NVIDIA GeForce GTX and PC Gaming Revenue Grew by 44% in 2015 As Green Team Reports Record Revenue For Q3 of $1.305 Billion

Mr_Troll

NVIDIA GeForce Gaming Revenue Grows 44% – GPU Revenue Up 12%

NVIDIA has had a really good Q3 as they have reported their GPU business, not only staying in the green but reporting record revenue. NVIDIA’s GPU business was up 16% (Quarter/Quarter) and up 12% (Year/Year). The GPU revenue was up from $959 million in the previous quarter to $1110 million in the current quarter while last year, in Q3 2015, this revenue was steady around $991 US. Overall revenue was up 13% (Quarter/Quarter) and up 7% (Year/Year) with a total reported revenue of US $1305 million. NVIDIA mentions that In Q3, their  four key market platforms contributed to 85% of revenue up from 71% a year earlier. These include Gaming, Professional Visualization, Data Center and Auto business. The Gaming and Auto sectors were the main growth drivers for NVIDIA in Q3 2016.

Our record revenue highlights NVIDIA’s position at the center of forces that are reshaping our industry,” said Jen-Hsun Huang, co-founder and chief executive officer, NVIDIA. “Virtual reality, deep learning, cloud computing and autonomous driving are developing with incredible speed, and we are playing an important role in all of them. We continue to make great headway in our strategy of creating specialized visual computing platforms targeted at important growth markets. The opportunities ahead of us have never been more promising. via Nvidia

Some of the highlights for NVIDIA Third Quarter of Fiscal Year 2016 in the gaming department were:

• Introduced the Geforce GTX 950, designed to play the latest games with processing power that rivals any console.
  • Introduced Nvidia Gameworks VR, a software development kit for creating gaming experiences on virtual reality-ready desktops and notebooks.
  • Launched Geforce NOW, allowing players to instantly stream titles from the cloud to their SHIELD device.
  • Extended Shield Android TV into key European markets.

•  

During the investors call, CEO of NVIDIA, Jen-Hsun Huang was questioned about competitive dynamics of the GPU market and how NVIDIA will maintain their current advantage in the enthusiast field moving into Q4 2016. CEO of NVIDIA, Jen-Hsun Huang had to say the following:

“First of all, we respect our competitors, I mean we take our competition seriously. You know that as a company,  we compete pretty intensively and this is a company that has seen a lot of competition over the years and so we take competition seriously. We respect the capabilities of our competition. However, I think that its also very very clear that our business and our business model and our strategy is completely different than AMD and the graphics chip company it used to be along time ago and our company is just on a different trajectory. Our approach to building products is different, Our approach to going into market is different, Our approach in engaging the ecosystem is different. I can’t  imagine to tell you a more different company to tell you the truth. You know as much as we are always on alert and paranoid about… We don’t take our position for granted and we are thoughtful about competition. We have our own work to do and our own platform to do, we have our own ecosystem to go and care for and nurture and push forward and so I think i appreciate the question but I can’t imagine a more different company to tell you the truth.” transcript via investor.nvidia.com  (time- 00:50:26).

Source: http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gaming-revenue-grew-44-q3-2016/

Nvidia Q3 2015 earnings call

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

NVIDIA GeForce Gaming Revenue Grows 44% – GPU Revenue Up 12%

Let the circlejerk of Nvidia fanboys begin.

By that comment is sounds like you're a little salty about this, but honestly did anyone actually expect nvidia not to do well this year, despite their flaws they know how to make money.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

RIP AMD.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

So can we now see the future sales of graphics cards?

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

That's quite a sum. I'm guessing majority of those cards are the 970's and 980 Ti's. Those were almost properly good cards. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

AMD fans keep saying Nvidia fanboys are salty when AMD do better in "certain" benchmarks.

Lookey here, AMD fanboys salty Nvidia is better and makes more money. :)

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Honestly before the 390/driver updates amd did the 970 was still the best price to performance card on the market, which is why I bought one along with thousands of other people, amd should have fixed their 290/290x drivers sooner to gain more market share at that time.

Holy shit I predicted the jokes

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

what about consoles , did they drop?

is PC gaming surpassing console gaming?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also I think people are picking a bad time to scream AMD's death. Their stock has been slowly rising for weeks now and there aren't even any stories going on about MS, Samsung, or Apple buying them.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

i dont get it why anyone even gives a shit about fiscal results...

its litterally like going out into a crowd of people saying "next year i shall win the grand lottery"....

there is a chance, theoretically its quite high if you buy enough tickets throughout the following year. However its not gonna happen.

Also I think people are picking a bad time to scream AMD's death. Their stock has been slowly rising for weeks now and there aren't even any stories going on about MS, Samsung, or Apple buying them.

People often feel better for a while just before dying. xD

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Nvidia already reports its earning of Q3 2016?? We are still in Nov 2015, or am I confused it is actually in 2016 now. I slept the whole year without realising??

People often feel better for a while just before dying. xD

Haha idk, I've been a hospise caretaker for seniors and have seen that logic disproven everytime.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Nvidia already reports its earning of Q3 2016?? We are still in Nov 2015, or am I confused it is actually in 2016 now. I slept the whole year without realising??

One thing you should know is that the fiscal year does not line up with the calendar year.

One thing you should know is that the fiscal year does not line up with the calendar year.

Depends on the location.

Good news for Nvidia. I'm waiting for some details about Pascal. I'm guessing we will know more at the beginning of 2016.

Now let's just sit and wait how AMD brigade will try to convince everyone it is because of the Nvidia fanboys. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Good news for Nvidia. I'm waiting for some details about Pascal. I'm guessing we will know more at the beginning of 2016.

Now let's just sit and wait how AMD brigade will try to convince everyone it is because of the Nvidia fanboys. :D

I'm hoping Pascal is released early and nVidia surprises us all. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Haha idk, I've been a hospise caretaker for seniors and have seen that logic disproven everytime.

wow interesting, not many people on a tech forum can say they've done something like that. 

And as far as I'm aware, it's not guaranteed, it really depends on the scenario. Starvation, for example. A few people I knew had a last hurrah with cancer as well. 

As far as I've been told by others that works in the field, you see it more with people in hospitals and not hospice, but you are the first person that's told me it's not a thing.  

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch