Iphone 15 or Canon 250D

Go to solution Solved by Blasty Blosty,
1 hour ago, FrankLessilis said:

Do you have any recommendations rather than pixel

I would stick with the iPhone 15, my parents have a 14 and it takes some fantastic qaulity pics

So I am going to travel in a month or so and I'm looking forward to shoot some good pictures and videos.

I have found to things which would fit my budget.The iphone 15 and the 250D.Im stuck on what to buy because nowadays phones have become good or far better than most cameras.I would appreciate if anyone would tell me which on would be good in a detailed explanation 馃榾

Taking good pictures is all about you, not the equipment.

If you don't have much experience with a聽real聽camera, then the 250D is going to be a huge hindrance. Heck, even real photographers don't like to bring their gear on vacation and opt to use either a good point-and-shoot (Fujifilm X100-series, RICOH GRIII-series) or just their phones.

If we're talking video, nothing beats the convenience of a smartphone, ESPECIALLY the iPhone's video quality.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

What phone do you have now? I'd argue the 250d is likely going to be much better, but its bigger, can't be used for phone things, and needs more skill to use well

Also why 250d? Its basically been replaced with the r50 which is a better bet unless your getting the 250d cheap.

44 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Taking good pictures is all about you, not the equipment.

If you don't have much experience with a聽real聽camera, then the 250D is going to be a huge hindrance. Heck, even real photographers don't like to bring their gear on vacation and opt to use either a good point-and-shoot (Fujifilm X100-series, RICOH GRIII-series) or just their phones.

If we're talking video, nothing beats the convenience of a smartphone, ESPECIALLY the iPhone's video quality.

I'm am a beginner to cameras,I don't have much knowledge,but I think I could work it out.But the iphone is probably fine

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What phone do you have now? I'd argue the 250d is likely going to be much better, but its bigger, can't be used for phone things, and needs more skill to use well

Also why 250d? Its basically been replaced with the r50 which is a better bet unless your getting the 250d cheap.

I have a samsung A05,I am getting the 250D cause it is cheap

52 minutes ago, FrankLessilis said:

I'm am a beginner to cameras,I don't have much knowledge,but I think I could work it out.But the iphone is probably fine

I would recommend the iPhone, you'd get a good phone update and wouldn't have to worry about adjusting any settings and getting one of the best phone cameras on the market

I have a samsung A05,I am getting the 250D cause it is cheap

Do you want a different iPhone? There are other Andriod phones that debatably have better photo quality you can get aswell? Look at the pixel lineup too. Arguably better image quality and cheaper.聽

What price are you getting teh 250d for? I'm guessing your not in the us if its called the 250d, and I'd only get that model if its real cheap or used.

1 hour ago, kodokuj said:

I would recommend the iPhone, you'd get a good phone update and wouldn't have to worry about adjusting any settings and getting one of the best phone cameras on the market

For photography what is the best,cause I have about a month if I take the camera to train

On 5/25/2024 at 11:24 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you want a different iPhone? There are other Andriod phones that debatably have better photo quality you can get aswell? Look at the pixel lineup too. Arguably better image quality and cheaper.聽

What price are you getting teh 250d for? I'm guessing your not in the us if its called the 250d, and I'd only get that model if its real cheap or used.

I'm getting is for about 710 USB,it includes a tripod,a shoulder bag,sd cards,a box to keep it from getting moist,a lens cleaning kit and more

In our country there is no authorised dealer for pixel,most dealers are sketchy and they are selling way below the retail price

I would choose an iPhone 14 Pro over the iPhone 15. It has a bigger sensor for better low-light photography, and much better video quality. The iPhone 15 Pro uses the same sensor as the 14P.

If the 14 Pro is not available then get the iPhone 15.

On 5/26/2024 at 2:50 AM, FrankLessilis said:

For photography what is the best,cause I have about a month if I take the camera to train

Real cameras are still better since smartphones sensors are still vastly smaller than APS-C sensors.

The 250D has a higher potential for better photos.

- - - -

Photography is much, much more than "taking a picture"

Are you going to edit the photos? Canon 250D

Are you going to accept the out-of-camera JPEGs as they are? Smartphone.

Are you taking wide angle shots at infinite focus during daytime? Smartphone.

Are you taking advantage of the natural increased depth of the larger sensor for shots with a "subject"? Canon 250D

Are you quickly snapping photos because you're just walking around being touristy? Smartphone.

Are you leisurely walking, no time-based schedule, and trying to take in the beauty? Canon 250D

Are you with family/company and they want a quick snap? Smartphone.

Are you with family/company and they want the photo ASAP because they want to post on IG Story? Smartphone.

Examples are endless. This is why real photographers like bringing a good smartphone and leaving their gear at home.

Unless you're a photography YouTuber and your job is to take phenomenal photos while... "on vacation"

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

3 hours ago, FrankLessilis said:

I'm getting is for about 710 USB,it includes a tripod,a shoulder bag,sd cards,a box to keep it from getting moist,a lens cleaning kit and more

Those kits that include other stuff like I think you've listed typically suck. Its all really low quality tripods that you don't want to use, so I'd get just the camera here.

3 hours ago, FrankLessilis said:

In our country there is no authorised dealer for pixel,most dealers are sketchy and they are selling way below the retail price

What other phones do you have as options?

8 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

I would choose an iPhone 14 Pro over the iPhone 15. It has a bigger sensor for better low-light photography, and much better video quality. The iPhone 15 Pro uses the same sensor as the 14P.

Real cameras are still better since smartphones sensors are still vastly smaller than APS-C sensors.

The 250D has a higher potential for better photos.

- - - -

Photography is much, much more than "taking a picture"

Are you going to edit the photos? Canon 250D

Are you going to accept the out-of-camera JPEGs as they are? Smartphone.

Are you taking wide angle shots at infinite focus during daytime? Smartphone.

Are you taking advantage of the natural increased depth of the larger sensor for shots with a "subject"? Canon 250D

Are you quickly snapping photos because you're just walking around being touristy? Smartphone.

Are you leisurely walking, no time-based schedule, and trying to take in the beauty? Canon 250D

Are you with family/company and they want a quick snap? Smartphone.

Are you with family/company and they want the photo ASAP because they want to post on IG Story? Smartphone.

Examples are endless. This is why real photographers like bringing a good smartphone and leaving their gear at home.

Unless you're a photography YouTuber and your job is to take phenomenal photos while... "on vacation"

I am travelling with my family and friends,they would also wanna take pictures and we don't go on vacations every day so the camera would be stuck in a box,a phone would be better cause it can be used everyday. Thank you for your lengthy reply

7 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Those kits that include other stuff like I think you've listed typically suck. Its all really low quality tripods that you don't want to use, so I'd get just the camera here.

What other phones do you have as options?

I can get a samsung phone,apple,xiaomi, oppo.Idont have a phone in mind,I have about 730USD budget聽

19 hours ago, FrankLessilis said:

I can get a samsung phone,apple,xiaomi, oppo.Idont have a phone in mind,I have about 730USD budget聽

Get a Google Pixel 8 (not the 8a, although it's still a good phone) unless you're adverse to Android (or Google in particular). Maybe an iPhone 15 Pro if you can take advantage of the trade-in bonus running until June 3rd.

The Pixel 8 takes great photos, and it's a solid smartphone all around. It doesn't have optical zoom, but Google does a good job with its cropping approach. The EOS 250D will have some advantages as a DSLR, but... it's five years old, and a DSLR is considerably harder to carry around. Not to mention more unwieldy when trying to share photos online.

Whatever you get, consider a USB-C power bank to extend the battery life while you're out. Taking a lot of photos can easily chew up energy.

9 hours ago, Commodus said:

Get a Google Pixel 8

"

In our country there is no authorised dealerfor pixel,most dealers are sketchy and they are sellingwaybelow the retail price

"

Apprentice Software Developer

18 hours ago, Commodus said:

Get a Google Pixel 8 (not the 8a, although it's still a good phone) unless you're adverse to Android (or Google in particular). Maybe an iPhone 15 Pro if you can take advantage of the trade-in bonus running until June 3rd.

The Pixel 8 takes great photos, and it's a solid smartphone all around. It doesn't have optical zoom, but Google does a good job with its cropping approach. The EOS 250D will have some advantages as a DSLR, but... it's five years old, and a DSLR is considerably harder to carry around. Not to mention more unwieldy when trying to share photos online.

Whatever you get, consider a USB-C power bank to extend the battery life while you're out. Taking a lot of photos can easily chew up energy.

I can't cause there is no authorised dealer,any other recommendations pls

8 hours ago, Blasty Blosty said:

"

In our country there is no authorised dealerfor pixel,most dealers are sketchy and they are sellingwaybelow the retail price

"

8 hours ago, Blasty Blosty said:

"

"

Ah, that is a problem. I'd consider an iPhone 15 then, so long as you don't mind a zoom that's really a cropped shot. Look at it this way: it'd be a significant leap over your Galaxy A05 with some extra camera abilities thrown in.

I would stick with the iPhone 15, my parents have a 14 and it takes some fantastic qaulity pics

Apprentice Software Developer