Is Star Citizen Going to Crash and Burn?!

Oh sure let's take the most complex game attempted TO DATE, have it start from a very small team, have it be crowdfunded and then complain why it takes so long.

Are you people daft? Has no one read what SC is doing with all the features the players financed?

Do you people have any idea how hard it is to make a progressive random generated UNIVERSE and have it be alive? And PUT THE MOST COMPLEX SPACE SIM ON TOP OF IT?

You people wouldn't last a month in a game studio.

few things to point out, yes TOS get changed over time - what you should look at, seriously take a look, is what got changed; then ask yourself why is that

2nd thing: the executive producer walked out; Alex Mayberry left for "personal reasons"

and you're still telling me there's absolutely nothing wrong over there?! COME ON!

few things to point out, yes TOS get changed over time - what you should look at, seriously take a look, is what got changed; then ask yourself why is that

2nd thing: the executive producer walked out; Alex Mayberry left for "personal reasons"

and you're still telling me there's absolutely nothing wrong over there?! COME ON!

what do you want? a riot?

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

what do you want? a riot?

No. he wants attention and an echo chamber.

Alex was the executive producer. He left ~3 months ago for reasons that are none of our business to speculate about. This month he started up his own consultation business. Erin Roberts took over the position and reorganized some of the staff last week, removing positions from some locations and adding more to others.

That's literally all that's happened.

Yes they modified the ToS. A ToS evolves with the company and the game being produced. Dates have been set back so they changed the ToS to reflect that. Better put on my tin foil.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Yes they modified the ToS. A ToS evolves with the company

evolves?! you can pushing the launch dates "evolving"!?

oh man, I'm so grad I didn't fell for this crowdfunding crap, it's even worse than pre-ordering

that game is dead already only stupids put any more money into it, it should have been released by now, they are just milking stupids that believe in kickstarters

Isn't Derek Smart the guy who got really jealous, and angry when His game didn't get off the ground, but Star Citizen did? From Wikipedia:

Yes the moment I seen his name I just gave up on the article. No one should be listening to him.

He is just a very angry man who is jealous because Star Citizen is attempting to be the game he always wanted to make but was just too crappy to do so.

As for Star citizen I have no idea if it will crash and burn. I've gotten to the point where I stopped caring, I donated money to it a long time ago. If it comes out and is in enjoyable great. If it is a flop well I had that money to throw away anyway. Either way I've learnt not to donate money to a promise of a video game without tangible evidence this company will succeed in delivering.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

evolves?! you can pushing the launch dates "evolving"!?

oh man, I'm so grad I didn't fell for this crowdfunding crap, it's even worse than pre-ordering

You are the Derek Smart of this forum. Always making mountains out of molehills.

I don't like crowdfunding and pre-ordering either. And I have not, and do not intend to support this game until it gets to a finished state.

But, Star Citizen has had to "evolve" to suit it's unexpected, and unprecedented budget. People will want to see their 89 million (or whatever it was) put into this game/project, and there's no way the studio could output that level of content on the initially planned time frame. they realized they could do a lot more than  they originally anticipated, and this brings new horizons and new problems. pushing back the release dates (and technically the budget allows them to do this, they can afford to keep the studio in a bugfixing stage for longer than most other studios could). I have little doubt that it will be finished, it's just a matter of when.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

that game is dead already only stupids put any more money into it, it should have been released by now, they are just milking stupids that believe in kickstarters

Care to explain how it is already dead?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Honestly I pulled out of Star Citizen about a month ago and got my money back. Cloud Imperium has failed to meet just about every goal on time. Let me just remind you guys that we were suppose to have a full beta by now, but we're nowhere even close to getting that at all.

Also, @zMeul, that's a very clickbait title. While I'm not satisfied with the way Star Citizen is progressing, it's not crashing burning, at least not yet. It's still something to think about though, because at this rate it could very well happen.

The problem isn't with CIG entirely but also with the engine they chose. The Cryengine just wasn't built for creating an 'openworld' space combat/simulator, as such they've had many problems with development :(

I don't doubt it will be released, in fact I hope it does, but will it live up to what everybody wanted it to be is the question.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Every game wants to be a second-life WOW rpg rip off nowadays, regardless if its a racingSIM or an FPS...

LOL, like im giving away money to then have a second job during my free time...  all these "modern" games can go suck stacks of dicks for all i care.

I`ll stick to my last gen arcade-like games which can be played fully right after the menu screen and deliver pure mindless fun.

Anyone who honestly believes that Star Citizen will fail, is an idiot. Just because they've failed to meet their deadlines, doesn't mean the game will flop.

What are you talking about, didn't you see how badly GTA 5 failed?

/s

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I've put around 100 euros into this game so far... over a year ago. After the arena commander came out i played it quite a few times because i was able to hit something. After a few updates however they changed the aiming and flying so much that i was unable to hit ANYTHING. Well maybe a shot here or there but i was unable to kill any enemies after flying around and shooting at everything for 20 to 30 minutes. Then i just quit and didn't touch it again for months at a time. I would try again every now and then but it's remained the same so far. The aiming with the ships is just completely impossible for me.

So i to have stopped caring about this game. But i still hope it will be finished and released as they want it to be. I never care about games being delayed and release dates moved. It only means the game will be better. Because if they don't move a release date you only have to look at arkham knight to know what happens... So as long as they have the money to keep everyone working and still be able to finish and release the game i don't care how many times they move up the release data. They are after all, doing something that has NEVER been done before in gaming. Mixing together several different genres into 1 game. Well they're basically building a universe you can actually live in.... sort of...

I have no signature

You are the Derek Smart of this forum. Always making mountains out of molehills.

I'm not the derek smart of anything

when you can't combat my arguments and start getting personal, then YOU become irrelevant

What are you talking about, didn't you see how badly GTA 5 failed?

/s

Well, in a way it did. Personally I can't stand the online play. Can never find any decent people for heists, everyone gives up after one fail, and good luck trying to find any races.

Storymode was fun though. Just not long enough.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i backed this game a long while back

u are getting something that is unlike anything ever made

i would gladly wait to 2017

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It's full of promises and big words like the early access games and if this game were to be as good as it is hyped to beit would have to be one of the best games of all time which I doubt will happen

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I've put around 100 euros into this game so far... over a year ago. After the arena commander came out i played it quite a few times because i was able to hit something. After a few updates however they changed the aiming and flying so much that i was unable to hit ANYTHING. Well maybe a shot here or there but i was unable to kill any enemies after flying around and shooting at everything for 20 to 30 minutes. Then i just quit and didn't touch it again for months at a time. I would try again every now and then but it's remained the same so far. The aiming with the ships is just completely impossible for me.

So i to have stopped caring about this game. But i still hope it will be finished and released as they want it to be. I never care about games being delayed and release dates moved. It only means the game will be better. Because if they don't move a release date you only have to look at arkham knight to know what happens... So as long as they have the money to keep everyone working and still be able to finish and release the game i don't care how many times they move up the release data. They are after all, doing something that has NEVER been done before in gaming. Mixing together several different genres into 1 game. Well they're basically building a universe you can actually live in.... sort of...

I find the entire flying thing to have absolute horrendous controls. I can't fly the damn thing with a mouse and keyboard. It uses like 13 buttons easily. Over complicated for no reason and the mouse is all over the place. In the racing sim going on in an atmosphere, the space craft does not act like there is any wind resistance, so it moves and flies all over the place like in space. It's really dumb. I doubt they will fix it though.

I'm not the derek smart of anything

when you can't combat my arguments and start getting personal, then YOU become irrelevant

You left out the entire second part of his post where he does exactly that: Argues why it's not a failure and the reason for the postponed release date. They are adding to the game and building on features it ws not supposed to have, making the game bigger and better. Hardly makes the game dead.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I find the entire flying thing to have absolute horrendous controls. I can't fly the damn thing with a mouse and keyboard. It uses like 13 buttons easily. Over complicated for no reason and the mouse is all over the place. In the racing sim going on in an atmosphere, the space craft does not act like there is any wind resistance, so it moves and flies all over the place like in space. It's really dumb. I doubt they will fix it though.

You left out the entire second part of his post where he does exactly that: Argues why it's not a failure and the reason for the postponed release date. They are adding to the game and building on features it ws not supposed to have, making the game bigger and better. Hardly makes the game dead.

Elite Dangerous is just as much a pain in the ass to try and play with a keyboard and mouse. At least it was the last time I played. If I remember correctly, both games are focusing on people using JoySticks.

Can you change any control settings in Star Citizen as it stands?

I can fly perfectly fine with MKB. It takes some getting use to, but I can't really remember a point when I wasn't able to fly properly. You can easily fly with WASD + mouse (it's the easiest control method in the game) so I'm not sure where you're getting the "13 buttons" from. In general flying I use WASD + QE (strafe) + Mouse buttons (shooting) + Shift (boost). It's almost exactly the same number of controls as any FPS.

Elite Dangerous is just as much a pain in the ass to try and play with a keyboard and mouse. At least it was the last time I played. If I remember correctly, both games are focusing on people using JoySticks.

Can you change any control settings in Star Citizen as it stands?

All keybindings are editable. 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I've found it quite natural (with some edits; mouse controlling pitch and yaw, with rolling handled on Q and E. lateral thrust on WASD, and vertical thrust on R and F)

I've found it quite natural (with some edits; mouse controlling pitch and yaw, with rolling handled on Q and E. lateral thrust on WASD, and vertical thrust on R and F)

Which one, SC or Elite Dangerous?

Which one, SC or Elite Dangerous?

Elite, but I suspect you could apply the same to SC (I mean with those controls it's basically an FPS with free vertical movement)