Moving from Android to iOS, How easy is it?

Sousuke

move-to-ios-1-800x420-520x245.png

Switching from Android to iOS:

So a few days ago I upgraded my phone from a OnePlus One to an iPhone 6S Plus 64GB. This isn't a topic saying why one is better than the other or what you should buy more of a what happens if your using Android but really like the look of an iOS Device.

word-accessories.gif

So we begin with Accessories, All of your Micro/Mini USB Cables are now practically worthless as the adaptor from Micro USB to Lightning is stupidly expensive unless you go with an unofficial option however I would always recommend on replacing your cables instead of using adaptors. Some cases may fit if they were some of the loose "Baggie" style cases but when you switch phones you would normally have to replace the case at least anyway.

Bluetooth Accessories usually work cross platform however that isn't a guarantee unless they state it on the packaging, Speakers should always work but once again some may not.

Android Wear devices are a sticky subject as they are quite expensive and not something you would be upgrading as much as you would your phone, as I have my Moto 360 1st Gen that was one of my concerns however as long as your Android Wear device is running software version 1.3 which all new Android Wear devices are using but if like me you have an older device you HAVE to upgrade the watch to 1.3 though your Android phone first otherwise it will not work. Lastly with Android Wear the Wear App has to be running at all times if you close it the watch will disconnect.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-16%20at%2018.04.

So actually moving your data across is easier than you think however there are certain things you can't transfer over such as Apps and Music. Apps we can 100% understand as not all of your apps are available on the App Store and if they cost anything you would have to buy them again, would be nice if the software could detect what apps you are using and prompt you to re-download them on your iPhone but heck this is a new app so it should have some growing room.

Music however we all know why they don't allow you to copy that across, it's the same reason why they won't let you copy music off your iOS device which is, agreements with the Music Industry which Apple have due to the Apple Music Store and the newly released Apple Music Streaming service.

What you can transfer over is: Contacts, Text Messages, Photos & Videos and your Google Account details.

The App is super easy to use, just have both phones connected to the same Wifi Network whilst the Android Phone is running the Move to iOS App and the iPhone is on the "Apps & Data" part of the initial setup like seen below:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-16%20at%2017.51.

Just tap on Move data from Android and it will then start the process by asking you for a code that the iOS Device will give you:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-16%20at%2018.12.

After that it will ask you what data you want to bring across and will give you the 4 options:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-16%20at%2018.16.

Once you've selected all of that it will transfer all of your data over, the iOS device will take longer to "Move things into place" but once that is done all of your selected data is on your iPhone.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-16%20at%2018.18.

It's not the quickest process in the world but works, and notice the cheeky "Recycle your Android phone for free at Apple Stores".

And that is how easy that is!

With Android Wear devices working quite well with the iPhone and the Move to iOS App my transition from Android to iOS couldn't have been easier. The Move to iOS App shouldn't have as bad of a rating that is has in the Google Play store but that's just down to Android Fanboys being Fanboys.

Thanks for Reading

Sousuke

Disclaimer: This information has been brought to you from someone who has actually done the process and everything i've shown is truthful and to the point. Things may change in the future.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

This was a mistake.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

With transferring apps the move to iOS app should put the apps that are also available on the app store in your wish list, unless that changed or is broken

This was a mistake.

In your opinion, I've used iOS Devices for years and use both a Mac Pro and a MacBook Air so I am deeply entrenched in the Apple Ecosystem. I decided to try out Android for 2 Years as I got kinda bored with iOS and I did use 2 Android Devices during that time and Android is a fantastic OS however I find that due to my position iOS is a better fit for me.

It's not up to you whether it's a mistake or not so please keep your "Fanboyism" Away from topics in which aren't comparing both platforms.

With transferring apps the move to iOS app should put the apps that are also available on the app store in your wish list, unless that changed or is broken

I 100% agree with you on that one, This would be a great feature to add!

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

So a few days ago I upgraded my phone from a OnePlus One to an iPhone 6S Plus 64GB. 

You downgraded - not upgraded.  :P

Your formatting gives me a headache

Your avatar gives me a migraine, Kidding however note taken.

You downgraded - not upgraded.  :P

Once again your personal opinion and I respect that however it is an upgrade for myself.

So easy a 5 year old can do it. Because the OS is built for their brain capacity.

Wow so much Android fanboyism on this forum.

In your opinion, I've used iOS Devices for years and use both a Mac Pro and a MacBook Air so I am deeply entrenched in the Apple Ecosystem. I decided to try out Android for 2 Years as I got kinda bored with iOS and I did use 2 Android Devices during that time and Android is a fantastic OS however I find that due to my position iOS is a better fit for me.

It's not up to you whether it's a mistake or not so please keep your "Fanboyism" Away from topics in which aren't comparing both platforms.

I 100% agree with you on that one, This would be a great feature to add!

Having an opinion that Android is better is not fanboyism

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

So easy a 5 year old can do it. Because the OS is built for their brain capacity. 

As opposed to needlessly overcomplicating something? It's not like iOS is limited as to what it can do. 

/Also implying Android is more complicated (by any substantial amount). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Stating that someone else's personal preference was a mistake without even trying to explain why or understand why they upgraded is an act done by a Fanboy. Also doing so in a thread which isn't even comparing the two platforms as stated in the first few sentences of the thread once again is something done by a Fanboy.

Stating that someone else's personal preference was a mistake without even trying to explain why or understand why they upgraded is an act done by a Fanboy. Also doing so in a thread which isn't even comparing the two platforms as stated in the first few sentences of the thread once again is something done by a Fanboy.

I disagree with your decision, therefore your decision is wrong. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Humm mine didn't do that when I made the move, Perhaps just an error.

Yeah, yeah. That was wrong of me to say and all. 

I found it a bit funny, though. Because the color scheme of iOS looks like something Playskool would make. 

That's true, but the only thing that makes a phone like say, a 6S, is that's processing power. OH WAIT... CHIPGATE. Anyway, chipgate is retarded but that run for the MacBooks money that the 6S provides is impressive for the iPhone but retarted for the MacBook.

Yeah, yeah. That was wrong of me to say and all. 

I found it a bit funny, though. Because the color scheme of iOS looks like something Playskool would make.

I quite like it however would be nice to be able to change it like you can in Android but it's not a big of a deal for me personally.

That's true, but the only thing that makes a phone like say, a 6S, is that's processing power. OH WAIT... CHIPGATE. Anyway, chipgate is retarded but that run for the MacBooks money that the 6S provides is impressive for the iPhone but retarted for the MacBook.

Chipgate ... I have the Samsung A9 chip in mine and to be honest, the battery life is still really good and performance is the same between the two so I don't really care like everyone else should. The only reason MacBooks exist is because of people like me who like that form factor, I'm not a big fan of tablets and would rather use a Laptop over a Tablet any day of the week.

I quite like it however would be nice to be able to change it like you can in Android but it's not a big of a deal for me personally.

Chipgate ... I have the Samsung A9 chip in mine and to be honest, the battery life is still really good and performance is the same between the two so I don't really care like everyone else should. The only reason MacBooks exist is because of people like me who like that form factor, I'm not a big fan of tablets and would rather use a Laptop over a Tablet any day of the week.

idc about battery bc you're right, in real-world applications it doesn't matter. It's not retarded that they come from different manufacturers. It's retarded that they have different process nodes, and are different physical sizes, and one is more efficient than the other. It proves that Apple relies on customers who don't know (or don't care in your case, I'm guessing) the first thing about technology and whatnot.

idc about battery bc you're right, in real-world applications it doesn't matter. It's not retarded that they come from different manufacturers. It's retarded that they have different process nodes, and are different physical sizes, and one is more efficient than the other. It proves that Apple relies on customers who don't know (or don't care in your case, I'm guessing) the first thing about technology and whatnot.

I do care but when comparing 2-3% battery difference it's not worth losing any sleep over it.

I do think that Apple should sort out how partners create parts for the iPhones but with the amount of devices they ship during the first few weeks is ridiculous and is why they have to deal with this sort of thing. At Least this isn't as bad as Antennagate!

You're right, I don't care what node my processor is based on, and neither should you or anyone else so long as the performance is what it should be -- which it is. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

It is when you guys go onto every single fucking thread to tell everyone about how much you don't like Apple.

It is when you guys go onto every single fucking thread to tell everyone about how much you don't like Apple.

I know why Apple attracts hate on this forum but you would have thought that LTT would attract more ... non fanboys. I have to say that it's better than most other forums which is why I support it. However some people really make me question why we are here. I love all tech but Apple's Implementation for me is a better fit however that wouldn't stop me from using Android (Infact I still use Android on my Moto 360) and I use a Windows 8.1 PC for Gaming so I'm not blind when it comes to tech.

Anyway I may make a Move from iOS to Android whilst I still have my OnePlus One before I sell it.

I know why Apple attracts hate on this forum but you would have thought that LTT would attract more ... non fanboys. I have to say that it's better than most other forums which is why I support it. However some people really make me question why we are here. I love all tech but Apple's Implementation for me is a better fit however that wouldn't stop me from using Android (Infact I still use Android on my Moto 360) and I use a Windows 8.1 PC for Gaming so I'm not blind when it comes to tech.

Anyway I may make a Move from iOS to Android whilst I still have my OnePlus One before I sell it.

You should see Linus' social media accounts when he posts pictures of the Apple stuff he reviews.

I have to say that it's better than most other forums which is why I support it.

It's better, but it's still pitiful; people need to learn to not be so closed minded and understand that just because something doesn't match their needs and/or fit into their demand/use case doesn't mean it's a bad product or that it doesn't have a place in the market. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler