GTA V on PC worth it?

emachado99

Hey guys I need help making my mind up.

I've been wanting to buy GTA V for my PC because of the modding, but I'm pretty tight on money right now. Basically, I want your guys opinion if it would be worth it for me, as I'm having a hard time deciding. I own GTA V on the PS4 and love it a lot. Would it be worth to get again? Also how well would it run with my i5 4430 @3.0GHz, GTX 660 and 8GB of RAM?

Also I'd have to buy it on disk, because being in Canada, we have data caps with our ISP's -_-

Thanks guys :)

Definitely worth it

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

If you are okay with avoiding online like the plague, or putting up with the modders online then totally. The 660 is a bit weak for the game though.

Lord of Helium.

Why would you buy the same game again? mods wouldnt justify that for me atleast  :huh:

Why would you buy the same game again? mods wouldnt justify that for me atleast  :huh:

Its the same reason I bought GTA IV for PC lol

Mods look amazing, plus the rockstar editor, etc.

It wouldn't run terribly on your system seeing as you have an i5 and 8GB of memory, but the 660 is a little weak as someone already said. If you really want mods and don't care too much about multiplayer on PC, then I'd say go for it! I have like 250 hours logged on it and it's a blast!

It wouldn't run terribly on your system seeing as you have an i5 and 8GB of memory, but the 660 is a little weak as someone already said. If you really want mods and don't care too much about multiplayer on PC, then I'd say go for it! I have like 250 hours logged on it and it's a blast!

Could probably get 60FPS on medium settings I would get 60FPS with my 660ti with mostly high settings, you probably have to use no AA or FXAA, depending on how you feel about AA> 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Could probably get 60FPS on medium settings I would get 60FPS with my 660ti with mostly high settings, you probably have to use no AA or FXAA, depending on how you feel about AA> 

I have a 960 and can get the game running smooth almost maxed out but I'm limited to 30FPS because my CPU.

If you are okay with avoiding online like the plague, or putting up with the modders online then totally. The 660 is a bit weak for the game though.

They are allowing mods online now? Last I heard they were banning people for that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

They are allowing mods online now? Last I heard they were banning people for that.

People do it anyways, and generally ruin the experience for people.

Lord of Helium.

If you have it on the PS4 already then I wouldn't bother right now if you feel money is tight.

Also I'd have to buy it on disk, because being in Canada, we have data caps with our ISP's -_-

If you can get Teksavvy in your area, you can generally get the same speed and 400GB for less than what your ISP advertise the same connection, with like, 60 to 100GB cap.

If you already own it on PS4, not really worth it. It's the same game. Dunno about you, but I didn't personally feel like it was worth a second playthrough, and just getting it for the better graphics doesn't seems worth it. But hey, that's just me. You might not feel the same about this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I bought GTA V after the hype; after the novelty of it being finally released on PC (allowing people to realise its now years old, which is strange in comparison to plenty of modern franchises) wore off. I get the chance to play here and there, and I can have bits of fun alone for a while in Online, and maybe one day I'll get around to doing the story again, but it's not worth the 60GB it uses. 

Had this been released back with the console versions and had I have bought it then, it would've survived longer - or the novelty would take longer to wear off,

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

100% irrelevant but I see what you did there with your member title xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

100% irrelevant but I see what you did there with your member title xD

I need to be oiled up otherwise I'm never ready :P 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I need to be oiled up otherwise I'm never ready :P

I dunno about you but I always oil my jackson when I'm ready

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you can get Teksavvy in your area, you can generally get the same speed and 400GB for less than what your ISP advertise the same connection, with like, 60 to 100GB cap.

If you already own it on PS4, not really worth it. It's the same game. Dunno about you, but I didn't personally feel like it was worth a second playthrough, and just getting it for the better graphics doesn't seems worth it. But hey, that's just me. You might not feel the same about this.

Yeah I've got a 175GB cap from Cogeco with a 30/10 connection. But in reality I only really get 10-15 down on my PC and 10 up.

I'm not really getting again for a second run through the story, more so for the mods.

Only worth it if you want the best Graphics possible.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

YES IT WILL STEAL YOUR LIFE AND SOUL..

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

660 will power it fine, albiet not at max, a Intel ONBOARD iGPU can run GTA5 with 50fps at a lower resolution.

The 660 is definitely enough to run it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz