So this japanese streamer burned down his house while live streaming

MetalDevil

It's called panic. When there is a fire in your small apartment you don't always stop and think about the optimal way of handling the situation.

Not really tech news. Sad to see it happen though.

I, and everybody else I know, learned how to put out/prevent small fires in Elementary school....

The first mistake he made was putting a burning match into a trash bag... There's no reason that mistake should have been made.

Second, it should be common knowledge that oxygen fuels fire so "beating" the fire will only make it stronger. He should have simply covered it and the oxygen would've burned up and fire would go out.

Point being, with basic education in how fire works this situation was 100% preventable. Maybe Japanese culture is different and they aren't taught what to do in case of fire, I don't know.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Moved to Off Topic. This isn't even Tech News at all. Yes, it has to do with a streamer doing something while on stream, but burning down something is NOT tech news.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Kids this is why you don't play with matches

No this is why you never smoke and it seems like he did it on purpose maybe insurance?idk...

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

he threw plastic and cardboard on it to try and snuff it then fanned it with more cardboard lol

He literally fueled and then fanned the flames.  He could have just taken that blanket and soaked it in water.

oh so this is why a youtuber shibatar showed up in my youtube feed screaming about matches and smoking.

the baby voice is is a text to speech thing and is probably the person in chat with him

I understand the fact that he was panicking, but if that was me I'm sure I would try to rationalise and not hit the thing with a flammable object.

Not trying to insult him in any way, I feel pretty bad. It's so sad that something as simple as lighting a match sparked such an inferno.

I, and everybody else I know, learned how to put out/prevent small fires in Elementary school....

The first mistake he made was putting a burning match into a trash bag... There's no reason that mistake should have been made.

Second, it should be common knowledge that oxygen fuels fire so "beating" the fire will only make it stronger. He should have simply covered it and the oxygen would've burned up and fire would go out.

Point being, with basic education in how fire works this situation was 100% preventable. Maybe Japanese culture is different and they aren't taught what to do in case of fire, I don't know.

When you panic you don't really stop and think about which object is best to hit it with.

I had a friend whose hand started burning when he was in his garage. He just grabbed the thing closest to him and tried to kill the fire with it. Sadly, the thing that was closest to him was a gasoline covered rag so it only made the fire worse. (He survived but he second and third degree burn damage on his hand and arm).

I think we can all agree that what the streamer did was stupid, but what I am trying to say is that in some situations you just blank out. It doesn't matter how much you know when you're sitting comfortably in your chair with lots of time to think.

It happens a lot with people who take self defense courses as well. They might be really good under controlled conditions, but as soon as they get a bit of pressure they forgot everything and just resort to flailing their arms. Same with people who drown. Instead of calming down and letting their bodies float they panic and start flailing around, exhausting themselves and then sinking down.

From what I can tell in the video, he had 2 fires going. Both the match and the matchbox catches fire. He throws the match into a bag of garbage while taking care of the flaming matchbox that he throw on the ground to the right of the screen (because it burnt his hand). He puts the fire on the right out with water, and then the computer alerts him that there is a fire behind him too. He turns around but he is out of water from putting the other fire out. He grabs the bag and is about to run away with it, but the bag breaks and the fire falls out on the floor.

He panics and tries hitting the fire with the cardboard. It only makes it worse so he runs away to get water but during that time the fire gets much much bigger. After that he panics even more.

I really doubt he did it on purpose like some people say, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had basic training to handle fire. He handled the situation very poorly but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people would handle it just as poorly. Even if you think you would have done it better, you will never know how you react under very pressure until it happens.

The way he started the fire was just about the dumbest thing I have ever seen. How can you light a matchbox on fire by striking a match?

Still, what shocked me a bit is just how fast the fire spread. While I was watching, the moment he dropped that burning trash can/bag I thought to myself.. If I was in his situation I'd get my shoes and stomp the fire out.

Toaster Steve. Asian Edition

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

He had plenty of time put put off that fire, why did he let it get to that?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Aftermath

Correction: Different fire which happen on the same day.

post-145129-0-24558100-1444013049.jpg

post-145129-0-12160200-1444013067.jpg

post-145129-0-97932400-1444013053.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vzzgBKCGtk

source

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

and this is why people should 1) not play with fire indoors. 2) have fire extinguisher near you if you are messing around with fire.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

ROFL!

tumblr_nejo83MhOo1tp80nvo1_500.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

ROFL!

kRQnOdQ_700w_0.jpg

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

What is this baby voice?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

But whyyyyy

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's called panic. When there is a fire in your small apartment you don't always stop and think about the optimal way of handling the situation.

Not really tech news. Sad to see it happen though.

Gladly I'm not one of those who panic.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

ROFL!

BZ0ROnT.jpg

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Anyone have the original NicoNico video of this?  Or was it not streamed there?

Sorry, but this Dude is way beyond retarded. I hope no one was hurt because of this Idiot.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO