UltraWide Festival 2015

Well, if we get hundreds, or thousands of entries, watching 30 second long videos becomes a huge time investment.

To be honest that was LG's regulation, not ours sorry!

Is there a "Buffer Zone?" or does is the celing capped, Like for example my video is "31" seconds when in actuality its 30 seconds and a few millaseconds over does that automatically disqualify me?

It'd be so nice to have an ultra wide sitting above my 3 x 1440p monitors ;)

Fortunately I have one of the goofiest friends imaginable.

Edit: This would be the build because I have oddly specific requirements.

lolol Posts PcPartPicker link with Acer parts in a LG giveaway

Here is my post from yesterday :) hope you guys like it.

But.. But.. aren't those Flip-Flops and Socks?..

Even worse than Sandals and Socks

So theres my entry, i hope i at least get one of those monitors for that haha 

EDIT: #UltraWideFestival, #UltraWide, #DreamSetup

also, did anyone get the LG site to accept the link to their post? I had to link them to my youtube video and now im worried because the instructions from linus were to link to your forum post in the application. 

:ph34r: 30 sec max? i have checked the official website but there is nothing that says how long your video should be :o ? i made 1min video of my set up :mellow: !

Hi, is this "extravaganza" valid outside of the Americas? And by outside the Americas, I mean Africa. Can I, who lives in Africa actually participate? :)

Hi, is this "extravaganza" valid outside of the Americas? And by outside the Americas, I mean Africa. Can I, who lives in Africa actually participate? :)

This is international  :D

@nicklmg Any word on this being international?

CPU: Intel i7 950 | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB | SSD: 256GB 840 Pro | HDD 1: SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1TB | HDD 2: WD 320GB | RAM: Crucial XMS3 12GB (6x 2GB) | Case: Corsair R200 | PSU: LCPower 650W | Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

@nicklmg Any word on this being international?

On ultrawidefestival.com it states that yes, this competition is international. Only restrictions are that the video must be in English and you are responsible for the tax laws in your region.

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

if you submitted your entry to ultrawide,com, did anyone get the confirmation email, cuz i didnt.

I didn't either. Seems a bit odd to me.

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

My entry: #UltraWideFestival, #UltraWide, #DreamSetup

Dream setup: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dRR2cf

I hope I dont forget anything... I've submit the link to the youtube video to Ultrawide Dream too, but what does Linus mean when he say submit a link to the post? Does he mean the link to this post in this thread?

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

My entry: #UltraWideFestival, #UltraWide, #DreamSetup

I hope I dont forget anything... I've submit the link to the youtube video to Ultrawide Dream too, but what does Linus mean when he say submit a link to the post? Does he mean the link to this post in this thread?

I was wondering that too, but nice video so far one of the best i've seen

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I didn't either. Seems a bit odd to me.

So theres my entry, i hope i at least get one of those monitors for that haha 

EDIT: #UltraWideFestival, #UltraWide, #DreamSetup

also, did anyone get the LG site to accept the link to their post? I had to link them to my youtube video and now im worried because the instructions from linus were to link to your forum post in the application.

I submitted a link to my youtube video instead, and I did get a confirmation email from UltraWide Festival 2015. I'm not sure about "posting a link to the post" as Linus said mean posting a link to the post in this topic or the video either, so I follow what the form said and posted a youtube link.

I was wondering that too, but nice video so far one of the best i've seen

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

I submitted a link to my youtube video instead, and I did get a confirmation email from UltraWide Festival 2015. I'm not sure about "posting a link to the post" as Linus said mean posting a link to the post in this topic or the video either, so I follow what the form said and posted a youtube link.

I guess I should give it another shot today. I linked to the video rather than the post but that still didn't get me a confirmation email, despite what LG's site claimed. Hopefully I don't get disqualified for submitting the exact same entry multiple times (considering this is meant to be a skill based contest I don't see why I would). It would be unfortunate to miss out simply because some form has some issues.

I guess I should give it another shot today. I linked to the video rather than the post but that still didn't get me a confirmation email, despite what LG's site claimed. Hopefully I don't get disqualified for submitting the exact same entry multiple times (considering this is meant to be a skill based contest I don't see why I would). It would be unfortunate to miss out simply because some form has some issues.

Good luck. BTW this is my confirmation email:

11850682_1033729876660970_90284270151606

Here is link to my video #UltraWideFestival, #UltraWide, #DreamSetup  :D