Apple fined heavilly in China for tax evasion

GoodBytes

Neowin reports that on Thursday, the state-run publication Xinhua News Agency reported that Apple was avoiding taxation in China, by failing to pay 452 million Yuan ($71M USD) in taxes in 2013. In addition, before that China announced a new fine for companies not paying taxes, and gave a fine of $65 million yuan ($10M USD) in addition.

An that is not all, Apple is being accused of inflating its posted profits by 5.4 billion yuan ($846,000,000 USD).

During an audit of our 2013 operations, a difference in interpretation of a tax rule resulted in a balance due, which we paid with interest. We pay all the taxes we owe wherever we do business

The news agency reported.

This move by China is part of a new crack down move on multinational tech companies for failing to pay taxes, a big problem in China.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/apple-fined-heavily-for-chinese-tax-evasion

Yesss... take more of Apple's money >=D

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

-snip-

Implying that other companies don't do it.

It may come as a surprise to you, but Apple weren't the first (nor will they be the last) to exploit cheap labor and be savvy with their money.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It may come as a surprise to you, but Apple weren't the first (nor will they be the last) to exploit cheap labor and be savvy with their money.

Maybe but atleast I'm the one keeping that money in my pocket not Apple. There is no smartphone manufacturer with bigger margins then Apple.

Cheapest S6 is € 474,- now and cheapest Iphone 6 is € 629,-

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

China accusing someone else of tax evasion? 

Pot. Kettle. Black? 

No wait, its Space Grey these days. 

Ignore him, he's been on the Anti-Apple nonsense spree the past few days in all the threads. Kinda amusing, how someone can hate something so bad over petty reasons. 

10 Million USD fine they won't even notice that.

They make that back by selling their 100M planned Iphones for Q3 and Q4

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

China accusing someone else of tax evasion? 

Pot. Kettle. Black? 

No wait, its Space Grey these days. 

Ignore him, he's been on the Anti-Apple nonsense spree the past few days in all the threads. Kinda amusing, how someone can hate something so bad over petty reasons. 

Apple is not the only company that does it, but they could damned well do something about it, considering how much money they have. But they don't, they continue to exploit it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Apple is not the only company that does it, but they could damned well do something about it, considering how much money they have. But they don't, they continue to exploit it.

Do what about it? Shift production to North America? Yea, they already did it with one product, the product that carries their highest margins, because thats how expensive the shift is to North American or even European production. 

I don't think you guys understand how little companies like to pay for increased production costs. They don't. The mandate is to maintain to increase margins, decreasing margins requires one iron clad justification (like when Apple shifted the Mac Pro over to North America). 

Furthermore, even Apple couldn't afford the production scale to shift over all their production elsewhere and do it on their own. It is maddeningly expensive. Apple would effectively have to run a small city just to produce everything on their own. 

They could do something, if they wanted to piss away a 50 billion dollars to do it. No one wants to do that. The day they leave is the day China becomes too expensive for them. Thats all it is. Stop acting like Apple can influence anything. Do you think anyone outside of the internet gives a shit that these factories in China exist? Your tech, your TVs, your clothing; no one cares. Lets stop painting one company as the literal devil for being there. 

Do what about it? Shift production to North America? Yea, they already did it with one product, the product that carries their highest margins, because thats how expensive the shift is to North American or even European production. 

I don't think you guys understand how little companies like to pay for increased production costs. They don't. The mandate is to maintain to increase margins, decreasing margins requires one iron clad justification (like when Apple shifted the Mac Pro over to North America). 

Furthermore, even Apple couldn't afford the production scale to shift over all their production elsewhere and do it on their own. It is maddeningly expensive. Apple would effectively have to run a small city just to produce everything on their own. 

They could do something, if they wanted to piss away a 50 billion dollars to do it. No one wants to do that. The day they leave is the day China becomes too expensive for them. Thats all it is. Stop acting like Apple can influence anything. Do you think anyone outside of the internet gives a shit that these factories in China exist? Your tech, your TVs, your clothing; no one cares. Lets stop painting one company as the literal devil for being there. 

There's an alternative you know. Create your own factories in China, treat the employees like humans. Yes it will cost money, but at least then they can say they did something.

You'll have to forgive me for not accepting pure greed as a reasonable justification for using slave labor. For any company.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There's an alternative you know. Create your own factories in China, treat the employees like humans. Yes it will cost money, but at least then they can say they did something.

You'll have to forgive me for not accepting pure greed as a reasonable justification for using slave labor. For any company.

Welcome to real life where ideals like that don't work and get you nowhere in the corporate game. 

Like I already said, they aren't going to pay what it costs to run their own venture. Yea, companies have put a price on human life and decency. Don't tell me you just realized that? 

Welcome to real life where ideals like that don't work and get you nowhere in the corporate game.

Like I already said, they aren't going to pay what it costs to run their own venture. Yea, companies have put a price on human life and decency. Don't tell me you just realized that?

They can still have cheap China labour and treat the workers like human beings. And still make scads of money.

It isn't one or the other. That it is standard practice to do otherwise speaks volumes about the current industry. Being a common occurrence doesn't make it okay.

One of the reasons I won't buy apple products.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I would just wait for Apple response to this.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Neowin reports that on Thursday, the state-run publication Xinhua News Agency reported that Apple was avoiding taxation in China, by failing to pay 452 million Yuan ($71M USD) in taxes in 2013. In addition, before that China announced a new fine for companies not paying taxes, and gave a fine of $65 million yuan ($10M USD) in addition.

An that is not all, Apple is being accused of inflating its posted profits by 5.4 billion yuan ($846,000 USD).

The news agency reported.

This move by China is part of a new crack down move on multinational tech companies for failing to pay taxes, a big problem in China.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/apple-fined-heavily-for-chinese-tax-evasion

5.4 B Yuan is 846M not 846,000

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

but the other companies are not claiming to be moral while apple does

Alt+MAlt+N

This is certainly not what i was expecting, its not like they dont have the money to pay for the taxs, wonder what that is about. Im assuming bad leadership in china.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Didn't want to get involved but feel I should post something.

Just because something is considered the norm does not make it right. Companies exploiting cheap labour is not acceptable and many companies could do more to give workers better conditions. Now I must admit everyone is probably guilty of owning or buying a product produced in such a way but it's the big corps who are most benefiting.

Companies such as Apple who post PROFITS in the BILLIONS. Can and should do more. Saying that its ok because everyone is doing is like saying you are ok with slavery? Is that REALLY what you stand for???

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Apple got rekt.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I had no idea china has an actual real Apple stores and not fake ones lol.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Didn't want to get involved but feel I should post something.

Just because something is considered the norm does not make it right. Companies exploiting cheap labour is not acceptable and many companies could do more to give workers better conditions. Now I must admit everyone is probably guilty of owning or buying a product produced in such a way but it's the big corps who are most benefiting.

Companies such as Apple who post PROFITS in the BILLIONS. Can and should do more. Saying that its ok because everyone is doing is like saying you are ok with slavery? Is that REALLY what you stand for???

I can guarantee that most of us forget that when buying a device. We always choose the best value product, not caring how it was produced.

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

Good, more countries need to start making them pay there taxes, the estimated amount of tax avoidance and evasion in the UK adds up to almost 10% of the yearly budget