Shooting at Umpqua Community College

ObeseWalrus

15 students dead and 20 injured. The suspect has been killed.

Source

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34419802

EDIT: This is not the place to get a gun discussion going, please respect the dead, injured and their relatives.

Edited by ObeseWalrus

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

@ because I know you live in Oregon.

That's terrible. Hope we will get more info soon.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

@ don't you live in Oregon? Is this anywhere near you?

I really hope the death count doesn't go up further. 10 people is a lot.

Also, inb4 gun debate.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

@ because I know you live in Oregon.

That's terrible. Hope we will get more info soon.

It really says something about the American mental health system when people can go so far unnoticed

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Oh God... my prayers go with the victims and their families.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Wow I've been there...

Processor-Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz , Motherboard- Gigabyte - X299 AORUS Gaming 7, RAM- G.Skill - TridentZ RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-4000 Memory, GPU-Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme,  Case- Phanteks - Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Storage- Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, Toshiba 4TB (PH3400U) , PSU- SeaSonic 1200W Platinum, Cooling- NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2, Sound-Sennheiser - HD 598SE, SURE - SM7B, OS- Windows 10 Pro.

Apparently there are 10 deaths, 20 wounded.
The college consists of about 3000 people and the average age apparently was 38.

It really says something about the American mental health system when people can go so far unnoticed

you can't always blame it on a person's mental health or even the doctors or psychiatrist persons or whatever. people are really good at hiding their true feelings

The shooter also supposedly was captured. (alive I think)

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

-snip-

It's inevitable. Someone will make an ignorant and asinine comment, and boom you're off.

-snip-

^like this one. Jumping to conclusions even though we've had no official confirmation of what kind of gun was used.

Edit: They are now saying the shooter was killed.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

:( <3

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

@BurgerBum you're an Oregonian right? What's your thoughts?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Edit: They are now saying the shooter was killed.

I heard on the news (CNN TV) the shooter was captured (but alive)

-snip-

-snip-

Hurr durr look at me I know how to solve all the world's problems.

Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Death is a very real thing and something you should be sensitive to.

Don't you find the multiple news outlets immediately trying to contact the survivors for a story utterly disgusting? How about the shooter themselves above all - isn't that person a fucking scumbag?

We argue about a lot of stupid shit on this forum, but every single time this type of issue is posted here I am always staring in disbelief that there's people on this forum being negligent of someone's life being taken and would rather make ignorant comments about the event.

I heard on the news (CNN TV) the shooter was captured (but alive)

USAtoday is saying that the shooter was killed.

Hurr durr look at me I know how to solve all the world's problems.

Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Death is a very real thing and something you should be sensitive to.

Don't you find the multiple news outlets immediately trying to contact the survivors for a story utterly disgusting? How about the shooter themselves above all - isn't that person a fucking scumbag?

We argue about a lot of stupid shit on this forum, but every single time this type of issue is posted here I am always staring in disbelief that there's people on this forum being negligent of someone's life being taken and would rather make ignorant comments about the event.

I have to wonder what will be said about supposed motive(s) for the shooting.

Douglas County Commissioner Chris Boice told CNN that the shooter is in custody.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/oregon-college-shooting/index.html

Looks like bloodvalley was also killed temporarily, I was about to quote him and answer to him and I got the magic message, you don't have permission to do this. 

Edit: He got banned from this thread? Cause he just posted another thread yet his replies got deleted. 

My thoughts go out to all those affected. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I have to wonder what will be said about supposed motive(s) for the shooting.

Will probably be the fault of those evil video games

Either way. My condolences to those affected by this.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

:(

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I hope so. I hope they beat his ass in the cell at night.

Looks like bloodvalley was also killed temporarily, I was about to quote him and answer to him and I got the magic message, you don't have permission to do this. 

For the best. A number of my posts were deleted as well.

Again, I react with back-seat moderating when I should have just reported the inflammatory post and moved on. My apologies to whatever good moderator had to clean up.

I hope so. I hope they beat his ass in the cell at night.

For the best. A number of my posts were deleted as well.

Again, I react with back-seat moderating when I should have just reported the inflammatory post and moved on. My apologies to whatever good moderator had to clean up.

I must've missed the bad stuff. I only saw what I replied to.

Good thing too because I'm too on edge lately.

I must've missed the bad stuff. I only saw what I replied to.

Good thing too because I'm too on edge lately.

Understandable. Just about everyone is these days.