My Stupid, Crappy, Terrible, Bad Gaming PC

Go to solution Solved by matrix07012,

It is not a bad PC. Just add more RAM, reinstall Windows and you are golden. Most people have much worse computers.

G'day folks!

I have come here to discuss my stupid, crappy, terrible, bad gaming pc. 

First things first. I hate this PC!!!!!

It has an Intel Core i5 750 OC'd to 3.5 Ghz, a Gigabyte GA-P55a UD3p mobo, Nvidia GTX 660, 4GB RAM, Some random assortment of HDD's and SSD, H60 cooler and a VS550 PSU.

I am sick of how loud it is, the fact that it can't run much on ultra at 1080 and how stupid the power consumption is!

I am 14 years of age, don't have a job and only get $10 AU/week. Because of this I can't buy new parts and my parents don't give a sh*t about computers (even if they did I wouldn't ask them for money).

What can I do???? It is driving me insane!!!!

I can't even buy used hardware from Ebay!

Also

My computer is REALLY ugly. It has a blue mobo with not so white connectors. The GPU is also blue with stickers and solder joints all over the freaken place!

This kills me!

All my friends have a beast PC!

Any suggestions on what I could do?

Thanks!

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

Mow lawns, wash cars, do something for some money and just save it for some new stuff. Try looking around for used parts.

You have a better PC than a lot of people, just FYI.

Reinstall windows.

Don't bitch, a 14YO doesn't need a high end gaming PC.

Ask you parents for jobs, they may give you money for it.

Get a paper route.

Probably the biggest thing you can do is add 4 more GB of ram, 8 is kind of the standard for games and apps now. This will keep your system from having to write to the slower Hdd as much or the SSD. Things like ALT - TABBING will be much smother, more windows open and so on.

The next thing, your motherboard isn't the entirety of your computer, get a cheap black windowless case. Later on you can paint it or put decals on it, in the meantime it covers up that blue MB.

Last IMO, trade that H60 for a nice air cooler ! Why...because high static pressure fans for radiators are noisy, as are most pumps. A decent tower air cooler will eliminate both of these sources of noise.

But just changing the case and neatening up the cabling will make it feel new.

Reinstall windows.

Get a paper route.

No one needs a high end gaming PC.  But anyways why would he be less deserving of one just because he's young?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

G'day folks!

It has an Intel Core i5 750 OC'd to 3.5 Ghz, a Gigabyte GA-P55a UD3p mobo, Nvidia GTX 660, 4GB RAM, Some random assortment of HDD's and SSD, H60 cooler and a VS550 PSU.

I am sick of how loud it is, the fact that it can't run much on ultra at 1080 and how stupid the power consumption is!

I am 14 years of age, don't have a job and only get $10 AU/week. Because of this I can't buy new parts and my parents don't give a sh*t about computers (even if they did I wouldn't ask them for money).

Also

My computer is REALLY ugly. It has a blue mobo with not so white connectors. The GPU is also blue with stickers and solder joints all over the freaken place!

This kills me!

Thanks!

If it can't run ultra then don't put it on ultra, ya' dummy

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

No one needs a high end gaming PC.  But anyways why would he be less deserving of one just because he's young?

The thing is, why would he expect his parents to buy him a $1,000 computer? Like everything, he has to save up.

Also his computer is fine. It will not play GTA V at 4k, but it can play GTA V at low settings.

And his age changes in his posts, so he is very likely a troll. 

@Warning

It's a very good PC. If you can't play at max settings, just lower them; games are supposed to be about the gameplay, not the visuals.

What the fuck does it matter if it looks bad? You're supposed to be staring at the screen, not the case!

Get a job and buy a better graphics card. And stop whining like a little bitch, your PC is way above the average. Consider yourself lucky to own one and to be able to play games at all.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Reinstall windows.

Get a paper route.

I'm not asking for a high end PC. I never ask my parents for money as I know it's hard to pay rent, high electricity bill and for gas. I have been saving saving up. I currently have 180 dollars after buying my friends and my mums birthday gift. Year I reinstalled windows when I got my SSD

Main System Specs:

• Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

Probably the biggest thing you can do is add 4 more GB of ram, 8 is kind of the standard for games and apps now. This will keep your system from having to write to the slower Hdd as much or the SSD. Things like ALT - TABBING will be much smother, more windows open and so on.

The next thing, your motherboard isn't the entirety of your computer, get a cheap black windowless case. Later on you can paint it or put decals on it, in the meantime it covers up that blue MB.

Last IMO, trade that H60 for a nice air cooler ! Why...because high static pressure fans for radiators are noisy, as are most pumps. A decent tower air cooler will eliminate both of these sources of noise.

But just changing the case and neatening up the cabling will make it feel new.

I got the H60 for free lol! An extra 4GB would be good and my case is all black and no window.

Main System Specs:

• Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

If it can't run ultra then don't put it on ultra, ya' dummy

What good is low or medium lol? everyone wants or tries to run high or ultra!

Main System Specs:

• Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

The thing is, why would he expect his parents to buy him a $1,000 computer? Like everything, he has to save up.

Also his computer is fine. It will not play GTA V at 4k, but it can play GTA V at low settings.

And his age changes in his posts, so he is very likely a troll. 

Where doesw my age change in my post??? I am 14 and I do not want or expect my parents to give me $1000. For a computer to be yours, you must buy it yourself

Main System Specs:

• Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

@Warning

It's a very good PC. If you can't play at max settings, just lower them; games are supposed to be about the gameplay, not the visuals.

What the fuck does it matter if it looks bad? You're supposed to be staring at the screen, not the case!

Get a job and buy a better graphics card. And stop whining like a little bitch, your PC is way above the average. Consider yourself lucky to own one and to be able to play games at all.

"It's not about the visuals, it's about the gameplay" says the person with 2 R9 290's!

Main System Specs:

• Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

What good is low or medium lol? everyone wants or tries to run high or ultra!

@Warning

Ahem, this point has already been made @Warning

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Where doesw my age change in my post??? I am 14 and I do not want or expect my parents to give me $1000. For a computer to be yours, you must buy it yourself

Maybe a windows bug, I can't get drunk cause I'm 15 and look up, nobody could prank me

There^^^^

There^^^^

Typo. If you wan't I can send I pic of my ID card with blanked out personal info

Main System Specs:

• Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

Typo. If you wan't I can send I pic of my ID card with blanked out personal info

If it makes you feel better, i'm on a 2-3 year old laptop with a broken keyboard, 17.6 inch screen and a GT635M, pity train please. Oh and a I7 3632QM

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

G'day folks!

Also

This kills me!

Thanks!

Also, get a long HDMI cable or something like that and place the PC further away, or even in another room where it won't disturb anyone.

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

If it makes you feel better, i'm on a 2-3 year old laptop with a broken keyboard, 17.6 inch screen and a GT635M, pity train please. Oh and a I7 3632QM

i'm on a 5 year old laptop with a 15 inch screen  and an AMD APU.

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

i'm on a 5 year old laptop with a 15 inch screen  and an AMD APU.

I pity you as well.

G'day folks!

Snip

Well, here's my daily driver... (For now) So you were saying your computer is bad? Granted, I missed out on buying an i7 2600K, 8GB DDR3, generic mobo, generic ODD, and a 500GB HDD (most likely Seagate) for $159. Could have gotten 2 R9 270's for ~$100 too. This will be long gone next year though. I'm trying to wait for Skylake Extreme Edition and Pascal.

1tJFNT9.png

G²

It is not a bad PC. Just add more RAM, reinstall Windows and you are golden. Most people have much worse computers.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

I got the H60 for free lol! An extra 4GB would be good and my case is all black and no window.

Well, then why do you care what color the MB is ? Mine is red and I don't like it, but I don't look at it, so it doesn't matter :P

" i5 3.5GHz and GTX 660". " Cant even run games at ultra" Really man? Your complaining that your computer can't run all games at ultra and your 14? You have a better computer than 95% of 14 year olds. 

My pc until a few moths ago:

CPU: AMD Athlon  TF-20 1.6GHz

RAM: 2GB

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3200

I tried playing skyrim on it once at 720p with lowest possible settings and got 5fps. I might of topped out at a whopping 7fps for a few seconds. You don't need to be bitching that you cant run every game you have at ultra 1080p you ungrateful twat.

Just to cheer you up, I gonna tell you that I have a PC that is worth $75 at most, I run most games on lowest settings, most of the time my graphics card overheats & my PC freezes, so I have to wait like 5-10 min till it turns on without problems... & it's loud even tho it has ONLY 3 fans in it [emoji4]

P.S. Playing 1080p60fps videos on YouTube is just a pain