I agree and I've been here for almost 3 years... 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

On some subjects you cannot simply have a discussion, you will always have those stuck up cunts trying to derail the topic or disrespect you for your opinions. 

:/

But lately I and I'm sure many other notice, everything on here is under total dictatorship.

That has been the case from the start. 

Private property (like this forum is akin to) does not follow any consitution nor any human rights. We live and write under a dictator (LMG).

We either live by its rules or we get out. Simple as that.

Also, that religious topic was not going to end well. Better end it before it goes to shit and people start hating eachother.

And its not just topics about religion that gets locked. A topic on libertarian politics was locked yesterday for the same reason.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

See posts #5 to #7

Posted late... 

Spoiler

It seams like nothing can be posted here without someone being offended and being put on blast. That's the problem with the world

Spoiler

It was a few months ago I joined these forums because in a LTT video I watch Linus said "You can ask the friendly people on the LinusTechTips forums..." 

I understand that rules have to be in place to keep order, but everything on here is watched my moderators, and I feel that in the past a moderator gave me a warning point for no reason except he didn't like my post.

Recently another member posted a topic "What Happened to LTT?" everything he said there was the sad truth. 

I once ask for opinions on one of my parts list, the only thing I got was a crap ton of other part lists.. not helpful

Let's face it, this forum is becoming unfriendly is not as useful as it should be.

It seams like nothing can be posted here without someone being offended and being put on blast. That's the problem with the world

i disagree, many things go right on this forum, it's just human nature that only sees the bad things when we look back..

That has been the case from the start. 

Private property (like this forum is akin to) does not follow any consitution nor any human rights. We live and write under a dictator (LMG).

We either live by its rules or we get out. Simple as that.

Also, that religious topic was not going to end well. Better end it before it goes to shit and people start hating eachother.

And its not just topics about religion that gets locked. A topic on libertarian politics was locked yesterday for the same reason.

I find that the LTT forum is under a very friendly and understanding dictatorship. Everything done in regards to the rules and CoC is to preserve the friendly and helpful environment of the forum while cutting out topics that will only lead to unnecessary arguments and potentially create hostility between members. And I find the mods to be fairly lenient in their judgement. Most of the time, threads aren't locked immediately after people start breaking the CoC or get off-topic. Usually posts are just deleted or a mod reminds the members partaking in the discussion to follow the rules more closely. I very rarely find fault in any mod's judgement.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

i disagree, many things go right on this forum, it's just human nature that only sees the bad things when we look back..

I disagree 

Spoiler