It's Hip to be Square!

Hey People,

Thought I would show my build off, still not yet completed though!

Hey people,

Parts List:

CPU: Intel 4770k

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Sabertooth

GPU: EVGA GTX 780 (Stock cooler)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 16gb

SSD: Sandisk Pulse 128gb

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540

PSU: Corsair RM650

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220

CPU Cooler Fans: 4x Corsair SP120's

Case Fans: 4x Corsair AF120's

Cable Extensions: BitFenix Alchemy Braided Cables

Case LED's: BitFenix Alchemy LED strips in Green

Monitor: BenQ XL2411T

Fan Spraying

Got some green spray paint and gave them a couple of coats:

L1CxTnC.jpg

Final Result:

trOHGcT.jpg

The Case Itself:qYA723R.jpg

Installing the fans in the case:

KD2eJU7.jpg

Build Time

CPU and RAM installation in the MotherBoard:

S47ehii.jpg

Case with the Motherboard in:

e7PvAjk.jpg

Now I'm awaiting on some more RAM and LED's before I do the final Pics, which hopefully should be here on Wednesday!

Cheers,

Kieren

So, decided to do some shots before I get some more ram and LED's.

Beware, it's pretty damn sexy!

hGX32vj.jpg

wXGwOvK.jpg

DQpjYKW.jpg

YNTsc0N.jpg

hCHXy5e.jpg

5gw3NxE.jpg

Probably My Favorite Shot:

dZwb6Rd.jpg

AqxdDh7.jpg

HXTlSKc.jpg

OnqvhFW.jpg

zQzJFWu.jpg

Cable Management, not quite my forte xD

rdMF3rd.jpg

I'd also like to thank everybody for their help with this build, been planning it for quite some time now and you lot have helped me along the way.

Cheers,

Kieren

Updates!!! (Finally)

Sorry peeps been a bit busy as of late!

I've added two more 4GB sticks of Corsair Vengeance, two SP120's to make the H220 Push/Pull, a dust filter on the back panel and two 60cm Bitfenix Alchemy Green LED strips (may need to pick up one more in the future though.

iUVU9nQ.jpg?1

2jHhsWo.jpg?1

jA22TWD.jpg?1

bGbaxbH.jpg?1

5mFj2yM.jpg?1

8tPV5SX.jpg?1

Now with the lights on (I sorta wish that I got white ones, but still I like the way it turned out).

fbB3M2o.jpg?1

pZChlZS.jpg?1

ub8EcBr.jpg?1

Thanks for everybody's help with this build.

Possible Future Updates:

Spraying the Mesh and the Extension slots.

Another 780?

Full watercooling with a 360 rad in the front?

Cheers,

Kieren

You could of gone with a bigger SSD, just my opinion...

ah heck yes! Im following this right here!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Those fan rings turned out great! Did you remove the old paint first or just go strait for the green?

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

I love this case and mobo, cant wait to see how it turns out! :)

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Omg, this looks so awesome.. I know you don't want too - but just consider to paint that mesh green! :( It would fit so incrediblely well! The inside with the green rings and sabertooth look awesome indeed. I expected it to be much worse hehe. Awesome to see it, have fun finishing it!

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Omg, this looks so awesome.. I know you don't want too - but just consider to paint that mesh green! :( It would fit so incrediblely well! The inside with the green rings and sabertooth look awesome indeed. I expected it to be much worse hehe. Awesome to see it, have fun finishing it!

Worried that I may fuck it up if I go ahead and spray it though! Got 2 4gb RAM sticks on the way aswell as some LED's!

Worried that I may fuck it up if I go ahead and spray it though! Got 2 4gb RAM sticks on the way aswell as some LED's!

Just PM or ask that guy.. that made his corsair grill pink, if you saw it. That looked amazing, just ask his exact steps. I am sure it's hard to fuck up! I sooo beg you to do that haha. Ofcourse I understand why you are afraid to fuck it up. 

This is the guy who did those grills in pink. @FreakishKid hopefully he shows up here and can help you how to paint it, or at least the way he did. Here is his build log once again. 

Edit: Did you get those green LP ones that I suggested? 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I was tempted buddy but it's enough for my OS and a few games so I'm happy!

Cheers,

Kieren

Ah fair enough man, 

Great build, love the black and green

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @4.8 Ghz Motherbord: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: GeIL Super Luce 32GB 2400MHz | Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition |
 | SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 | Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 850W Platinum Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass |

CPU Block: Phanteks Glacier C350i GPU Block: Phanteks Full Cover GTX 1080 | GPU Back Plate: EK Full Cover EK-FC1080 GTX | Reservoir: EK RES X3 250 |
| Radiator: EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Rad | Pump: EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Plexi Tubing: EK DuraClear 8/8ID 1/2OD Tubing |
Coolant: Mayhems Non Stain Blue Dye + Distilled Water | Fittings: EK ACF 10/13mm Compression fittings black Fans: Corsair HD120 RGB & Phanteks PH-F120SP |

Monitor: 2x Samsung s34e790c (34" 21:9 3440x1440) Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB  | Mouse: Razer Mamba Chroma RGB Mouse Pad: TSM Grunge |
Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel: Logitech G920 |

Looks great, although I must say that a Gigabyte Sniper would've looked killer inside this system! 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Sweet looking build love the Green/Black theme.

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

I really wanted it but just could not justify £400 on a motherboard over here!

Yeah, but there are also some cheaper mATX Version of it, which are a lot cheaper. But that would've probably ruined the asthetics :/

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Just take out the mesh spray a coat of white than finish it with some neon green spray paint.....would add more to the aesthetics and theme of your build.

my 2cents

Just take out the mesh spray a coat of white than finish it with some neon green spray paint.....would add more to the aesthetics and theme of your build.

my 2cents

Cheers Bud,

How did you spray it? Did you hang it some where? Were there any Issues with the holes in the mesh getting filled with paint?

It all sounds a bit risky in case I fuck it up, bit different to painting a few fan rings.

Thanks,

Kieren

Hang the mesh with fishing line or dental floss from one corner and keep your spraying very light and even like a moderate dusting with each pass. Prime it lightly with white then do light layers of green until you have the desired color. Keep in mind that you can always add more, but taking away is the hard part.