Shooting and Explosions in Paris- ANONYMOUS Takes Down 5,500+ Pro-ISIS twitter accounts; Includes database of identified pro-ISIS

RedSphyxis

TERROR IN PARIS: What We Know So Far

=======================================================================================================

I know this isn't tech but we should dicuss this and ask our french friends to be carefull and hope they're safe.

A new Paris shooting and still ongoing hostage situation. With at least 40+ dead and 100+ hostages.
Watch it on reddit live; tweets, news outlets, live on the ground periscope streams view at your own discretion.
reddit's live multiple sources: https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v
a well known journalist: https://twitter.com/stefandevries
reuters feed: http://live.reuters.com/Event/Paris_attacks_2
BBC live: http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-34815972
Euronews http://www.euronews.com/news/streaming-live/
Sky news live youtube

french media sources:
http://www.itele.fr/direct
http://www.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/live-video/

Live France24 stream currently witness speaking(at time of posting) if someone knows french please post updates thank you(I can't follow the speed at which they talk)
http://www.france24.com/fr/tv-en-direct-chaine-live/

Embassy Phone Numbers in Paris: Please don't call these numbers for general info. Only call them when you need them, your families and such.

Poland embassy: +33 1 43 17 34 00
Danish embassy: +33 1 44 31 21 21
Ukrainian embassy: +33 1 43 06 07 37
Swedish embassy: +33 1 44 18 88 00
South African embassy: +33 1 53 59 23 23
Philippines embassy: +33 1 44 14 57 00
Indian embassy: +33 1 40 50 70 70
Chilean embassy +33 1 44 18 59 60
Argentinian embassy +33 1 44 05 27 00
Peruvian embassy +33 1 42 65 25 10
Colombian embassy +33 1 42 65 46 08
Uruguayan embassy +33 1 45 00 81 37
Paraguay embassy +33 1 42 22 85 05
Brazilian embassy +33 1 45 61 63 00
Venezuelan embassy +33 1 45 61 63 00
Ecuador embassy +33 1 40 67 02 21
Singapore embassy: +33 1 56 79 68 00
German embassy: +33 1 53 83 45 00
Norwegian embassy: +33 01 53 67 04 00
Mexican embassy: +33 1 53 70 27 70
Belgian embassy: +33 1 44 09 39 39
Netherlands embassy: +33 1 40 62 33 00
Portuguese embassy: +33 1 56 33 81 00
Cuban embassy: +33 1 45 67 55 35
Greek embassy: +33 1 47 23 72 28
Costa Rican embassy: +33 1 45 78 96 96
Hungarian embassy: +33 1 45 00 94 97
Irish embassy: +33 1 44 17 67 00
Egyptian embassy: +33 1 55 21 43 70

NOTE: the updates were in chronological order as the events unfolded it shows just how inconsistent the reports were even if multiple outlets were reporting the same things.

update 1 : reports are inconclusive as usual. but the common death toll is now atleast at 50+

update 2: the videos posted by people are just really sad so many are lying dead on the ground.

update 3: President Hollande declares SOE(state of emergency) on whole Nation all borders are now closed.

President Hollande:"All forces are mobilised to neutralize terrorists. Military are arriving in the city to prevent further attacks."

update 4: 2 confirmed suicide bombings(Sky news) and 4 explosions at the The Stade de France where a friendly was being held by France and Germany.

This is just horrible if they attacked the stadium directly that would've been far worse

update 5: Police operation in the restaurant was successful 2 attackers were killed. Other operations are still ongoing.

Update 6: this is a dark friday the 13th magnitude 7 earthquake in japan with tsunami fears. Isis attack in lebanon and this.

update 7: 5 attackers dead across PARIS, 120 dead across paris, 11 shot dead in restaurant, 3 dead on bombing in stade de france. But CNN says at least 153 are dead.

update 8: French President Hollande

"We are going to lead a war which will be pitiless. Because when terrorists are capable of comitting such atrocities, they must be certain that they are facing a determined France, a united France, a France that is together, and does not let itself be moved, even if today we express infinite sorrow."

update 9: 4 attackers killed at Paris theater, of whom 3 killed themselves with an explosives belt. Still no information or claim on who did the attacks, and why. Only suppositions.

From what I gathered The FIRST attack happened at Le Petit Cambodge, Explosives in Stade De France(which were suicide bombers) only 3 people were killed even though thousands of people were in attendance for France Vs Germany, President of France was there, NExt was the Bataclan Theatre where there were 1200 people at an Eagles Metal something(sorry), then reports came in from Rue De Charonne another restaurant that has been hit.

update 10:

A video taken when the Bombing at Stade De France happened

update 11: Most Livestreams have stopped, and most news stations are just looping videos and discussions. It would be rare to see ant updates up until investigations officially start. Thank you for Following and discussing this these events and voicing your opinions.

I will add an IMO: This isn't just France's problem, this isn't just europe's problem this is the whole world's problem. Action must be taken to show these attackers that they just stuck their P*NIS into the hornet's nest. But it's not just ISIS all around the world there are terrorists, this SHOULD BE THE LAST STRAW and everyone should stop being blind and be aware of these issues and voice out their opnions.

update 12:

Update from REUTERS graphics

166b4e2b-8fc9-491b-b573-2d8db0a714b2_800

I have 64gb of RAM and I'm already at 60% damn you chrome!!!

I will not be editing my past updates, just to show you how inconsistent the news are even if I try to get the most reliable info using multiple sources.

update 13:

Hank Green talks about how he feels.

update 14:

please help contribute to facebook's safety checker  :)

https://www.facebook.com/safetycheck/paris_terror_attacks

update 15:

"This time, It's War"

CTvJKB1XIAAT3go.png

update 16:

over 120 dead and ~300 injured multiple sources still have varying numbers. CNN reports 129 dead 350+ injured more still being reported

"When Paris turned out its lights, the rest of the world turned them on."

cOeyPSb.jpg

update 17:

update 18:
info courtesy of @Atsura

We are still looking for this guy , a french living in Belgium.

He is the driver of the black car that attacked the Bataclan.

ae26ef9bd63f6876892ad5a7e2afca05.png

Police catched the older brother , killed his young brother.

They are all dead or arrested, he is the last one on the run , but he won't go far since the country borders are closed now.

update 19:

The French Navy has released footage showing warplanes taking off to carry out strikes in the Syrian city of Raqqa, Islamic State's stronghold.
9ac22d25-692e-410e-bcd5-05c626f2601f.jpg
6e686dc3-cee2-4d1c-983f-466f38c64378.jpg

French, Lebanese and Russian flags on Great Pyramid

At least 41 people were killed in two suicide bombings in the Lebanese capital of Beirut on Friday.
And last month 224 people on board Metrojet Flight 9268, flying from the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to the Russian city of St Petersburg, were killed after it crashed in the Sinai.
Western officials have said there is a strong possibility that a bomb exploded on the plane.
So-called Islamic State has claimed responsibility for both.

66aa7c47-debc-4062-88fb-7ec2d63dd0d0.jpg

update 19:

ANONYMOUS DECLARES WAR AGAINST ISIS http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/anonymous-declares-war-islamic-state-6839030

Translation of the message is :

"Yesterday , Friday 13th november 2015 ou coutnry been attacked around 10pm by terrorist

Those attack should not stay unpunished. We will hunt your down.

Anonymous from all over the world will hunt you down as we did since charlie hebo.

Expect a massive anonymous reaction,we will find and and will never give up.

Expect numerous cyber attack , this is war, prepare yourself.

We present our condoleance to the french people , they will raise even stronger.

We are anonymous, we don't forgive , we don't forget , expect us."

(i skipped some details)

Idk if it's a fake or nope , just translated it.

Translation courtesy of our french friend @Atsura

update 20:
Police have seized a rocket launcher as they carried out a series of raids across France, according to French media.

The French interior ministry has said that 168 searches have taken place across the country in the wake of terror attacks in Paris on Friday.

toulouse-still-from-aptn-1-589x442.jpg

Sixty searches in Lille, Strasbourg, Lyon, Grenoble, Marseille and Toulouse resulted in the rocket launcher, flak jackets, 15 hand guns and eight other "weapons of war" being seized, according to Le Figaro.

Interior minister Bernard Cazaneuve said that a total of 31 weapons have been seized so far and 104 suspected jihadists are under house arrest with 23 taken into custody overnight.

update 21:

The hacktivism group quickly got its business together, created an official Twitter account for the whole #OpParis operation, and a new website where to centralize all ISIS accounts.

Besides scanning for ISIS Twitter accounts themselves, the hacking group has also opened access to the site to those interested. Anyone who comes across ISIS social media accounts can easily search the database and report any new terrorists and supporters.

The website is called #opIceISIS and will index ISIS members based on their real name, location, picture, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts.

Survivor of Bataclan massacre: 

"To survive I crawled under a body then I went to a restroom. I was shot in the ankle. I have never seen so many dead people around me in my life. I am traumatized."

Please feel free to discuss it, BUT PLEASE KEEP YOUR IMMATURE COMMENTS AND JOKES ELSEWHERE

PLEASE DON'T discuss anything about religion this not ANY RELIGIONS FAULT so please keep those to yourselves

parisians can seek shelter at the Porte Ouverte
CTukdLAW4AAG4Kn.jpg

a map of the attacks courtesy of @SirBobson
x2K7FHh.png

sorry if this isn't that well organized I'm watching and gathering sources left and right while listening and reading the news as fast as I can.

Witness to hostage situation in theater: "The terrorists were very calm...they reloaded 3 or 4 times."

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

60+ dead as of eight minutes ago. Good god...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I don't even understand this situation. Every new report makes it more like a massacre rather than a polically motivated terrorist attack.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

jesus fuck 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Where did you get that number?

I've only found 18 so far.

Crazy though. I wonder what it'll be. "Terrorists", likely. But you never know.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

This is not suprising at all. Anyways my respect to the victims, but I'm sure this will change nothing. Europe rathers ignoring the fact that Islamic terrorism is going to hit them so they can pretend everythings normal.

:/

I've been following it for a while on reddit and bbc news. Some details still seem quite unclear as there are so many different people/sites reporting. Really sad and tragic what's going on. On a positive note people in Paris have started a # to give people who can't go home safely tonight. Obama is making a speech right now.

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

A tweet further down the page.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Two separate events so far.

This is terrible man. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This guy is live reporting on it: https://twitter.com/stefandevries

French media is reporting the 60 dead.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I think I missed something.

Two separate events so far.

This is terrible man. :(

Pretty sure stuff has happened in more than two places though it's very confusing as so many different news reports as well as social media. :(

Pretty sure stuff has happened in more than two places though it's very confusing as so many different news reports as well as social media. :(

What, really? I really hope they can catch these men before they can hurt and kill more people.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This is really messed up, heck here in Netherlands they showed how easy it is to get guns, and the guns used by terrorist are the guns they got so easily, there was a terrorist on a train on the way to paris long time ago to with same guns from the Netherlands on speed train.

All the security around us is an illusion right now, there is no security.

Netherlands or Denmark :|

you guys have sand?

What, really? I really hope they can catch these men before they can hurt and kill more people.

Obama said it was a very SOPHISTICATED and WELL PLANNED terrorist attack.

somereports say they just moved really fast killing people other say there were two separate groups.

I highly suggest following the Reuters live feed for accurate information

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Paris_attacks_2/mobile&utm_source=twitter&Theme=39

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

State of emergency declared via live press conference just now...

Yeh they are closing the borders.

So, is it one event or multiple? Has the concert hall been the only target so far?

Obama said it was a very SOPHISTICATED and WELL PLANNED terrorist attack.

somereports say they just moved really fast killing people other say there were two separate groups.

Definitely well planned, but what terrorist attacks aren't?

Heard about this a few minutes ago, Im in shock

this is so fucked

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

So, is it one event or multiple? Has the concert hall been the only target so far?

Multiple there was some events on the streets/in a bar or something as well as the concert hall. And bbc said that there were reports of attacks at the pompidou center and the louvre museum, but those aren't yet confirmed.

At least three attacks, bombs at the soccer field, hostages at the music hall and shooting somewhere else. Have also heard something about a 4th shooting in a mall

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB