XBO or PS4

KingKeith55

For this console generation, asking which is better is like asking whether purple or yellow is better. Neither is inherently 'better' - they each have their strengths and weaknesses, and both can provide an enjoyable gaming experience. Which is better depends on what specifically you are looking for. If you're only interested in playing third-party titles, the PS4 is ever so slightly ahead owing to more consistent performance in games and a generally higher resolution and framerate target across titles. (Contrary to popular belief from the PC gaming community, the majority of titles on the PS4 are rendered natively at 1920x1080, with a large number also targeting a framerate of 60fps)

Short summary of plus points for each:

Xbox One

• Xbox Live is more mature than PlayStation Network
  • The controller is generally regarded as being better than the DualShock 4
  • The media functionality is significantly better.
  • Upcoming locally-based (not streamed) backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 titles
  • Exclusive titles such as Halo, Forza, Fable, Gears of War and Crackdown
PlayStation 4
  • More powerful hardware, generally better performance in multi-platform titles
  • Storage can be upgraded more easily
  • PlayStation Now offering backwards compatibility with previous PlayStation titles (not local, streams online)
  • Exclusive titles such as Gran Turismo, The Order: 1886, inFamous, Bloodborne, DriveClub, Uncharted and The Last of Us
Ultimately, only you and your friend can decide which is best for you. They're both decent consoles and both have a good selection of games to choose from, so you shouldn't worry about making the wrong decision - there isn't such a thing this generation.

How? The PS4 requires you to change the internal HDD and does not support external .You can say that you prefer having an internal HDD but to say its easier is not true at all. Xbox one is plug and play with USB 3.0 and wii u is the same. Where PS4 requires you to open up console slightly and use a screw driver, most people will have no problem doing this and i also prefer an internal drive but its not easier at all for a person who is just a casual gamer. Plugging in a USB is much easier. 

This is true but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that the XBOne is much better. As someone who has a PC if I was to get a PS4/XBOne these would be the games I'd buy for it:

PS4:

- The Last of Us

- Journey

- Batman: Arkham Knight (because the console version isn't broken)

- Guitar Hero Live

XBOne:

- Rise of the Tomb Raider (if I had an XBOne I wouldn't wait for the PC version)

- Batman: Arkham Knight (same as PS4)

- Forza Horizon 2

- Halo 5

- Rare Replay

- Guitar Hero Live

but going back to my previous point, if you asked me the same about the Wii U?

- Bayonetta 2

- Mario Kart 8

- Smash Bros

- Splatoon

- Super Mario Maker

- Super Mario 3D World

- Wind Waker HD

- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

etc, etc

Xbox one also has Master Chief Collection and Halo 5, Rare replay, Sunset OverDrive, Forza Series (three on xbox one).

Coming soon Quantum break, Crackdown. Scale bound, Gears of war 4.  

It really depends on what you want. Wii u would have the most games and exclusives if you have a gaming pc and just want first party. Xbox one has the most exclusives if your just a console gamer since there are alot of games that are XB1 and PC only. PS4 is the best if you want JRPG's. 

Xbox one= Best for  MP games like halo and best console for console only gamers with best all around library for them.  

PS4= Best for sony's SP exclusives and JRPG's.

Wii= Best for Pc gamer's or as a secondary console if you have another to play third party. Should not be used as main platform. 

How? The PS4 requires you to change the internal HDD and does not support external .You can say that you prefer having an internal HDD but to say its easier is not true at all. Xbox one is plug and play with USB 3.0 and wii u is the same. Where PS4 requires you to open up console slightly and use a screw driver, most people will have no problem doing this and i also prefer an internal drive but its not easier at all for a person who is just a casual gamer. Plugging in a USB is much easier.

Because for the majority of people, having an ugly external hard drive enclosure that requires both an extra data cable and power cable to an outlet to power it is ugly and inefficient.

The PS4's internal storage can be upgraded by sliding a piece of plastic, undoing a screw and slotting in a drive. It's as simple as it gets. If someone can't do that then I'm not sure how they can play games in the first place.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Xbox one also has Master Chief Collection and Halo 5, Rare replay, Sunset OverDrive, Forza Series (three on xbox one).

I did mention three of those five and that list was very subjective. It was really just a list of the games that as someone who has a decent PC I would get on each of those platforms. And on that measure the XBOne does come out slightly ahead of the PS4 as of today because it has Tomb Raider already. But my point was that neither of them are really worth it given how little they offer at this stage if you already have a PC.

To put it simply if you have a PC you can play GTA5, CoD, Assassin's Creed, Fallout 4, Batman (kinda), Tomb Raider (eventually) and so on. Even the indie titles, the "console exclusives" and so on. We're getting Street Fighter and No Man's Sky, we have Rocket League and Ori & the Blind Forest. Most of the "exclusive" stuff is PS4 and PC or XBOne and PC. So the only really massive gap in the games we can play is Nintendo.

So the Wii U is the only sensible console for a PC gamer to get..... unless they're really into Halo or Uncharted

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

This is true but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that the XBOne is much better. As someone who has a PC if I was to get a PS4/XBOne these would be the games I'd buy for it:

PS4:

- The Last of Us

- Journey

- Batman: Arkham Knight (because the console version isn't broken)

- Guitar Hero Live

XBOne:

- Rise of the Tomb Raider (if I had an XBOne I wouldn't wait for the PC version)

- Batman: Arkham Knight (same as PS4)

- Forza Horizon 2

- Halo 5

- Rare Replay

- Guitar Hero Live

but going back to my previous point, if you asked me the same about the Wii U?

- Bayonetta 2

- Mario Kart 8

- Smash Bros

- Splatoon

- Super Mario Maker

- Super Mario 3D World

- Wind Waker HD

- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

etc, etc

If we're taking Wii U into this, Wii U all day everyday.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

PS4 if you want Uncharted, games from Japan, and plenty of indie games to choose from

Xbone if you want Halo, Crackdown, Gears of War, and/or have an Xbox Live account carrying over from a 360 with digital games for backwards compatibility, not to mention remote play with Windows 10

Both should have some great bundles out for the holidays.

Why not both? PS4 have better hardware performance, and XBOne have better  game exclusives.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

both terrible.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860