Billions in Change (5 hr energy billionaire doing good)

CoffeeBlack

Minoj Bhargava, the man behind five hour energy shots, is doing great things with his fortune.

On the October 4th, a youtube channel called Billions in Change published a video on Youtube. This is a video about the efforts of Minoj and his team of incredible thinkers developing new technologies to try to tackle some of the world's largest issues. A couple of examples: A stationary bike that, if pedaled for one hour, will provide power for a house for 24 hours. "The Rain Maker," a device that takes salt water and turns it into drinkable water at a rate of 1,000 gallons an hour.

Video Description:

The world is facing some huge problems. There’s a lot of talk about how to solve them. But talk doesn’t reduce pollution, or grow food, or heal the sick. That takes doing. This film is the story about a group of doers, the elegantly simple inventions they have made to change the lives of billions of people, and the unconventional billionaire spearheading the project. 

I think that it's amazing what Minoj is doing and genuinely believe that he and his team are making great strides to help people in all corners of the globe with their inventions. I'm going to post the trailer and the official video so you can see what it's all about before your decide to watch the 45 minute film. (It's seriously worth your time.)

Edit: My source is the video. Also, here is their website where you can subscribe to updates and read more about the project.

OP, I'm just curious: do you take your coffee black?

Off topic kinda BUT

Over the summer I went to Israel for a short time and I asked them for a coffee and they literally gave me the blackest coffee Ive ever had in my life. They have their coffee so dark and so strong its basically like beans and water and youre good to go LMAO

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It's from my favorite Will Ferrell movie, "Semi-Pro." It's the guy in my avatar photo.

I feel like we should solve the problems of complete and totally rampant government corruption before worrying about salt water into regular water, and energy generation.

Maybe spend those billions on a campaign exposing the bullshit in politics.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

continuing off topic

Off topic kinda BUT

Over the summer I went to Israel for a short time and I asked them for a coffee and they literally gave me the blackest coffee Ive ever had in my life. They have their coffee so dark and so strong its basically like beans and water and youre good to go LMAO

it's not just israel, it pretty much similar though southern europe as well. there is a reason why the standard size for coffee in italy is 1dl ~ 3.3 oz, cause it is espresso and not americano coffee that is 1 part espresso and 3 part hot water, and making the coffee is different.

portions are 4 time less but also 4 times as strong

I feel like we should solve the problems of complete and totally rampant government corruption before worrying about salt water into regular water, and energy generation.

most of the worlds problems could be solved if countries stopped having pissing contests with each other (eg russia and X) (china and X) (israel and X) (America and X), all it take is for us to start to decide on unilateral laws and rules that apply to all countries, eg start with simple things like lets make murder a crime decide the definition of murder (or varying definitions) and have the law apply to all countries in the same way, obvisouly getting equal rights laws or anti anti gay laws will take time but if we can very slowly replace all the different systems with one and essetially remove the barriers between countries we will find alot of people who live there dont actually want a war.

Also its nice to see a rich person who got rich but didnt lose there morales or care for other people, alot of rich people (especially the inheritors) seem to believe that they are special and deserving and that the poor people are not deserving.

Pedal for an hour have electricity for 24 hours? Magic. What will it power for that long, a phone?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Pedal for an hour have electricity for 24 hours? Magic. What will it power for that long, a phone?

It says in the OP it would power a house, so I would hazard a guess at a low power fridge freezer, television and at least 3 or 4 other wall sockets. Or like you say, just a phone, but hell, even if it can provide enough power for just one phone, that's a communication device, a GPS, entertainment device and even basic health monitoring in some cases, so way more than enough for emergencies.

Still, for you and me it simply wouldn't be enough, but for places like countries in Africa, and for the poor in India? It would be enough to give them greater social mobility and enable them to have basic electricity, even if we can't see the utility, it doesn't mean it doesn't have any use at all, and that's not even considering disaster hit areas, get a couple of these and you could power a basic hospital or get phone lines back online for relief coordination.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

I don't see anything wrong with philanthropists taking care of major world issues so the dumbasses in office have less to worry about.

And you know, as well as I do, that a campaign exposing politicians wouldn't accomplish anything. Most people already know that politicians are scumbags. And one campaign isn't going to change politician's behavior after millenia of being scumbags.

Off topic kinda BUT

Ahhh just the way I like my slaves! (just sarcasm, meant to be funny to the ones that like dark humor -"dark" lol did it again- not racist :D )

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Political corruption? Where?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Political corruption? Where?

...................................................................................really?

Seriously, REALLY? You REALLY need to ask me that?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs