If Consoles had..

LittleCarrot

A well-specced computer, even if it's a low-budget system, can last 10 years or more and still perform well.

Pre-built systems aren't, they are meant to provide juuuuust enough performance to be a respectable-performing product right now.

And that's it.

Which is why you set it up specifically for use in a living room. You can get PC OS perfectly suited to any use case scenario.

How though, as far as I know you can't use a PC with a controller alone. I don't want to ever connect a mouse and keyboard to the media PC, just a controller. I want to be able to start the PC with just the controller, operate every single function with just the controller. No mouse and keyboard in the process entirely.

If not, then its not a complete living room experience. 

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

How though, as far as I know you can't use a PC with a controller alone. I don't want to ever connect a mouse and keyboard to the media PC, just a controller. I want to be able to start the PC with just the controller, operate every single function with just the controller. No mouse and keyboard in the process entirely.

If not, then its not a complete living room experience. 

I've set up XP on my ULR (set up for pure compatibility with anything post Windows 3.1), for me its I just use my USB-Xbox safety connector adapter. And then I can also use the remote for the TV tuner card to use it as a digital settop box/DVR. My Xbox rarely sees use anymore unless I want to play a game such as Mechassault 2. It is the ultimate media center (ULR comes from ultimate legacy rig-its the best Pentium III coppermine setup possible-with the first motherboard with jumperless overclocking-while also being dual socket)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

console hate is so stupid nowadays. i own a PS4 and i game on it everyday, eventough i also have a PC that'll do atleast as good in game.

just let people have their personal preference and leave them at that.

anyway, what was described in the OP was basically everything a rabid PC-fanboy uses as arguments to win a PC vs Console war. so i fail to see the reason in this thread.

If I have the money to buy consoles, which I don't, I would get the two consoles that have exclusives that I actually want, mainly the wii u for all its exclusive titles and the PS4 for basically just Until Dawn. Other than that, no.

No.

I cannot play with a controller.

Also, I don't play many games on my computer, mostly data encryption and Excel sheets.

(I run a small business out of Indiana)

Why would I get a console that does all that when my PC does more?

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Why would I get a console that does all that when my PC does more?

You wouldn't have said that 12 years ago when consoles played games better than more expensive PC (I should know-I still have that more expensive PC and it can't even run Halo 1 minimum settings 30FPS 640x480, which is far lower in quality than what the Xbox manages).

PMSL

yes (the opposite)

WHICH IS NO!!!!

Unless it's a nintendo console 

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

You wouldn't have said that 12 years ago when consoles played games better than more expensive PC (I should know-I still have that more expensive PC and it can't even run Halo 1 minimum settings 30FPS 640x480, which is far lower in quality than what the Xbox manages).

It's not 2003, bud.

I wouldn't. I prefer PC exclusives, more functionality, no restrictions, not having to beg for features that I can easily get on PC, stuff of that sort. 

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Nope don't see a reason 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

But it's not 12 years ago so that's irrelevant.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Nope.. basically all you listed down is PC.. and more more more and more... lol

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Although my computer is a gaming PC it also gets used as a music/video hub, some image/video editing, doing academic work etc by my whole family. So it's kinda indispensable.

I don't have a problem with getting a console, just not as a PC replacement. The reason I don't have any consoles is that I don't even have the time to play all the PC games which I want to and so investing in yet another gaming device doesn't really make sense. Since PC is my first choice I will stick to that. I only get to game like twice a week and my priority would be trying to play more PC games if possible, not adding another platform into my life. I have a Xbone controller for my PC too so I can have the same experience anyway.

No. What would they give me that a pc can't?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I see no Reason for a Console at all.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I feel a little tempted by Nintendo as I grew up with a NES, SNES & N64. And then I had a Gamecube, but yeah, the Gamecube...

XBone and PS4 just aren't powerful enough. Almost all TVs on sale are 1080p or higher, not having the power to play all games at your TV's native resolution really isn't good enough. I seem to recall new console generations used to catch up with gaming PC when first released, but this gen are just rubbish. I suppose they are more living room friendly than PC, but is it that much bother to have a small wireless keyboard and mouse tucked away in the living room somewhere for when the Xbox controller won't suffice.

well.. 

considering my HTPC can use both kbd and mouse as-well as bluetooth enabled controllers (ps3) i'm finding less and less reasons to own a console. 

I still have a ps3 that just literally sits there off. 

It used to get alot of use as a media box before sony implemented that audio/watermark blocker and blocked 90% of my ripped movies 

so i just use the HTPC now instead , it plays everything great with a 3570k @ 4.5ghz a 7970 and 8gb of mem all running on a 256gb ssd. 

Hard to beat really and i have quite a few steam games on it, that allow for multi person gaming when i have company over and they wana co-op. 

Cant play some exclusives however which sucks. but i ran into the same issue when i used my ps3. some games were sony some were Microsoft some were Nintendo and i have no intentions of ever owning 3 different consoles just for exclusives. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

I agree. I think it'll be great if Steam machines take over. One platform for everybody that you can customize to your liking. For the non tech-savvy, you can just buy a pre-built like the Alienware Alpha. 

Open-platform and everybody gets to enjoy the exclusives. Maybe Nintendo should stick to their own thing, though.

But it's not 12 years ago so that's irrelevant.

I was talking in reference to the fact that 12 years ago all of the points in the OP were actually there on the consoles while the consoles remained cheaper than PC that performed worse in every single way (console killers cost far more than consoles back in 2002/2003). With the modern generation not having any of them while already performing worse than cheaper PC.

PMSL

No cause

-60$+ games + 60$+ DLC on consoles, Steam offsale master race.

-30 fps nono.

-I like to multitask with dual monitors while gaming without lifting off the chair or even lifting the hands off my desk, console cant alt-tab.

-I play mostly mmorpg's and online games that require skill/precision etc.Whats the point of getting a console if i try to use it like would use aPC.

No cause

-60$+ games + 60$+ DLC, Steam master race.

-30 fps nono.

-I like to multitask with dual monitors while gaming without lifting off the chair or even lifting the hands off my desk, console cant alt-tab.

-I play mostly mmorpg's and online games that require skill/precision etc.Whats the point of getting a console if i try to use it like would use aPC.

Most DLC is cut from games at launch-few publishers actually make it after the game, so DLC is a negative.

PMSL

I prefer consoles anyways.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

I prefer consoles anyways.

Peasant alert.

/jk your not one if you bought the PS2 or the first Xbox-and maybe the 360/PS3

PMSL