Who else has ADD or ADHD?

Trik'Stari

So, I was talking to some people on the Tek Syndicate forums about what it's like to have ADD or ADHD. I was diagnosed with ADHD at an early age,then as I got older I was "re-diagnosed" with ADD. Despite this, I still don't know how to adequately describe how it feels to people who don't have it.

Go nuts if you want. If you have it, let out a pure stream of consciousness, If you don't feel free to ask about it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So, I was talking to some people on the Tek Syndicate forums about what it's like to have ADD or ADHD. I was diagnosed with ADHD at an early age,then as I got older I was "re-diagnosed" with ADD. Despite this, I still don't know how to adequately describe how it feels to people who don't have it.

Go nuts if you want. If you have it, let out a pure stream of consciousness, If you don't feel free to ask about it.

me me me me me me

I do not have ADHD or ADD, I have the problem if I am not listing to music/background sound, I can't stop humming or tapping a pencil or something of that nature. Bugs people. But I am good at keeping on task. 

I have ADHD and Ausitm. Basically with ADHD its kinda (for me at least) where you can read a page from a book, and have absolutely no idea what you just read, and I tend to be forgetful in quite a few things. Like a lot. I cannot pay any attention in class, which is one of the reasons I am failing every single one of them.

I do not have ADHD or ADD, I have the problem if I am not listing to music/background sound, I can't stop humming or tapping a pencil or something of that nature. Bugs people. But I am good at keeping on task. 

I do that, along with smoking a cigarette, chewing gum, and thinking about 10 different things at once.....while picking at the dead skin under my fingernails lol

I have ADHD and Ausitm. Basically with ADHD its kinda (for me at least) where you can read a page from a book, and have absolutely no idea what you just read, and I tend to be forgetful in quite a few things. Like a lot. I cannot pay any attention in class, which is one of the reasons I am failing every single one of them.

On any normal day, I can't remember the specifics of a conversation I had 5 minutes ago, unless it was particularly "traumatizing" (meaning that it was emotional enough to stick)

ADHD here, Cant keep track of anything, i forget stuff in a second, wont do homework, cant focus, cant not move (i always bounce my leg when im not focused doing something else)

Yep.

Its not good.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Trans-Autistic

explain this?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

no, but I do get distracted easily.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

where you can read a page from a book, and have absolutely no idea what you just read

Fun fact: In sophomore year of highschool I called it quits with reading since it was too hard for me to stay focused "on this crap" and I didn't get anything out of it(just like quoted above), so I practiced my skimming and bullshitting skills instead. I passed my junior and senior literature classes without reading a single book and came out top 10 of my class, all thanks to skimming and bullshitting.

People who are completely fine mental/physically but act autistic

so douchebags? Why would you act autistic

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

so douchebags?

There's a kid ik who's somewhat a douchebag, and he does have ADD. The thing that i get pissed off from him is his attitude, all the racist jokes that he jokes about, and bitching about other people's lifestyle. 

Basically with ADHD its kinda (for me at least) where you can read a page from a book, and have absolutely no idea what you just read, and I tend to be forgetful in quite a few things. Like a lot. I cannot pay any attention in class

This is a pretty good start.

For me, I can be listening to someone and my mind will take something insignificant that they said and it will run away with it. As I've gotten older, I've been able to catch it and reel it in relatively quickly. This isn't necessarily bad because if you are describing a problem to me, my mind may run off thinking about a possible way to solve it. If you are describing something, it will start building a mental picture of it so that I have something to visualize.

That being said, if I am extremely interested in something then it will be the only thing that I think about. I can easily spend hours grappling with a problem as long is it interests me.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I have not been diagnosed with any mental illness but I do feel for you guys who suffer from them. I understand that it can ruin your life despite it not having any visible afflictions. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

Fun fact: In sophomore year of highschool I called it quits with reading since it was too hard for me to stay focused "on this crap" and I didn't get anything out of it(just like quoted above), so I practiced my skimming and bullshitting skills instead. I passed my junior and senior literature classes without reading a single book and came out top 10 of my class, all thanks to skimming and bullshitting.

I was the exact same way, except for me I just couldn't be bothered to read the absolutely pathetic books we were required to read. I read Lord of The Flies in a week (which took 9 weeks of the class) and later got kicked out of class, multiple times, for reading books that were multiple times the length of Lord of the Flies ((Also more interesting. Lord of the Flies is a shit book)

The books we were assigned just weren't interesting at all. Then again, I was ashamed that we were assigned vocabulary words like "refuge" in 9th and 10th grade.

I am bad to the point to where I literally have no idea what we are even doing. something about a beowulf or something

This pic should help.

addsleep.jpg

I have a mild form of ADD. Meditation, a good diet (no sugars or fast food) + adderall helps a lot. Personally, I think diet is the most important factor followed by meditation > adderall only for the really tough days.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I have two questions for those of us who do have ADHD:

How much caffeine do you consume?
Do you stutter when you speak?