"Is Apple A cult?"

VAkena

Hide yo phones,Hide yo laptops cause Apple taken over that shit.

haha yeah at this point both are cults, or perhaps full blown religions having their crusades against each other

Not much of a crusade, really.  The hipster regiment is just too small to take on the might of the Android army.

11921-5387-Screenshot-2015-02-25-035326-

Sorry, couldn't resist rubbing it in.  :P

What do you think of this kind of behavior? Is it acceptable in your eyes?

No, but you have to understand where it comes from, and understand the target demographic. The thing is, when you buy an Apple device you dont buy it because it has a quad core whatever, you buy it because its fast, you dont buy it because it has a 2560x1600 display, you buy it because the screen is sharp and beautiful, 

While specs are relevant to some people (mostly gamers, CAD, video editors etc) for most people using Apple devices, phones, tablets, iMacs etc they dont really care what numbers are on the box as long as the machine is fast enough to do as its advertised

That is the core difference between the two, somebody buys a 15" retina for working on, editing their photos and web browsing, its fast, beautiful and does the job they expect, they go to the shop, there are a couple of options, the helpful staff sort them out, and their phone, tablet and laptop all seamlessly integrate

I know for a FACT working in retail that most consumers wish buying computers was that simple, we used to sell so many utterly shit £400 laptops, with like celeron dual cores and 4gb of ram, and people would be like "well how come that Macbook has 256gb and this one has 1tb, this one is cheaper, ill take it"

Specs are GREAT for those A) Informed B) who need to know the specs for specific tasks (gaming, cad, design, rendering) but for 99% of everyone else, nobody gives a fuck, the REAL apple customers would not brag their laptop is the fastest, merely "fast and simple, and it was just easy to walk in, buy and use"

I am not saying its right, but thats how the landscape looks to the everyday customer. - As far as I MYSELF am concerned, specs are very important, but so is everything else, and I am willing to compromise specs, or pay more than I should for something I feel I want to spend my money on

(Obviously if some idiot kid is mouthing off that his 2007 core 2 duo macbook is better than razer blade or something then tell them to suck a fat one - although my brothers 2007 core 2 duo macbook still runs great, and he does all sorts on it)

Not much of a crusade, really.  The hipster regiment is just too small to take on the might of the Android army.

Sorry, couldn't resist rubbing it in.  :P

I couldn't care less about having the most popular OS, and you will find that 90% of android phones are budget, and their flagship devices are outnumbered my iPhones

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I agree with you on the watch, but not the ipad pro, i always thought they needed a larger option for full sized reading of things like graphic novels and magazines. The new stylus will be great for artists IMO because it does stuff like know the angle it's tilted at. They showed a drawing program by Adobe where you can shade just like a real pencil by using the side and such. I think it's way too pricy though. They should make it cheaper and grab more market share from the surface line and Tab lines !

I like cook because he's more willing to update stuff. If it was Jobs we'd still be on ipad 4 and such.

I don't think it's useful for artists either since they can buy a wacom tablet or a surface that uses a wacom digitizer. The ipad pro might have been a useful product if it ran a real os not ios.

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

No, but you have to understand where it comes from, and understand the target demographic. The thing is, when you buy an Apple device you dont buy it because it has a quad core whatever, you buy it because its fast, you dont buy it because it has a 2560x1600 display, you buy it because the screen is sharp and beautiful,

While specs are relevant to some people (mostly gamers, CAD, video editors etc) for most people using Apple devices, phones, tablets, iMacs etc they dont really care what numbers are on the box as long as the machine is fast enough to do as its advertised

That is the core difference between the two, somebody buys a 15" retina for working on, editing their photos and web browsing, its fast, beautiful and does the job they expect, they go to the shop, there are a couple of options, the helpful staff sort them out, and their phone, tablet and laptop all seamlessly integrate

I know for a FACT working in retail that most consumers wish buying computers was that simple, we used to sell so many utterly shit £400 laptops, with like celeron dual cores and 4gb of ram, and people would be like "well how come that Macbook has 256gb and this one has 1tb, this one is cheaper, ill take it"

Specs are GREAT for those A) Informed B) who need to know the specs for specific tasks (gaming, cad, design, rendering) but for 99% of everyone else, nobody gives a fuck, the REAL apple customers would not brag their laptop is the fastest, merely "fast and simple, and it was just easy to walk in, buy and use"

I am not saying its right, but thats how the landscape looks to the everyday customer. - As far as I MYSELF am concerned, specs are very important, but so is everything else, and I am willing to compromise specs, or pay more than I should for something I feel I want to spend my money on

(Obviously if some idiot kid is mouthing off that his 2007 core 2 duo macbook is better than razer blade or something then tell them to suck a fat one - although my brothers 2007 core 2 duo macbook still runs great, and he does all sorts on it)

I couldn't care less about having the most popular OS, and you will find that 90% of android phones are budget, and their flagship devices are outnumbered my iPhones

100 percent this, couldn't have said it better myself . Some people don't care about price to performance, hell look how popular dominator platinum memory is

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

we can end this topic right here, anything said to counter these arguments can and will be called fanboyism, since it's nearly always that way.

The most objective, but trueth full statement of apple vs android has been made.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I don't think it's useful for artists either since they can buy a wacom tablet or a surface that uses a wacom digitizer. The ipad pro might have been a useful product if it ran a real os not ios.

I guess we'll see, but a Wacom is basically a tablet anyhow.

its more of a religion then a cult

Not much of a difference. Lol

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

Someone get them some Kool-Aid STAT!

Edit: Leave it to Fox to do something like that

17bgyrsj0o0hzjpg.jpg

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Not much of a difference. Lol

Actually all religions started as cults or sects.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Well, there are some members that would obey Apple as if it were a cult.

If you have a brand preference, that's pretty normal. just our human nature to prefer something we are familiar and comfortable with. It takes less brain power to get something that's go-to, than to do extensive research and use a lot of brain power every time you need something. The pinnacle of marketing is to make your product feel/seem/look like a nice go-to thing, because that's what we are attracted to. Apple have done well to market themselves as the easy stress-free solution, it plays on our most basic instincts.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

If you have a brand preference, that's pretty normal. just our human nature to prefer something we are familiar and comfortable with. It takes less brain power to get something that's go-to, than to do extensive research and use a lot of brain power every time you need something. The pinnacle of marketing is to make your product feel/seem/look like a nice go-to thing, because that's what we are attracted to. Apple have done well to market themselves as the easy stress-free solution, it plays on our most basic instincts.

Has more to do with in group, out group. But sure

Has more to do with in group, out group. But sure

I suppose that depends on age. the social clique/group thing is mostly a teenage phase.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I suppose that depends on age. the social clique/group thing is mostly a teenage phase.

LOL! Yes, because only teenagers are racist LOL. People stick with a brand so as to be able to join a group.

People stick with a brand so as to be able to join a group.

that's horribly inaccurate in a majority of brand preferences. 

that's horribly inaccurate in a majority of brand preferences.

Product purchase does not equal brand purchase. If you buy something because of the brand, you're paying to join a group. Literally thousands of dissertations on this.

Product purchase does not equal brand purchase. If you buy something because of the brand, you're paying to join a group. Literally thousands of dissertations on this.

How do you determine if they are buying it for the brand or the product? If you look at my sig you will see a lot of different brands. Which ones were bought for the brand and which ones were bought for the product?

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

How do you determine if they are buying it for the brand or the product? If you look at my sig you will see a lot of different brands. Which ones were bought for the brand and which ones were bought for the product?

That's easy and this holds true for any purchase. Do you buy an Iphone because that's what your friends have, or do you buy one because you researched the best phone that fits your needs in a given price range. Sounds overly simplistic but it really is. I have a lot of Corsair products, not because I went looking to buy Corsair but because that's what was the best in my budget. Well, my PSU is because it was on sale.

EDIT# The onle purchase I made because that's what I was told to buy was my CPU, and that bit me in the ass because the ONE ****ing game I built my PC to play requires one step better, on the Intel side. If I had gone AMD I'b be fine... Never again.

Macs are good. But this IPhone Hype is ridiculous. Main Factory in China has 10 suicides a Month.

Do you realize that the population-to-suicide ratio of Foxconn is below the Chinese, American, and world average?  

Your hate campaign is pointless. 

People kill themselves all the time. Some of them happen to work at Foxconn. 

'Tis no cult. 'Tis merely a powerful brand which attracts senseless sheeple.

Well said sir.

That's easy and this holds true for any purchase. Do you buy an Iphone because that's what your friends have, or do you buy one because you researched the best phone that fits your needs in a given price range. Sounds overly simplistic but it really is. I have a lot of Corsair products, not because I went looking to buy Corsair but because that's what was the best in my budget. Well, my PSU is because it was on sale.

EDIT# The onle purchase I made because that's what I was told to buy was my CPU, and that bit me in the ass because the ONE ****ing game I built my PC to play requires one step better, on the Intel side. If I had gone AMD I'b be fine... Never again.

You have to ask me questions. You can't ask everyone why they bought the product. So no, without asking they can not determine the reason someone bought the product. So I call bull on those hundreds or thousands of dissertations. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)