Spybot Anti-Beacon-prevents your PC sending data to microsoft

arniks8

I didn`t see this posted here, so I thought I should share this.

Anti-Beacon for Windows 10 - it prevents your PC sending data to microsoft as well as sharing binaries from your PC. 

Safer Networking, the developers of Spybot have released a new tool fro Windows 10, called Spybot Anti-Beacon, that allows Windows 10 users to immunize their computers and changes settings, so that Windows 10 phones home less. Spybot Anti-Beacon is a standalone tool which was designed to block and stop the various tracking (telemetry) issues present in Windows 10. It has since been modified to block similar tracking functionality in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 operating systems.

Concerns have been raised about Windows 10 privacy settings, with users fearing rightly or wrongly that Windows 10 collects a lot of data, which it send home to Microsoft. Seeing that there was currently no good tool which can safely disable tracking in Windows 10, Spybot decided to release this tool.

Once you have downloaded the tool, run the executable file. You will see the following window. Create a system restore point first and then click on Immunize.

This will disable the following:

• Telemetry Hosts

• Telemetry Services

• Consumer Experience Improvements Program

• Application Impact Telemetry

• Steps Recorder

• Wi-Fi Sense

• Apps using advertising ID

• P2P Windows Updates outside local network.

If you wish to reverse the changes, click Undo, or go back to the created system restore point. Anti-Beacon is small, simple to use, and is provided free of charge. It was created to address the privacy concerns of users of Windows 10 who do not wish to have information about their PC usage sent to Microsoft. Simply clicking “Immunize” on the main screen of Anti-Beacon will immediately disable any known tracking features included by Microsoft in the operating system.

There probably are other apps that can do this, but this one seems really solid and it`s free.

Some may say that they don`t care, but for me this is a great app as I have data cap and gives me more control over windows.

Source and download link from Guru3D .

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

Just disable it in your settings

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

no I WANT microsoft to see the sick crap i do on my pc. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This is great, although you technically agreed to a contract saying that you permit to sending this data, so you're breaking the contract. I'll let people test this first. I don't want to be a guinea pig for this.

Well I did disable some stuff, but this is a great tool.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb

And then windows gets an update that goes like "oops, Spybot doesn't seem to be compatible anymore".

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

This is great, although you technically agreed to a contract saying that you permit to sending this data, so you're breaking the contract. I'll let people test this first. I don't want to be a guinea pig for this.

Wait there are people that read the Licences? I test myself to see if I can click agree before I manage to make out a single word out of the gigantic wall of text xD. I might have agreed to have sex with Bill Gates and not even know it. Which is not that bad, actually, I'm sure he'd pay well LOL.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Wait there are people that read the Licences? I test myself to see if I can click agree before I manage to make out a single word out of the gigantic wall of text xD. I might have agreed to have sex with Bill Gates and not even know it. Which is not that bad, actually, I'm sure he'd pay well LOL.

you still agreed to it. It's like signing a form for being shot in the head and then being like "LOL TLDR" and then proceeding to be shot in the head, survive, and then be like "why did that happen"

I think people find out that disabling it 'only displays it as OFF' but not entirely able to block/record/spy on you.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

the only way to guarantee microsoft doesnt get your info is if you block all of their data collecting IPs through a hardware firewall/router that supports ip blocking

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

you still agreed to it. It's like signing a form for being shot in the head and then being like "LOL TLDR" and then proceeding to be shot in the head, survive, and then be like "why did that happen"

reminds me of fallout new vegas

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Tomorrows news: Microsoft pushes new update silently to all users that disables Spyboy Anti-Beacon

windows update is disabled for me ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °).

They won`t find out anyway.

I don't do anything bad on my PC anyways. I do that stuff on my phone lol, but that's probably worse

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

like your collection of Bill Gates nudes?

hentai OCTUPUS HENTAI, SQUID OCTUPUS HENTAI, LINUS SQUID OCTUPUS HENTAI.............................................

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

They won`t find out anyway.

They could realise that no data is being sent by your PC

I think people find out that disabling it 'only displays it as OFF' but not entirely able to block/record/spy on you.

Not the case. Got proof?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

They could realise that no data is being sent by your PC

maybe they will send you a notification, where they very politely ask for all your details such as name, adress, social security number, bank account and pin code.....

i mean, that is basically what they are looking for when they are using fucking keyloggers...... i mean, for 15 years people has hijacked bank accounts with keyloggers.... i think microsoft may have missed the memo that "keylogger aint cool brah"

the only way to guarantee microsoft doesnt get your info is if you block all of their data collecting IPs through a hardware firewall/router that supports ip blocking

OR you could just unplug from the interwebs then noone can see what you are doing on the machine

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

that... doesnt disturb me the least....

iv'e seen worse.

if i go further ill get a warning from the mod team again

Listen if you care.