Thoughts on Noctua NH-D15?

Pooherino ツ

Rather overpriced, but one of the best ones you can get if you absolutely refuse to watercool.

What about Noctuas on a rad? Killed two birds with one stone right there!

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

What about Noctuas on a rad? Killed two birds with one stone right there!

Or any other real decent fan. But again only if you refuse to Watercool does it make sense imho.

I personally use Venturi hp-14s instead but hey then they don't look like shit.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Or any other real decent fan. But again only if you refuse to Watercool does it make sense imho.

I personally use Venturi hp-14s instead but hey then they don't look like shit.

I find that the colour scheme of Noctuas gives the idea of instantly recognisable :D But with the LTT fans coming out I'd like to buy a bunch of those :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I find that the colour scheme of Noctuas gives the idea of instantly recognisable :D But with the LTT fans coming out I'd like to buy a bunch of those :P

Instantly recognizable as poop colored. Indeed.

Hahaha why not pure black venturis instead? Beautiful and powerful/silent.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I'd class myself as an (albeit open minded) LTT/Noctua fanboy \/_\/

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I love mine, only a few millimeter clearance between the clip springs and the back of my graphics card with this motherboard.  But the peace of mind that the cooler isn't going to leak over my components is worth it.  I bought it mainly because every tech youtuber was using them, but I seem to buy into the hype train.  Too many points of failure with liquid, and with comparable price and performance, I'd rather invest in a chunk of metal that will last until they no longer support socket mounts.

H100i is one of the worst 240 aio's on the market. There is a reason they came out with the h100i gtx. (Which still is overpriced and comes with shitty fans).

Depending on fans used and case dynamics (obviously aio's give much less shits about all other case waste heat say using a high heat gpu) a 240mm aio is on par with a nh-d15 and noise is defined by fans chosen.

Outside of the worst 280/360 rads (again h110 is really poor) they outperform the nh-d15 and when a temp target defines fan speeds it is often if not always quieter than the nh-d15 (due to the better cooling with fan scaling but then again obviously is more expensive).

The single biggest reason to go with an aio though isn't cpu temps but rather the temps of everything else in your case.

Realistically I use no included fans ever unless it already comes with the ones that I had planned on using. Cases and coolers coming with fans is more of a nuisance to me. I remember back in the day when next to now tower coolers had fans included.

just a heads up but most standard AIO's are nearly identical, at least if they are sold in the US since only one company can manufacturer and sell the design so one being better than another really all depends on the construction of the rad.

what color is your poop seriously cause peachy tan is not a normal color for poop to say the least

I love mine, only a few millimeter clearance between the clip springs and the back of my graphics card with this motherboard.  But the peace of mind that the cooler isn't going to leak over my components is worth it.  I bought it mainly because every tech youtuber was using them, but I seem to buy into the hype train.  Too many points of failure with liquid, and with comparable price and performance, I'd rather invest in a chunk of metal that will last until they no longer support socket mounts.

I wish they still had full copper tower coolers...

Realistically I use no included fans ever unless it already comes with the ones that I had planned on using. Cases and coolers coming with fans is more of a nuisance to me. I remember back in the day when next to now tower coolers had fans included.

just a heads up but most standard AIO's are nearly identical, at least if they are sold in the US since only one company can manufacturer and sell the design so one being better than another really all depends on the construction of the rad.

what color is your poop seriously cause peachy tan is not a normal color for poop to say the least

I wish they still had full copper tower coolers...

(well before CM got busted, the "different options" were CM/Asetek/EK/Swifttech)

And the h100i used ancient parts that never got updated (same with the h110). 

Fans obviously is a huge reason why, but that's why I generally recommend the LEPA Auqachanger 240 since you indeed should replace fans anyways. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/lepa-cpu-cooler-lpwac240hf (69.99 now that is price to preformance...)

The corners, and the middle being the chunks hahahahaha.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

(well before CM got busted, the "different options" were CM/Asetek/EK/Swifttech)

And the h100i used ancient parts that never got updated (same with the h110). 

Fans obviously is a huge reason why, but that's why I generally recommend the LEPA Auqachanger 240 since you indeed should replace fans anyways. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/lepa-cpu-cooler-lpwac240hf (69.99 now that is price to preformance...)

The corners, and the middle being the chunks hahahahaha.

Your forgetting Cool It. The only ones that are in the standard CLC/AIO are Asetek, Cool It, and Cooler Master.

The H220/H220X and EK Predator really cant be put in with other more standard AIO's

All of them really are the same now so why not..

Best air cooler in my opinion bit big and the fans are not that pretty to look at.

The Dick of the audio page!

Awesome cooler. It's pretty big, and most people don't like the look of the vomit tan + poop brown fans, but I like them. Adds character.

Performs well and is quiet. Make sure it's compatible with your case as it's pretty tall.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

CQIhL3kUYAAVjjs.jpg

Mmm

I personally prefer the original brown and beige colors and would love to get brown/beige LTT edition fans.

when is LTT noctua fans release date ?

might be next year i guess ?

maybe?

The single biggest reason to go with an aio though isn't cpu temps but rather the temps of everything else in your case.

Are there any review sites that have done a test confirming this? I would expect those two large fans on an NH-D15 would do an excellent job pushing the heat from the CPU out the back of the case. And then tons of people put AIOs in the front so that hot air is being blown right back in the case. I don't get that lol.