Consoles vs PCs

rohanlp640

Are consoles better or PCs better. I am trying to covince my brother that PCs are better. He says that the graphics of consoles are better and are better than pc in every way.

For what?

Generally you get more value for money with a PC, and you can scale it to fit your particular needs and preferences. But a console can be a nice simple solution for people who don't want to fuss about, and they do have some nice exclusive games from time to time.

Why do people even care about choice of platform just play what you enjoy

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Consoles are great in their own way, like mario party drinking games etc that's something you cant do on a pc or maybe you could but if so it wont have the same feel to it

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

It depends on the person. The PC in some ways is the hot rod of the 21st century. There are guys who would see a divorce lawyer if the wife took the 57 vette to a jiffy-lube and an Exxon car-wash. To others the car doesn't matter as much as the road. Give him a pinto and a mountain road with s-curves galore he will have a BLAST.

I HATE console gaming, but I would not want to play any console gamer in a deathmatch for money. I suspect they game 10 times more and are ten times better then the average PC gamer.

Consoles graphic are NOT superior to PC. At all.

Your brother is wrong on that.

PC are Superior, you can do a lot more with a PC than just play a game or watch netflix. You also get the massive back catalog of games on PC.

Consoles do have certain advantages, like some exclusives, but other than that, a console is NOT better than a PC. (Unless you're talking about a similarly priced PC... A PC is an investment, which will outlast a console)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

When a player can play the their games off of Xbox live and the PSN, then consoles will be an alternative. The same players who claim consoles are an alternative to PCs, are the ones that cry the loudest when cross platform games have specials and sales they can't access, updates that are slow to release, the inability to compete because of graphic settings and peripheral choices, and other benefits enjoyed by PC users. Work customer support, and know.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Get me a PC that can run Gran Turismo 6 or Forza 6.

Nuff said.

Pc is superior graphically on games that are cross platform, but for everything else, a console gives you stuff you can't have on PC such as Tekken. and DOA with sweet bouncing titties.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Get me a PC that can run Gran Turismo 6 or Forza 6.

Nuff said.

Pc is superior graphically on games that are cross platform, but for everything else, a console gives you stuff you can't have on PC such as Tekken. and DOA with sweet bouncing titties.

Uh, get me a console that can run League of Legends. Or Europa Universalis IV. Or Civilization V. Or Pillars of Eternity. Yeah, consoles have some exclusives, but PC has way more exclusives than any console.

Saying a racing game is an exclusive is like saying a Big Mac is an exclusive. It's a burger, not anything worth calling an exclusive. An exclusive has to offer a game experience that you cannot find outside that platform. IMO

-snip-

This is anything but PC forum. This is tech forum. And for my knowledge that includes PCs, integrated systems (iMacs), laptops, other mobile devices, and yes, consoles.

The whole versus thing isn't really worth to discuss before we know in what sense its asked. For gaming? For general use? For entertainment? Imo they both have their place in tech persons home. And anyone who says otherwise, my PM is open.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It all depends on what are you going to do with it, but objectively PC is better.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Monopoly on the kitchen table with the whole family is the best

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Are consoles better or PCs better. I am trying to covince my brother that PCs are better. He says that the graphics of consoles are better and are better than pc in every way.

It really depends on what you define as "better" since really they each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Consoles are for those who just like to sit back and relax on their couch and casually play games, which I don't blame them. PC has better graphics (not counting Tomb Raider: DE) and frame rate, but is hard to get used to from transitioning.

Just don't bother the console players. Please.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Consoles are for those who just like to sit back and relax on their couch and casually play games, which I don't blame them. PC has better graphics (not counting Tomb Raider: DE) and frame rate, but is hard to get used to from transitioning.

Just don't bother the console players. Please.

Not anymore. I can hook up my Rig to the 51" in front of the couch and game on a controller in all that PCMR glory xD. Them when the wife wants the TV back I just switch over to the monitor and my keyboard and mouse.

Exclusives like NHL, Forza, or Gran Turismo are pretty much the reason why consoles are still around. Every thing else is personal preference but if someone argues that the experience on consoles for a game that's on both console and PC (except Arkham Night) is better, they're just trying to make themselves feel good. It's like a ricer trying to convince that their car is fast just because of the number of stickers and sagging body kits they've spent money on.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just like your fridge is designed to do one specific job, consoles are designed to just do one specific job.

Honestly I think that consoles should've died back in 2009 because they're much more of a gimmick compared to a real desktop PC.

Consoles are only useful when you don't usually play games and in this case I assume you would not care about graphics or 30FPS at hardly 1080P.

PC is great for the users who usually or frequent play games and do work.

i have both a ps4 and a pc i love the ps4 simply because when i buy a game i dont have to mess around with anything and i know the game will work, I like my pc though because you have a much bigger game collection and in general graphics are better on pc if you have a decent graphics card i just like playing games i could care less which platform the game is on they both have their pros and cons