Windows 7 vs Windows 8 for new build

skwananbe

I know that there are drivers on asus' website I have tried them and they just refused to detect my DS and install no matter what I tried (and I tried a lot of different things) , I had the same prob with UniXonar

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2X4GB) 1600MHZ, Mobo: Asus P8Z77M, Chassis: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass editionStorage: Seagate 1TB + Samsung 2TB In RAID 0 + Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS, Mouse: Steelseries Sensei, Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro, Monitor: BenQ G2410HD + Samsung SA1900

My ASUS Xonar U3 and Essence STX, as well as my brother Xonar DX works fine under Windows 8. No issue installing it.

Maybe you forgot the power cable, or motherboard drivers. Also, did you try a different PCI-E slot on the motherboard?

i would contact ASUS tech support. It's suppose to work.

Mod the helll out of Windows 8 and it will look beautiful plus way faster than windows 7 in startups if you have an SSD. 

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

Rolled back not to long ago from windows 8.1 preview. Crashed my system, thanks to my OS setting disk locked up :/ didn't like W8 that much any how. not the best for gaming so W7 till I get the same desktop does the job quite well