100 Rounds .50 Ammunition Crate PC

Sklo

Is there a way to fit a PC into this?

If so, what components? 

29.5cmx15.5cmx18cm

$_57.JPG

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Mini ITX, Low profile CPU cooler or LC, Maybe mount HDD and SSD on top or sides, PSU can fit if you choose a short GPU such as R9 nano, and dont forget that you will need some sort of acting cooling system blowing through the chassis.

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

@Sklo

Mini ITX, Low profile CPU cooler or LC, Maybe mount HDD and SSD on top or sides, PSU can fit if you choose a short GPU such as R9 nano, and dont forget that you will need some sort of acting cooling system blowing through the chassis.

^basically this^

Don't forget the standoffs...

as for the PSU, try a form factor smaller than ATX... SFX should be small enough...

An AIO cooler is a must...

Cooling is your main issue with this case...

Also, please follow your topic...

Is there a way to fit a PC into this?

If so, what components? 

29.5cmx15.5cmx18cm

Yes but you will need to cut lots of holes in it and will need super small components

I would get the Corsair C70 in green and decorate your desk with the ammo tin instead

perhaps get some 7.62 ammo linkages and spread them around

Small%20(1%20of%2010)%20G.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Open the box, put an intel NUC in, close the box, finished :) /s

If you finde one, get a MoBo with am M.2 socket so you don't need etra space for an SSD.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

What kind of PC? A gaming PC is going to be pretty difficult to have it nicely cooled.

The ammo box is quite a bit smaller than a NCase M1, which is the smallest gaming PC case I've seen that looks like it would actually work.

You may be able to make it work by using DC-DC converters with an external power supply, but I don't know of any off the shelf ATX converters that would work for over 250-300 watts, and finding an external power brick with that high of wattage may be tricky.

I once built a miniITX open-frame "case" that then went into a night vision goggle case.   :)    http://spotswoodcomputercases.com/wp/?page_id=8567

(Off topic but that Helmer drawer replacement is awesome)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Mini-ITX is just small enough to fit but you probably won't be able to get a GPU in there without a riser cable.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

• 2 weeks later...

.50 Ammo Crate: 30cm x 16cm x 18cm

GPU - R9 nano 650€/175W 15,2cm x 11,1cm x 3,9cm
Mainboard - Mini-ITX 17cmx17cm
Storage: 3.5" Hybrid Drive with 3TB
CPU - Core i5-4690K 239,77€
CPU Cooler - NH-L9i 40€ 3,7cm
Ram - low profile
Powersupply ?

Depending on how I fit in the PSU it might work.

If you can fit it in there a silver stone SFX PSU or one of theses HD plex ones would be good but with that system it would be maxing it out:

http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-250W-Hi-Fi-DC-ATX-Power-Supply-16V-24V-Wide-Range-Voltage-Input.html

By any chance do you know what power adapter people use to supply that board? I've never been able to find one with a that high of wattage that was enclosed.

I've seen that Xbox 360 adapters are commonly used, but still only prove a bit over 200 watts. I'd like to find one with 350-400 watts.

By any chance do you know what power adapter people use to supply that board? I've never been able to find one with a that high of wattage that was enclosed.

I've seen that Xbox 360 adapters are commonly used, but still only prove a bit over 200 watts. I'd like to find one with 350-400 watts.

Power adapters for gaming laptops or Xboxes as your said are usually the best bet for those kinds of board PSU's but with the hardware you have it would be pushing that to the max not to mention if you want to overclock. I've seen theses used mainly for HTPC's in small enclosures.

What is the PSU luke used in his fallout build? It looked so tiny.

Always thought about using a watertight ammo box with oil inside of it as a PC case for a low power PC (like a pentium and SSD with passive GPU)

radiator rack and a couple fans, but Yeah Ive had that Idea too, I think it would work pretty well...

Spoiler

I did some drawing and no it sadly is not possible. Motherboard is 17x17cm and on mini ITX boards high end GPUs extend over the side of the MB. with one cm to spare, there is not enough place for a high end gpu, even a nano. You would have to remove a god portion of the bottom and lift the case a few centimeters. Which is unpractical and looks stupid. 

I did some drawing and no it sadly is not possible. Motherboard is 17x17cm and on mini ITX boards high end GPUs extend over the side of the MB. with one cm to spare, there is not enough place for a high end gpu, even a nano. You would have to remove a god portion of the bottom and lift the case a few centimeters. Which is unpractical and looks stupid. 

Use a short PCIe riser and lay the Fury nano flat on the back of the MoBo (use proper isolation).

Can you show the pictures you made?

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Use a short PCIe riser and lay the Fury nano flat on the back of the MoBo (use proper isolation).

Can you show the pictures you made?

If I did, you would shoot me. 

Was at work so I had no modeling software, I used paint and used 10px for a cm. I guess laying it ontop of the moba would work(space-wise), but it would strongly restrict airflow.

If I did, you would shoot me.

Was at work so I had no modeling software, I used paint and used 10px for a cm. I guess laying it ontop of the moba would work(space-wise), but it would strongly restrict airflow.

Haha ok :)

You would have to make proper air in an outtake anyway. My proposal:

- 1 intake fan in the bottom

- 1 intake close to the GPU

- 1 outtake fan on both "length sides"

This will lead to 3 case fans and should give good thermals. But the noise level migth be a bit high.