Realistic fluid simulation

qwertywarrior

now i have to pee....thanks

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

220+ hours to render.... great.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

OpenCL ftw

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Now implement this in games :) Well realistically speaking, this is were we're heading when quantum computers become available or, at least, usable.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

thats insane i wanna see it in a game so bad that would be so cool i wish i could be alive for the year 2300 :(

That looks AMAZING!! Now they just have to implement it in a game and I'll be happy.

it looks reallyfantastic, but it isn't without flaws! I mean, it's almost like they've tried to make the water 'too random' if you get me? But it's still really interesting to see where this will go from here!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

That looks AMAZING!! Now they just have to implement it in a game and I'll be happy.

I don't think we're ever going to see that in a game.

now i have to pee....thanks

Now implement this in games :) Well realistically speaking, this is were we're heading when quantum computers become available or, at least, usable.

Your FPS would be like 5

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I don't think we're ever going to see that in a game.

People said the same about dynamic lighting systems, advanced physics simulation etc. Water simulation in games has evolved a lot over the years, I have no doubt it will continue to do so. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

This looks amazing. Just over 9 days of rendering for the video though. Wow...

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Your FPS would be like 5

Well considering it took more than 9 days to render 24 seconds of video on (presumably) workstation-level hardware... you would have to measure in "Frames per hour" to get a number greater than 1.

It looks a little unrealistic, the water seems to thick and doesn't have the same things as real water would.

What if I told you...

...it isn't water ;)

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

thats insane i wanna see it in a game so bad that would be so cool i wish i could be alive for the year 2300 :(

year 2300? thats stupid more like 2020

those stats make me so sad:( I want awesome fluid physics but 220hours to render, and the size of that would definatly be more than I would want in a game...

It looks a little unrealistic, the water seems to thick and doesn't have the same things as real water would.

I would agree with you but it looks pretty cool imo. But the long render times is sort of sad since if you would want to create a environment video with this, it would take a while to render. Hope that people will find ways to create better fluid simulations and minimize the rendering times.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Your FPS would be like 5

220+ hours to render that? Would not even be close to 1 FPS. Well Close to: 5.6818181818181818181818181818182e-5 FPS. I did the math.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB