XBO or PS4

KingKeith55

I am looking at getting a console just for a few games and something to play when I have friends over. I love my PC and all, but not all my friends can always bring their laptops and we can't always set up lan parties all the time and it's just more convenient for me to get a console so we can play some games.

That and I also want one just so I can play the games that, well suck on PC (CoD is a good example).

It's really down to what people recommend honestly. I have a friend too who can't really decide either so we will probably end up getting the same thing, for pretty much the same reasons (other than the fact he can't afford a gaming PC and has to use a craptop. Face it, you really can't get a good PC for the value of a console. It's sort of known by now).

Also if you're going to recommend one please state why.  

Of this generation, the PS4 is the better console.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

ps4 has slightly better performance but to most people that is neglible. Most comes down to which platform your friends are on and which exclusives titles you enjoy me. Uncharted, TLoU, etc vs Halo, Ryse, etc

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

I would really only use it for local play, maybe a few games but mostly CoD.

Considering that Halo Guardians requires your freind to buy an Xbox One to even play at the same time as you, its easy to see where the Xbone is going and that for local multiplayer the PS4 is better.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What one has the exclusives that interest you?

Get that one.

no exclusives interest you?

ps4. better framerates.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Currently Xbox One is a better deal.

All of the bundles come with BO3 free. And the cheapest is $399, where as PS4 is $429.

Is it worth it to get the PS4 or just buy the the XBone?

Currently Xbox One is a better deal.

All of the bundles come with BO3 free. And the cheapest is $399, where as PS4 is $429.

Is it worth it to get the PS4 or just save some money for the XBone?

Oh yea you live in Canada. Everything is more expensive over there.   I would get the PS4 to be honest. Better graphical capabilities and more powerful than the Xbone in a long shot. Not to mention some classic games are being rebooted for the PS4. Like Ratchet and Clank, DMC4 and some other goodies as well.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

You have a PC and you're wanting this for local-mutiplayer games. Get a Wii U. Most of the great PS4 and XBOne games are also on PC or are eventually coming to PC. And even more are online-only multiplayer anyway. The Wii U on the other hand has quite a few worthwhile exclusive most of which have local-multiplayer modes.

Of course if you're really into something that's not on the Wii U like FIFA then get the PS4. Or if you're really into one of the exclusives like Halo or Uncharted then go with the XBOne or PS4. But beyond that I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be better off getting the Wii U.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I think it comes down to exclusives

This, it's always boils down to the game library.

If you don't care about the exclusive games then PS4 imo, mainly for the better gaming experience and imo better free games if your ps+ member.

I also find the menu and etc to be much better then Xbox1.

But if you want Co op couch gaming I'd suggest looking at the Wii U over the other two

PC!

Wait sorry,this is a console thread

PS4 Duh~

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

You have a PC and you're wanting this for local-mutiplayer games. Get a Wii U. Most of the great PS4 and XBOne games are also on PC or are eventually coming to PC. And even more are online-only multiplayer anyway. The Wii U on the other hand has quite a few worthwhile exclusive most of which have local-multiplayer modes.

Of course if you're really into something that's not on the Wii U like FIFA then get the PS4. Or if you're really into one of the exclusives like Halo or Uncharted then go with the XBOne or PS4. But beyond that I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be better off getting the Wii U.

"COD"

"Wii U"

If I wanted the nintendo exclusives I would get a 3DS XL. Which I was considering until there was only like 3 worthwhile games imo which wasn't worth it.

Also it's a pain for everyone to bring their laptop, besides some of my friends have real shit ones that can barely pull 30 frames on source games.

"COD"

"Wii U"

But you already have a PC. Also I'm no fan of CoD by any stretch but my understanding was that the last one to support 4 player split-screen multi was Ghosts. Ghosts and Black Ops 2 were both on the Wii U. So you're not really going to be getting that much out of the PS4 or XBOne. The vast majority of the stuff you can't get on PC is on the Wii U, not PS4 or XBOne. Especially if what you're wanting is local mutiplayer.

Though it's your money, I'm only making a suggestion.

For me its the PS4.

- Exclusives. I enjoy the current exclusives but I am also hoping there will be Gran Turismo 7 and the next Resistance game to come out.

- I like the controller more. I find the XBox controller to be a bit bulky at the back making it not as nice to hold.

- Upgrading the storage drive. Even though you can use a external drive for games saves and such on the XBox One I prefer to not have a cable sticking out thus making the area look cleaner.

- PS4 is $10 cheaper per year then XBL. I don't trust buying game time though a 3rd party and its rare that XBL is on sale here so I like being able to save $10 per year.

I went through this, ive always had playstation because Final Fantasy exclusives (next one is multiplatform) so this time I was free to choose. I wanted to get the XBO cause I liked the multimedia stuff, but then I have a pc ...... it came down to the fact that the PS4 generally runs stuff at a higher res than XBO (not all, some) and the titles appealed to me more (infamous, GT, etc) and its better hardware

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

For what you want to do, it pretty much comes down to exclusives and maybe price. I recommend the Xbox because it has exclusives that I love to play, and I also prefer the controller to that of the PS4. In terms of graphics, neither is all that good to be honest, but I find that when you are playing from the couch it's hard to notice.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

PS4 for pure gaming, Xbox One for an all around experience. 

AMD A10 7700k APU @ 3.8 GHz  /  Dem Integrated R7 graphics  / 8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1800 MHz RAM  /  1 TB WD Black HDD  /  ARC Midi R2 Case  /  ASRock FM2A88M Pro 3+ 

Logitech MX Performance / Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

For this console generation, asking which is better is like asking whether purple or yellow is better. Neither is inherently 'better' - they each have their strengths and weaknesses, and both can provide an enjoyable gaming experience. Which is better depends on what specifically you are looking for. If you're only interested in playing third-party titles, the PS4 is ever so slightly ahead owing to more consistent performance in games and a generally higher resolution and framerate target across titles. (Contrary to popular belief from the PC gaming community, the majority of titles on the PS4 are rendered natively at 1920x1080, with a large number also targeting a framerate of 60fps)

Short summary of plus points for each:

Xbox One

• Xbox Live is more mature than PlayStation Network
  • The controller is generally regarded as being better than the DualShock 4
  • The media functionality is significantly better.
  • Upcoming locally-based (not streamed) backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 titles
  • Exclusive titles such as Halo, Forza, Fable, Gears of War and Crackdown
PlayStation 4
  • More powerful hardware, generally better performance in multi-platform titles
  • Storage can be upgraded more easily
  • PlayStation Now offering backwards compatibility with previous PlayStation titles (not local, streams online)
  • Exclusive titles such as Gran Turismo, The Order: 1886, inFamous, Bloodborne, DriveClub, Uncharted and The Last of Us
Ultimately, only you and your friend can decide which is best for you. They're both decent consoles and both have a good selection of games to choose from, so you shouldn't worry about making the wrong decision - there isn't such a thing this generation.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I'm sorry but Xbox One. PS4 has like no exclusives at the moment, and it doesn't have Gran Turismo 7 yet. ;-;

This is true but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that the XBOne is much better. As someone who has a PC if I was to get a PS4/XBOne these would be the games I'd buy for it:

PS4:

- The Last of Us

- Journey

- Batman: Arkham Knight (because the console version isn't broken)

- Guitar Hero Live

XBOne:

- Rise of the Tomb Raider (if I had an XBOne I wouldn't wait for the PC version)

- Batman: Arkham Knight (same as PS4)

- Forza Horizon 2

- Halo 5

- Rare Replay

- Guitar Hero Live

but going back to my previous point, if you asked me the same about the Wii U?

- Bayonetta 2

- Mario Kart 8

- Smash Bros

- Splatoon

- Super Mario Maker

- Super Mario 3D World

- Wind Waker HD

- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

etc, etc