Somone bought Google.com

jos

Sanmay Ved was the lucky buyer of Google.com, if only for a minute.  he was up late and searching Google Domains, Google's website buying service, when he noticed Google.com was available. The cost to buy the most-trafficked domain in the world? Only $12. surprisingly, the transaction went through.

Instead of receiving the normal "you bought a domain" emails from the company, his Google Search Console dashboard, which has an overview of his other websites, was updated with messages for the Google.com domain owner. He also received emails with internal information

"The scary part was I had access to the webmaster controls for a minute," Ved said. He frantically took screenshots along the way and detailed the whole ordeal in a LinkedIn post.

"I can't shake that feeling that I actually owned Google.com," Ved said.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVUAAAAJGJmMjNlOTM3LTQwN2It
He purchased it.. google should have let him have it....Imagine google paying to get it back...

If only he got to keep it lol

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

His first mistake was registering google.com through Google. One way he'd have kept it for a slight bit longer.

thats amazing haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Even if the listing was a mistake, Google should have had to buy it back.

They were allowed to void the purchase because they own the domain service he bought it through.

i would have held google.com hostage for a buy back, maybe even messed with the code.

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

i would have held google.com hostage for a buy back, maybe even messed with the code.

Lol,Become And Instant Billionare

Isn't that Google's OWN domain system? As in separate from the open DNS system we have for everything else? You know you could make your OWN Domain system too, its just redirection. Google really seems to be chiseling out for itself its own little internet fiefdom. Good luck.

He Deserves Money For Finding That,And Not Doing Anything When He Had The Opportunity To Do Something

Image if that went through and this was legit.

"HELLO I SELLING GOOGLE FOR 65550450000 RUPEEEEE" :D

I would settle, for the price of Google funding me to create my own online IT college, giving me complete and total creative control.

He Deserves Money For Finding That,And Not Doing Anything When He Had The Opportunity To Do Something

For the love of god, stop capitalizing every single word. It makes you look like a 5 year old.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Imagine telling to your grand-kids, "I owned Google for a minute".

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

To have your hopes and dreams be crushed so easily by Google.  :(

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I would have had it redirect to bing.com

Just to piss a bunch of people off for 5 minutes and get death threats 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'd have probably sold it for a large enough sum to never have to work again. If any threats of legal action were taken, I'd point out it was a sale and that goof was on their end. 

Why couldnt he keep it tho?

Because GOOGLE said so?

Then the whole system loses its entire value if its not consistent 100% of the time.

For the love of god, stop capitalizing every single word. It makes you look like a 5 year old.

That's why I love the "ignore" function, Trik.  Try it sometime, makes the forum a whole lot more pleasant to browse. ;)

I wish I got paid every time I had the opportunity to do something and did nothing.