Do you guys still have your first PC?

namarino

Do you guys still have your first PC or did you sell for your next one? I'm getting ready to build a new one and I'm not sure whether to keep it or sell it...damn sentimentality.

Do you guys still have your first PC or did you sell for your next one? I'm getting ready to build a new one and I'm not sure whether to keep it or sell it...damn sentimentality.

I have the CPU and HDD from it, that's about it though.

the first pc i ever made was for my senior project in high school (built it in 2007) its currently my moms pc for web surfing and normal stuff

i have the 15gb hdd from my first computer. Is emachines still in business? lmao

Technically not my first PC (that's in some attic back in Poland) but i have a really old compaq laying around in my room the last time i opened it, it felt like de_dust 2 ;p.

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG

i have the 15gb hdd from my first computer. Is emachines still in business? lmao

I think so, yes! If not I think they finally went out of business very recently thought, not 100% sure. I do know that wonderful old Packard Bell is Acer now.... just learned that and again not 100% sure.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

nope that Athalon Dual core died years ago 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Nope, I don't think that a 15 year old eMachines desktop would serve me well in any capacity right now.  I do kind of wish I knew where it was now, just for reasons of nostalgia.  I left it back home when I joined the Army from Tennessee, but I've been a civilian in Washington for about 5 years now and haven't even thought about it.  I wonder if my mom still has it around somewhere.  

Oh signature time!  It's on now, gonna give ya somethin snarky and clever and think way too hard about this because I'm really concerned about what people on the internet think of me.  Better google some good quotes to put in here too.....oh wait I'm not a loser.

I kinda do, I just slowly replaced every part in my pc (I still have the old parts, going to sell them soonly), the original pc I built (when I was 11 or 12 years old or something)  cost $175 U.S and had no graphics card so I was kinda eager to replace most things asap. The component I used for the longest time was my old i3 which was almost powerful enough for me but not quite.

Yeah I still have our old Gateway 500S. Still runs perfectly fine.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

My first PC was a pre-built. It was thrown out quickly.
But I do still have the first PC I actually built myself. It's under my desk right now... With my feet resting on top of it. Because it's my foot rest now. (with all the components still being inside the case... it should "still" work if I were to plug it... haven't done so in like 6 years now, though I did wipe the drive, just in case, who knows...)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

God no..........
i sold it back in the day 

My first (brand new) custom built was an Athlon 2400  

If you can make money by selling it go right a head, 

CPU : i7 5820k l MB : ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER/3.1 l RAM : 64GB l GPUs : GTX 970 l Case : Corsair 350D l SSD 2x250gb HDD 2x3tb Raid0 l CS750M PSU
CPU : i7 920 l MB : Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD5 l RAM : 24 GB  l Case : CoolerMaster Silencio l 3x3TB Raid 5 l  Corsair VS650 | ESXI 5.5
Asus G551VW | i7 6700HQ | 32 GB | GTX 960M | 500 GB Samsung mSata | 1TB WD 

define PC 

comadore 64....no

laptop....no

PC tower.....still use it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I have all the components, but they're not together.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I still have the PSU from my first rig. I decided to spend a bit extra on it at the time and then use it in future builds. I still use it to this day, 6 years later and this is my 4th build so far.  My 6970 is also still in my possession, but it is only for show, I don't use it anymore. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

If you could get at least $200 off of it I would sell off the parts, that's another $200+ you could spend on your next build

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

I still have all the components of the first PC I build myself. :)

When I got a new PC I just started using it as a server to tinker with and after that it was worth nothing and I still have it standing here.

First pc I have owned myselves? (not family computer) 

Yes I have it, its my current gaming rig. (i5 3570k, amd 7970 oc, 8 gigs of ram)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I think I still got my old pc hidden somewhere back home.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero