tips for college freshman?

Tocsin_786

Well...I have yet to find an app that can solve my oh so tedious integration questions and differential equations :(

Well that sucks. Someone should make one.

I honestly don't see the need for anything more than calculators in this day and age, unless, like I said, you are a math teacher or a physicist.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

wolframalpha.com 

it was good when it was you know.... kinda free when it was established around 2008.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

The answers are free.  

http://www.marblesoftwaresolutions.com/AlgebraSolver/default.aspx  This gives you the answer+the steps.  I suggest learning how to from these and/or your professor though since you can't use this on an exam.

Lol? Who needs that at a university level????? If this doesn't solve indefinite integrals or differential equations, at a university level it is useless.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

it was good when it was you know.... kinda free when it was established around 2008.

It's not free anymore? I used it all of the last two years.

Edit: It's still free (mostly), go to wolframalpha.com and most things you could put into it, it will answer.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Don't look for shortcuts.

GO TO CLASS.

Make friends. When you sit next to someone new, introduce yourself.

ratemyprofessors.com

Join a few clubs/societies. Some of those should relate to your major.

Take part in campus events...

Don't haul all your textbooks around. Looseleaf sheets, pen/pencil, and a calculator is really all you need unless your professor requires else wise.

Look for used textbooks

Try not to change your major a bunch of times, especially for stupid reasons. It's expensive and the drop out rate becomes higher.

Don't be lazy, work on time management, be organized, and stay active - else 'dat #Freshman15 gunna getcha.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

You actually don't need a whole lot. Make sure your calculator is appropriate for your math classes and that you know how to use it. Graphing calculators are not allowed in a lot of classes. 

Keep your dorm room door open and make new friends. College would suck without friends. 

It's not free anymore? I used it all of the last two years.

Edit: It's still free (mostly), go to wolframalpha.com and most things you could put into it, it will answer.

yea i know the basics are free, but the entire website used to be free. Sure i get that its a clean (no ads) look, but some of use cant afford a subscription if we need help on it. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

yea i know the basics are free, but the entire website used to be free. Sure i get that its a clean (no ads) look, but some of use cant afford a subscription if we need help on it. 

I used the free version for the past two years, so unless something changed since December the free version still works for most things you can put into it (Up to Calc III, I'm not sure about anything else past that).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.