Does anyone else feel bad giving Konami money? (END GAME SPOILER)

My apologies ahead of time if this is a somewhat useless (or over-visited) topic, I just feel incredibly conflicted buying MGSV. On one hand, it's Hideo Kojima's last piece of work before leaving Konami, I doubt I will ever buy a Konami product after this. On the other hand, I'm a big fan of the series and so of course I'm going to try it. What are people's thoughts? Last MGS worth playing? Counting down the hours? Has it been released anywhere yet? (I think I can download it at 10 PM tonight).

I never bought a new Konami game.. Only ever got MGS2 on PS2 second hand.

Do I feel bad for giving them money? Doesn't really apply to me, but if I did.. Maybe.. Because they don't seem to have very good working conditions in Japan

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

do you feel bad for giving devleopers money so they can feed their children who if they didn't have money will die and starve after dieing the developer will go into depression ending into suicide then going on to cnn news saying suicide is not the awnser then al schools will change their policys and the end

do you feel bad for giving devleopers money so they can feed their children who if they didn't have money will die and starve after dieing the developer will go into depression ending into suicide then going on to cnn news saying suicide is not the awnser then al schools will change their policys and the end

well konami do that to their employee so...

We dont know the whole konami/hideo story. so i cant blame anyone, just pay and play the game :D

I will give them Money when the Game is good. I dont preorder and i dont buy Day 1 until im sure its worth the money.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

If I actually cared about a game from Konami, I wouldn't care about the money I was giving them tbh... If they're selling something I want at a price I'm willing to pay then I'll buy it. I don't particularly care about what they'd do with my money after that. Then again, I don't care about the company either. Last time I played one of their games was likely years ago, back when Yu-Gi-Ho was a thing.

I guess I kind of agree with the "if it's worth it than buy it" mentality. I definitely am on board with supporting developers not publishers, unfortunately the two are more often than not tied together. For the most part I do have a no pre-order policy, but a Metal Gear or Silent Hill game (made by Hideo Kojima) is just about the only kind of game that I am still willing to pre-order. Although, when I did I admit I thought there would be a pre-download benefit at least.

One thing for sure, I very much hope that Kojima goes on making games - because I'm pretty sure he'll be taking 95% of Konami's AAA game following with him.

My apologies ahead of time if this is a somewhat useless (or over-visited) topic, I just feel incredibly conflicted buying MGSV. On one hand, it's Hideo Kojima's last piece of work before leaving Konami, I doubt I will ever buy a Konami product after this. On the other hand, I'm a big fan of the series and so of course I'm going to try it. What are people's thoughts? Last MGS worth playing? Counting down the hours? Has it been released anywhere yet? (I think I can download it at 10 PM tonight).

The other way to look at it is that a successful MGSV sends a very strong message about the kind of game we want Konami to make and how we want them to treat us. It also makes it that much harder to sweep Kojima Productions under the rug. Poor sales just give them another excuse to turn the Metal Gear franchise into pachinko machines.

I'm interested in the game, but I will absolutely be waiting some days or even weeks to see what it's like post-release. As it is, the only reviews that will be going up will be those that came out of Konami's "review boot camp" event where games media personnel were flown out and allowed to play the game under Konami PR supervision. No PC review code was made available pre-release, as far as I know. Not a great start. And while I'd argue that pre-ordering any game is a silly idea, pre-ordering this one seems extra-extra-extra silly.

I got the game with my GTX 970, havent ever played a metal gear game but I'm looking forward to it. However I have no idea what you're referring to in the OP can someone please link me an article or something? :)

No issue.

If I want your product, I buy it.

I very rarely ever care who made it, how the products were made and the companies or individuals stances or opinions.

I am a huge faggot

Fucking kill your self, did you seriously just post the ending of the game

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Fucking kill your self, did you seriously just post the ending of the game

Yep, Venom Snake is  Medic from GZ , not Big Boss.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, Venom Snake is  Medic from GZ , not Big Boss.

So i'd be mad, but i'm more mad that kojima put that shitty ending in the final metal gear, i actually didn't get the Gif and i thought it was BB looking at old grey haired BB which would have been better

i actually didn't believe the medic thing when you said it because i just though, "Kojima isn't that bad of a writer is he?" so i was still surprised even then

ANYTHING would have been better

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Not at all.  This is (very likely) Hideo Kojima's last hurrah with a series he's guided for over two decades.  I bought this game because I love his games and I love this series.  Reading his tweets, you can tell he's very, very proud of this game and loves interacting with the MGS fans.  I'm supporting Hideo Kojima.  If Konami misinterprets my purchase as supporting Konami's decision to defocus on gaming and letting Kojima go, that's their mistake.  I won't be supporting future MGS games unless a) the game is good and, b)Kojima supports it.

I just hope he can somehow create another engine as good as Fox engine for his future endeavors because it's a beauty.  I never thought I'd get to play a MGS game that runs as well as MGS5 does on PC.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

I edited the title of the post, it doesn't really bother me much either... but I still don't know why someone would post a spoiler like that. Just someone who has to ruin other people's fun to make them feel better about themself I guess.

Anyway, I'm not too concerned about the story side of things with this game. I'm enjoying this game more for the gameplay than anything. Honestly, I stopped getting into the story after MGS4. Even Kojima said that his ending to MGS4 was more of a fan service than what he really wanted to do, sorry I don't have a reference for that... read it somewhere that he wanted Snake and Otacon to hang for their crimes lol.