Need For Speed Closed Beta, Videos posted online show extent of customization and gameplay

XTankSlayerX

21772484900_ff54f27e8d_b.jpg​Photo Credit: Bryuz Gamer

Another Closed Beta, another string of videos posted online by people who didn't read the NDA, another chance to see how good a game is in its current state and see if its worth your money...

The NFS beta hit current gen consoles a few days ago and people have been enjoying it.

From what i've seen the Beta includes a decently sized map (More than likely not the final size) that spans across a coast with a very mountain island... Perfect for getting those mad drifts you've been wanting, if drifting isn't your cup of tea there are other more open areas like an industrial area and a port area, all connected by stretches of highway. It's also filled with side streets and dirt roads.

Customization to vehicles runs deep. Really, really deep. While EA has already detailed this it's quite nice to see how extensive this is in practice.

A quote from EA's blog post on Sept. 27th 2015

Wheels

Every good ride needs an awesome set of wheels and in Need for Speed you’ve got plenty of options available to you. Customise all four equally or create individual setups at the front and rear? The choice is yours.

Select your tires, choose your calipers and freshen up with some brand new brake discs – the depth of choice here will let you create almost anything you want. Once your wheels are ready to hit the road there’s one final item to apply: the rims.

With a variety of rims at your disposal you'll never be short of options but you're going to want to ensure they match the rest of your ride's design. Painting your rims comes in two parts; primary and secondary, and both have the full suite of paint options available. We’ll be going into more detail about in the coming days so be sure to keep your eye out for that.

Rim size completes your look, from the smallest 14 inches to the largest 22 inches, find that perfect finishing touch. The end result is a set of wheels that ooze personality. Symmetrical beauty or something more radical, which will you go for?

Front of the Car

One of the first things you’ll notice when tackling the front of your car is the ability to modify yourstance. Whether you are changing the ride height by slamming it to the ground, raising it up, or anything in between, you choose your perfect ride height.  Throw in options for rake and both front and rear track width, and you’re on your way to creating something truly unique.

Suspension tuning is finished up with your camber. With the angle on both the front and rear wheels being set independently you’ve got the ability to create some truly out of this world looking cars.

Moving onto the body work and chances are you’re now quietly muttering the words ‘carbon fiber’ under your breath, so what better place to begin? Your hood is fully customisable and yes, expect plenty of carbon fiber.

A great hood is going to need to be accompanied by an equally as impressive bumper, and what’s a bumper without a set of canards? Apply some additional style to your bumpers as the front of your car starts to take shape.

Not happy with your stock headlights? Swap them out for some more fitting for your ride before heading down to the splitter and turning your awesome looking car into an aggressive monster of automotive machinery.

We’ve already talked about wheels so you’re going to want to pay attention to your fenders. Individually selected at the front and rear, they’ll ensure you can get a really unique look, and let’s be honest, your wheels deserve it.

Finish it all off with the windscreen. Remove the tint entirely, go for the pitch black look or find that sweet spot in between. Not to be outdone by their larger cousin, the wing mirrors can also be customised, giving you the ability to change their appearance completely. It’s the little touches that go a long way to creating an awesome looking motor, and wing mirrors are just one of these minor details that often get overlooked but are so important to making your ride your own.

Rear of the Car

Give everyone you leave behind something to look at by working on the rear of your car, and it would be almost criminal not to start with the spoiler. Whether you’re a fan of the subtle lip look or the monster wing, there’s something for everyone’s tastes. Oh, and if you’re that way inclined you can double stack some of the spoilers. You know what they say, two is better than one!

Now would be a good time to change up your sound system before swapping out the stock trunk for something that fits the overall design for the car.

It would be easy to have the rear of your car mirror the front, but this is Need for Speed we’re talking about! Bumper, fenders and canards can all be changed independently from their front-facing counterparts, but even with those looking exactly how you want there’s still more to do.

Not content with the way your car is sounding? Swapping out the exhaust for another is a quick and easy way to ensure it’s hitting all the right notes as you cruise around the nocturnal streets of Ventura Bay. Having attached your new exhaust you’ll want to fit the diffuser of your choice before finalizing the rear with a new set of taillights.

The last thing left to do is to modify your licence plate, before you stand back and admire the beauty now sat in your garage. What was once just a vision in your mind is now your personal fully-modded ride, ready to take Ventura Bay by storm.

Bodykit

Bodykits are comprised of a selection of pre-set modifications, from bumpers and side skirts to spoilers and much more! Not only do these kits look absolutely stunning, but because all the parts complement each other they are a great way to get your car looking awesome within seconds. Perfect for those that want a ready-made solution to their car customisation from some of the leading names in the aftermarket industry such as Rocket Bunny and Liberty Walk.

Along side the visial mods you can customize just about everything performance wise. You will feel and hear the changes that you make according to a YT comment.  

It looks great so far. But it seems many of us won't be getting a taste of it this year since the PC Version got pushed back to Spring 2016. 

What do you think? Have you seen any posted footage? Do you think this is going to be a worthy successor to NFSUG2 (Don't forget to take off your nostalgia goggles)? Are you going to buy a console for just this game?

A few videos (Hopefully posting these here is fine,  These are my sources)

Goes over a few fan asked questions 

Some raw gameplay with Spanish voice over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4uGo5dGTx8

Russian(?) Voice over, goes through some pictures of gameplay and shows off the map

http://www.needforspeed.com/en_GB/news/cust-visual

GIVE

ME

IT

NOW

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Screw racing, I'm going to play this as customization simulator. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I have keys for the xbox one and ps4 if anyone wants them.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Finally, this is both the racing game we want and the racing game we deserve, so long as there's no micro-transactions and you've done good EA, that's high praise coming from someone who demands an NFSU2 remake.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

GIVE

ME

IT

NOW

Took the words out of my mouth!

Only  5 more months or something... *Sigh*

At least they care.

As am I.

As someone who wants to be a mechanic and a Graphic designer (Interesting combo, yeah) It seems like this would be a nice way to figure out colors, rims, body kits, spoilers, and other things before making a solid choice.

Finally, this is both the racing game we want and the racing game we deserve, so long as there's no micro-transactions and you've done good EA, that's high praise coming from someone who demands an NFSU2 remake.

It's been confirmed that there wont be any Micro-Transactions. EA has thankfully stepped away from that hole of nope.

I hope this turns out well, I can't wait.

Took the words out of my mouth!

Only  5 more months or something... *Sigh*

At least they care.

As am I.

As someone who wants to be a mechanic and a Graphic designer (Interesting combo, yeah) It seems like this would be a nice way to figure out colors, rims, body kits, spoilers, and other things before making a solid choice.

It's been confirmed that there wont be any Micro-Transactions. EA has thankfully stepped away from that hole of nope.

I hope this turns out well, I can't wait.

Allow me to just go and order a racing wheel ready for release (next year?) because this has got to be good.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I have keys for the xbox one and ps4 if anyone wants them.

I'll happily take an Xbox key if you're being serious... hahaha :)

Anyway yeah, these guys are playing with some serious fire by posting these videos. One of these guys has 60K subs...

Edit - NVM, seems like the 60K guy is posting trailer footage unless i'm mistaken, but as for the others...

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Allow me to just go and order a racing wheel ready for release (next year?) because this has got to be good.

Ahhh... Well... About that. A few months ago they said that there would be no wheel support.

BUUUUUUUTT you never know, a lot of people do want wheel support. So that may be added in as a PC Feature. And either way, you could technically emulate a controller with a wheel...

Its too early to be mad, things can change, and probably will

If someone has a pc beat code i will buy it off you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will literally cry if i got a pc beta code

There is no Beta on PC, as i stated in my post above there;s only beta codes out for Current Gen Consoles. 

Ahhh... Well... About that. A few months ago they said that there would be no wheel support.

BUUUUUUUTT you never know, a lot of people do want wheel support. So that may be added in as a PC Feature. And either way, you could technically emulate a controller with a wheel...

There is no Beta on PC, as i stated in my post above there;s only beta codes out for Current Gen Consoles. 

There will be mods to support one, I have no doubts. A PS4 controller will suffice until then.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fair enough.So no beta planned for pc?

Fair enough.So no beta planned for pc?

No plans have been announced as of yet.

Although there is more than likely going to be one.

Don't forget to join Origin's Game Tester Program!

looks awesome thanks for the thread.

Been waiting for this game since foreverrrrrr. lol

damn!! those graphics are  photo real.   Please Rockstar replace your rage engine to frosbyte and release the next gta with that kind of graphics.

Same, I've also played Sims 3 as a construction simulator :D 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I spent quite a number of hours on this beta. Despite some bugs (common in a beta), generally I find it good, especially graphics, but quite boring that the entire thing only happens at night, a.k.a no day/night cycle. Customization is excellent, so much stuff to do yet not so difficult to be involved in. I might be the one who suck at it but drifting is awful. Counter steering after turning into drift seemed impossible. Spent quite a lot of time customizing and tuning but nothing worked. Hope the end product turns out a lot better, especially in terms of the driving physics. 

I got into the PS4 beta. I haven't played much, just two races then I "paused" it to go do something and when I came back I was coming last in the race. I haven't touched it since :/

I got into the PS4 beta. I haven't played much, just two races then I "paused" it to go do something and when I came back I was coming last in the race. I haven't touched it since :/

oh yeah i hate that as well. there's no pausing the game. I was racking up fine for one of the outlaw missions. Got rekt a.k.a busted by cops simply because my controller was disconnected because it was out of juice and the game simply didn't pause. Super annoying.