Pre ordering cinema tickets is a thing apparently...

patrick3027

As you all probabaly know, over 200,000 Star Wars VII tickets have already been sold (source: http://www.theweek.co.uk/star-wars/57322/star-wars-7-smashes-ticket-sale-records-but-what-will-the-film-be-about) without anyone having seen it. Even if the movie turns out to be total garbage, it's already a success for Disney.

We all know how bad it is to pre order games (http://kotaku.com/5909105/stop-preordering-video-games-please), are we heading in the same direction with movies?

What's your take on this?

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Yeah, my friend and some other people I know ordered the new Star Wars movie tickets already..

The site of the biggest cinema company in the Netherlands actually went down on the day the tickets were available for pre order. Crazy.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

200k tickets is not enough to even make them a profit. I have no doubt it will be a success regardless. With movies however it's different than with games, because there is a limited amount of available seats. If you don't preorder your ticket for the first night, you're probably going to get left out. Which is fine, but some people prefer to see the first screening, especially since they're usually in the largest room.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Meh I'm not hyped enough to pre-order a movie ticket, sure I'll go watch it but I'm not a Star Wars fanboy to pre-order it, to be honest if I could easily wait for it to be available in blu ray if I can't manage to watch it at the cinema, it's not a problem for me.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i hear you guyz stand in line for a movie and cant get reserve seats that you want and even if you do you cant get a seat you wanted but just the ticket  LOL , that's a shitty way to go to a theater, go to a online booking site, book your seats, book your tickets with pre assigned seats you selected and enjoy, seriously, why is USA so behind this ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

preordering movie tickets has a purpose unlike preordering video games. movie tickets can run out digital games can not.

200k tickets is not enough to even make them a profit. I have no doubt it will be a success regardless. With movies however it's different than with games, because there is a limited amount of available seats. If you don't preorder your ticket for the first night, you're probably going to get left out. Which is fine, but some people prefer to see the first screening, especially since they're usually in the largest room.

preordering movie tickets has a purpose unlike preordering video games. movie tickets can run out digital games can not.

I know it's (just a tad) less stupid than pre ordering games, but there's just something wrong about giving a company money on something we have no idea if it's gonna be good or bad.

We're customers, not fucking investors who pledge money on a promise.

I know it's (just a tad) less stupid than pre ordering games, but there's just something wrong about giving a company money on something we have no idea if it's gonna be good or bad.

We're customers, not fucking investors who pledge money on a promise.

Its a movie your going to have to buy it either way unless you watch it thru illegal methods.

Its a movie your going to have to buy it either way unless you watch it thru illegal methods.

But I think it's only common sense to wait for the first reviews before paying for a movie.

The last movie i went and saw on opening day was..... Independance Day.

When has it not been a thing?

Me and my friends book films online all the time. Guaranteed seats in a good spot every time and no need to be at the cinema early to make sure you get in.