UltraWide Festival 2015

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

suFZ9XZ.jpg

Get a chance to win one of 30 curved UltraWide monitors from LG (34UC87C), and even a USD$10,000 Dream Setup to one grand prize winner!

Entry is simple:

1. Create a video about your current setup (30 seconds max) before September 25.

2. Tweet that video to @LinusTech on Twitter (or post it down below)

3. Submit a link to that post on www.ultrawidefestival.com

And that's it!

Keep in mind that entries close September 25. No late entries accepted!

Have fun and BE CREATIVE ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORdKGHD939s&feature=youtu.be

suFZ9XZ.jpg

Get a chance to win one of 30 curved UltraWide monitors from LG (34UC87C), and even a USD$10,000 Dream Setup to one grand prize winner!

Entry is simple:

1. Create a video about your current setup (30 seconds max) before September 25.

And that's it!

#UltraWideFestival, #UltraWide, #DreamSetup

Here is my UltraWide Festical 2015 Submission:

https://youtu.be/KR4xemMMyYg

Sorry if this is not Creative Enought...as I am not Creative all all...lol

PS: The Link has been already Tweeted Out.

Applying is Kind of Weird...Linus did mention you can Apply to all 3 of the Inspirers. But the Website needs you to select 2 Inspirers at the same time.

I created 2 Videos:

1) Specifically for Linus (because of his maximum of 30 Seconds Long)

2) The Other is almost 6 Minutes long with more Details are for the other 2 Inspirers (as I watch their video and they did not mention any video time length they want). For those who are Curious, this is the 6 Minutes Long Video: https://youtu.be/525xS9NhVHw

So how can I submit the 30 Second Video on the Website to just Linus himself? I don't want to over-ride my existing Submission for the Other Inspirer (i.e. 6 minutes Video) with this 30 Second Video.

Any help would be Good.

well this is my submission, I worked really hard on it.

it was hell trying to be creative, showing your setup, making it interesting AND shove it all into 30 secounds.. 

Current Setup:

i5 3570k, GTX 770, h100i, z77x-ud5h, 8gb vengence ram all in Corsair C70.

Generic mouse (Don't buy sidewinder x8 mouse), sidewinder x4 keyboard (do buy). 

And the icing on the cake, G27 Wheel. which is (be suprised) an entry-level simulator racing wheel.

I got 32" fhd display and 19" accessory display.

Also got a Hi-Fi setup, its an 6 years old spkears paired with a 10 years old subwoofer I had in the garage. I bought a 15 bucks amplifer to run them together on the PC.

My dream setup includes VR headsets (probably oculus), 2 wide screen displays, decent 5.1 audio setup and a fanatec wheel setup.

Hacked away at it until I got it down to exactly 30 seconds hope it's good enough. Composed the music specifically for this video.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Terminator 99: The Upgrade Mission #UltraWideFestival #UltraWide #DreamSetup​

Link:  ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHxE8ORPs1o&feature=autoshare

Plot:
Terminator is going to persuade Linus to give him the $10,000 to upgrade his setup.

This is my first time uploading video on YouTube, hope you enjoy..

It's really hard to make something unique, entertaining yet full of information in 30 seconds. But I did it! Yay to me!

First time in using advanced tools for my videos (Thank god for video editting class at school)

More informations are on the video description.

GL and HF to all participants! :D

P.S: 2 hidden messages at the final clip! (One is hidden though). Reply this post if you found them!

A question before I start doing this... is the contest world-wide? or only those in US/Canada?

Its world wide.

It's really hard to make something unique, entertaining yet full of information in 30 seconds. But I did it! Yay to me!

First time in using advanced tools for my videos (Thank god for video editting class at school)

P.S: 2 hidden messages at the final clip! (One is hidden though)

Well I know whos going to win now.

P.S thats the best one Iv seen so far.

Well I know whos going to win now.

P.S thats the best one Iv seen so far.

Thank you!

P.S: 2 hidden messages at the final clip! (One is hidden though). Reply this post if you found them!

Fount the hidden message. I think. :D

Well hidden

First , Thank you both LG nad Linus for hosting this contest and here's my entry for the #UltraWide Festival : 

Wait, so is it safe to use music we don't own the rights to for the video?

suFZ9XZ.jpg

Entry is simple:

And that's it!

Hey everyone! This is my entry to the LG Ultra Wide Festival 2015! I had a few friends come over, threw mountain dew cans everywhere and filmed this little skit. I am a 15 year old game developer from Salt Lake City. I have been coding and making games for about 4 years. I recently graduated from the Young Entrepreneur Academy, with an indie game development business named Annex Entertainment. Not only that, but I was awarded a spot in the new Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah along with a scholarship. I love what I do, and hope to run my own businesses for the rest of my life. Linus has been a huge inspiration to me in learning how to build computers, and immerse myself in the tech community. The whole Linus tech media company is absolutely amazing. This monitor would be absolutely perfect for multitasking with coding and development at the same time. Thanks guys! Good luck to everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfROArVrwY