Apple's Tim Cook declares the end of the PC

zMeul

I don't think the iPad Pro would work in a work environment, iOS isn't meant for an environment like that

That is a ridiculously broad statement. The iPad Pro is the most capable tablet that Apple has produced thus far, and lots of businesses use them for all sorts of tasks.

I don't think the iPad Pro would work in a work environment, iOS isn't meant for an environment like that, maybe I would agree if it ran Mac OS X but still 2 gb of ram would be enough

It actually has 4GB RAM

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

It actually has 4GB RAM

That gives it an even bigger reason to run Mac OS X

PC has been "dying" since the 2000's lol.

I don't see the end of PC any time soon.

It's actually been dying since at least 1991.

kni0VxH.png

Bit old, but it still stands. Saying it again and again won't make it any more true.

I don't think all Apple devices are overpriced, but still this is not ONLY related to apple, this applies to Android too, an Android tablet will do what most people need to do

For the average joe, a PC is quite unnecessary, its really only gamers, and high end performance customers that need PCs

its a BIG portion of the market, what are you talking about? enthusiasts are the small portion

The ipad pro comes with  a keyboard, most android tablets can use a bluetooth keyboard - and hook up to a display

EDIT - no but I mean at HOME,they probably dont need a PC, my parents dont, and most of my friends parents really dont use computers much, maybe if they work in an office, not every job requires a PC

Shadow Captain.. Your looking at this from your point of view and a gamers point of view. People do simple things on a tablet. So Tim Cook thinks the PC is dying. So laughable. That means he would have to take down Microsoft and all its partners. Lenovo,Asus,HP,Nvidia. You really think a tablet is going to supplant computers in the work place. Umm NO! What about servers? We don't need those either right? Tim Cook is a fn idiot !  Why even say stupid sh*t like this? I hate Apple with a passion. I've had their iphones,ipods,and yes,they are over priced. Steve Jobs did nail it tho. Make it look elegant,but dumb down everything so the average sheep can understand it. I don't like how Arrogant Apple is. Tim Cook will eventually drag that company down!

Shadow Captain.. Your looking at this from your point of view and a gamers point of view. People do simple things on a tablet. So Tim Cook thinks the PC is dying. So laughable. That means he would have to take down Microsoft and all its partners. Lenovo,Asus,HP,Nvidia. You really think a tablet is going to supplant computers in the work place. Umm NO! What about servers? We don't need those either right? Tim Cook is a fn idiot !  Why even say stupid sh*t like this? I hate Apple with a passion. I've had their iphones,ipods,and yes,they are over priced. Steve Jobs did nail it tho. Make it look elegant,but dumb down everything so the average sheep can understand it. I don't like how Arrogant Apple is. Tim Cook will eventually drag that company down!

He NEVER said "the end of the pc" 

he said, and meant "if you are a normal person buying a laptop, why would you bother when you can get an iPad Pro" he didnt say the world doesn't need servers or desktops or anything

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The articles heading says.. Tim Cook declares the end of the PC.. Then there is this.. “I think if you’re looking at a PC, why would you buy a PC anymore? No really, why would you buy one?”

The only reason the guy says stupid sh*t like this is to draw attention to himself. I have 2 tablets,neither that are apple. All I ever use them for is a remote for my HTPC and read the internet. That's it. That's all they are really good for. They aren't even replacing laptops. Most people want a keyboard. A tablet is first and foremost an entertainment device. Your not going to use it to replace anything. Its not like other media being replaced,like a record,8 track, Cd.. The PC will not be replaced by anything,likely ever. PC's change,evolve..Its not the type of device that will be supplanted. Maybe not even in our lifetime. But,it will evolve..

source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/11984806/Apples-Tim-Cook-declares-the-end-of-the-PC-and-hints-at-new-medical-product.html

while you're reading the article, I'm gonna roll on the floor and laughing my ass off

---

the better question is: why would I buy a tablet (namely iPad Pro) when a PC can do it better?

tablets .. tablets aren't about portability, not even productivity, they are about convenience - and do you know what's funny? tablets from either Apple or Microsoft are backpedaling towards laptops (netbooks specifically) by adding physical keyboards

now, let's get back to the point of tablets vs PC

PC

• configurability
  • upgradability
  • storage capacity
  • connectivity
  • performance / $
  • versatility of use scenarios
tablet
  • portability
that's it!? surely Tim doesn't expect people to just drop all the benefits of PCs over a tablet

how about it Mr. Cook, put your money where your mouth is and stop manufacturing and selling iMacs - surely it would be a astonishing business decision .. NOT!

I dunno what the hell Apple's management is on, but they clearly lost their marbles

IDC-Q1-2015-Tablets-800x526.jpg

PRFig2.JPG

I think he was drunk when he told this...