Fallout 4 "Bomb Case" Build Log Parts List

Love it love it love ittttt. Bring on the StarWars themed build @Slick!

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

I'm cringing, yet it's not Linus in the video!

I'd have just put an Intel NUC or Gigabyte Brix and several fans in there. Seems like less effort.

I mean it would suck to build a fallout themed pc that couldn't even play fallout 4... 

Also I don't know Luke was having such a hard time stenciling... 

Oh god, the glue'd outlet ports for USB and audio/mic... the cringe is too real. I really wish they took the time to make a non-ghetto rigged pc mod. It would have been awesome for them to do a really in depth high quality level pc mod build. 

I mean it would suck to build a fallout themed pc that couldn't even play fallout 4... 

Also I don't know Luke was having such a hard time stenciling... 

Is a Core i7 and a GTX 760 not powerful enough?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5156#ov

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

Is a Core i7 and a GTX 760 not powerful enough?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5156#ov

I don't think so. Not at least on decent settings and frame rates.

Just some final thoughts on a "good" version of this build.

PSU should be mounted on bottom for better weight distribution. Add fan on top cap for exhausting air through top. Custom cable sleeves to reduce clutter+better airflow. Would have avoided the entire I/O issue by just cutting out rectangular slot for mobo's I/O. Also, instead of making 1 cylindrical shape for the bomb extensino for room, it would have been better to create 2 non-symmetrical semi-circular shapes to make up the cylinder extension, with a slight gap in between the two for the pci-e riser. Personally, would have removed original sound making stuff upon button push, and just replaced it with only power button. 0 reason to use a SATA SSD here when m.2 slot is available, save more space and cabling. If space permits it, cut one of the radiation hazard signs out, attach small yellow led'd up fan, ideally with the radiation hazard sign facing the GPU. Also, x-acto knife >>> dremel, especially since it looked like the plastic was fairly easy to cut.

gY6W7vx.jpg

Also, as far as part list, any i5 would do, 6600k and 6700k both overkill, especially since you're not going to be overclocking such a tight build.

Fallout Anthology

Probably would have been better overall to cut ventilation holes in the bottom and mounted a fan there so it could have blown air up through the components, and then just had some slits in the 3-D printed section so the hot air could escape.

Also if you're going to do more of these tiny form factor builds, I'd suggest you get a relatively high wattage external power supply.

http://www.mini-box.com/site/index.html

those guys have external PSU kits up to 192W, so ghetto mount 2 of them and you may just have something

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Nice build log but the build itself looks terrible on the inside and there were also some things Like could do a lot easier and better.

Nuclear signs could've been made as a single piece so the distances between them would be the same. Also it could enable spray painting or using big brush for cleaner paint apply.

The gpu power might still be unstable since the riser is quite long and radeons tend to suck as much as possible from the slot. Riser with additional power connector should do the trick here.

The airflow is terrible especially the power supply is turned to suck air from the top instead of getting it from the bottom where Luke made its stand perforated for this purpose.

I'd go for dremeling the holes in nuclear signs to give the case direct fresh air access in addition to top and bottom vents.

(probably gonna get some flack for suggesting this) but wouldend a Mac Pro fit nicely inside that bomb? I understand you wanted to build a pc inside of it for the video but for a proper case build and good looking computer (sorry Luke) I would thing the Mac Pro hardware would be your best bet. just bootcamp or completely install windows on it and you have a deacent gaming rig.

And with some minor mods you'd be able to set the button up like you wanted it.

Luke should have been required to wear a bandit raider bondage outfit for this video.

Or just have some random person dressed like that, sitting and reading a magazine of some kind in the background.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That switch Luke took out of the case, I believe that must be a HP. The switch can be easily taken out, by pusing the small tabs, without prying open the top cover. Well doing it that way, won't make a awesome video. :lol:

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

@nicklmg why didn't you just print out the radiation logos on the paper side of the adhesive rather than trace it? <___<

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

For star wars next week you need to build a pc in a storm trooper helmet, or darth vaders helmet.

You can get good cooling if you cut out the eyes on the helmet and replace it with a black mesh.

I really enjoyed watching this build. More video logs please, and fewer videos that are video presentations of graphs or finished builds :)

A few things; filler primer needs to be rubbed down with moist wet & dry paper between coats. That would have completely taken the lines from the 3D print out. Luke, you just layered filler primer over the rough surface, so it made no difference how many coats you did.

I'm pretty sure the switch for the sounds could've been modded for turning the PC on and still providing sound. No need to add the 2nd switch as far as I could see.

This video was great. I'd love to see more creative builds like this. 

While cool I still wouldn't ever want to use this for my gaming :P

I loved those two videos, great stuff Luke !

I totally dont understand why did he not 3d print the stencils? He literally traced them on a 3d printer :P

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

yea luke sucks at modding lol why didnt he 3d print the landing the power supply sat on instead of putting ugly rods thru it there was so many things wrong with this build it was sad to watch wish he had taken his time and just done a good job

So I am unfortunately not going to build this, probably never will, but hot dang do I love these kinds of videos. Thanks so much guys and I cannot wait to see what else along these lines you bring out in future.

Great series and so awesome that you guys brought out both parts in 2 days, really love that approach.  :D

CANDY MADE OF PEOPLE MADE OF CANDY~!!!!

That made for a great couple of videos guys. Love projects like that with truly unique builds/challenges.

I'm sure that board supports M.2 SSDs, that would have saved some space and 3D printing the PSU shelf & mobo support would have kept from penetrating the shell, but, it's easy to pick at a project after the fact. 

Great job Slick & thanks to all involved and my sympathies to those who weren't :)

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

I actually really liked the bomb "spacer" sizing. Aesthetically, it is very proportional. From a far it looks like it's supposed to be that size. I also liked the exhaust vents in the top. The only thing I would say to "finish" the build would be to do something about the power supply support rods to make them blend in more and to put some kind of black mesh over the intake and exhaust holes. Then it would be really slick!   

I need a GIF of Luke's WUT face in the first video at 2:10. Will give an internet cookie for the person doing it.

Ye ole' train