If You Could Put Your Brain in a Working Human Looking Robot, Would You?

So if you could take your brain and put it into a robot that looked like a human, would you? This would (potentially) greatly expand your lifespan. Let me know your thoughts. Would you pay for this, if so how much? Do you think it's unethical? Would you want to have the potential to live forever? Do you think this could even be possible?

I can smell you

Not sure if would, I mean I would like to live a great deal longer. But a robot body?.....meh.

Would you want to have the potential to live forever?

Read the book Tucket Everlasting.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

One question: Is the procedure reversable?

If yes I don't see why not give it a try. i wouldn't want to live forever (or as long as the Sun atleast). I would become boring after the first 250 years or so. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

If yes I don't see why not give it a try. i wouldn't want to live forever (or as long as the Sun atleast). I would becoem boring after the first 250 years or so. 

Agreed, I just dont want to live forever, like you said.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

If it was in all respects a mechanical human body, capable of pain, touch, and other sensory functions, I don't see why not. It would make us immortal, and quite literally superhuman. 

Read the book Tucket Everlasting.

Does it go into the possibilities of this?

I can smell you

I don't know about that. I'm always a huge believer that everything must end, and should end. It's like that ying yang thing. Life without death seems weird. When I'm 80ish and death is just around the corner, I'd like to look back at my life and reflect on all the things that I've done. Death gives some tranquility in my opinion.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

yes definitely as long as I still have everything a human body has and the ability to still be able to feel things physically 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

But... Would I have the powers of like iron man, or crysis?

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

If yes I don't see why not give it a try. i wouldn't want to live forever (or as long as the Sun atleast). I would become boring after the first 250 years or so. 

Well you would have to find a body to put your brain in, or cryogenically freeze your body if you want to reverse it. Idk how successful reversal would be.

I can smell you

Agreed, I just dont want to live forever, like you said.

What if it wasn't reversable? But if you wanted to die, there would be a "kill switch" of sorts

I can smell you

I would only do it, if I have the option to kill my self anytime I want.

Ethics dont really matter to me, as life is way too complicated to stick to everlasting rules, at least IMHO.

I dont think that infinite life will be possible, ever. But say like living 200 years or so could be possible in a few decades. I would not see it as an extension of your life, but more of a second, seperate state of being and I could imagine paying all I have saved in my previous live and give it all up for a new one...

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Well you would have to find a body to put your brain in, or cryogenically freeze your body if you want to reverse it. Idk how successful reversal would be.

Couldn't my own body be put into life support, just untill I found out if I like it in the robot body? My heart would still be able to function without the brain, and I would just need a machine to breath for me.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Would be just like the movie surrogates. Pretty interesting idea, although makes people do pretty stupid things because they are not "risking" their own flesh. lol

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

What would the characteristics of the human-looking robot be? How would it work? And I just had to say this since reading something about a russian scientist saying to put the human brain into something like a hologram, "May I have a bigger 'junk' to go with it?" 

It would basically look like a regular human, skin, facial features, same size and proportions, etc. And there would be some sort of power supply to power all the motors to make the robot move. Your brain would be the control center of the robot that would make the body move just as it regularly would. There would also have to be some way of supplying oxygen to the brain, so maybe a heart-like device.

I can smell you

that feel when there's a bug in the software.

That's what one of my main concerns would be

I can smell you

If it was in all respects a mechanical human body, capable of pain, touch, and other sensory functions, I don't see why not. It would make us immortal, and quite literally superhuman. 

I would defiantly opt to have sensory functions, but I think I would only want to have pain to a certain extent, you know?

I can smell you

Don't think it's possible, and even if it is, I would never do it

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

a human robot is harder

a customized clone is more possible  than a full robot ( to have full human senses - it will be possible but much further in the future than a clone)

also a full human brain transplant is hard in a clone -using parts of ur brain is less dangerous

there would be alot of psychological effects because u wont recognize ur self anymore not to mention ur actions will differ greatly in ur new body because u wont be ur self anymore

looking into a mind of such a person going through such transition would be mortifying to me

not to mention the social impacts

a person wont be recognized for how he looks anymore

that sounds like a grand idea but look into it deeper

you would really know if any one is who he says he is

life will start looking worthless

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.