Virtual desktops on Windows 10? Cute...

Gala

Linux did it before you...in 1994 :P

qpCTO1x.jpg

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Oh no! It's apple all over again! (except I don't think M$ claimed it as their own and renamed it)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Have fun trying to do shit on Linux that just wont work ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Have fun trying to do shit on Linux that just wont work ;)

There is no thing you can do on Windows, i can't on Linux.

Vice-versa it does not work.

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

ingles'?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

ingles'?

vice-versa = the other way around

Linux features constantly make it into OSX and Windows, as well as Windows and OSX features making it into Linux. It's how technology and the natural development cycles go.

Lord of Helium.

Since when was Linux ever relevant?

.....since it is literally what runs the internet. NO ONE uses Windows Server or whatever the hell the Apple equivalent is, other than Microsoft and Apple.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Except like every game I play  :(

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

vice-versa = the other way around

no i mean ur sentence made 0 sense.. im not stewpid

ohh

nothing**

on windows that you can't do on linux**

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

.....since it is literally what runs the internet. NO ONE uses Windows Server or whatever the hell the Apple equivalent is, other than Microsoft and Apple.

Congratulations, it's irrelevant for consumers though.

I don't get why it has to be some kind of competition. Having multiple desktops was something I always enjoyed in Linux and I'm just happy to see it get implemented in Windows.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

The best linux is the own without a GUI.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Congratulations, it's irrelevant for consumers though.

Not really when you consider that we wouldn't have the internet without Linux. Let alone the internet being as secure as it is (that being a relative statement)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Flame war-z.
I don't even lift. 

PS: I don't use virtual desktops. Ultra-wide master-race.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

Not really when you consider that we wouldn't have the internet without Linux. Let alone the internet being as secure as it is (that being a relative statement)

If Linux were relevant, don't you think people would be swapping to it in hordes? They don't because it's simply not a viable Windows replacement for most people out there.

I don't care that servers run Linux, that's not the point. Linux as an OS is simply not good enough for most consumers. It's too fragmented.

And the fact that both Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows were derived from UNIX...

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Since when was Linux ever relevant?

Since Modern Super Computers existed

"As of November 2014 [update], 485 or 97% of the world's fastest supercomputers use the Linux kernel. Of the remaining 3%, the majority run the AIX Unix variant, with one running another Unix variant, one supercomputer running Windows, and one with a "mixed" operating system."

Anyways, Linux is free, supports excellent VMware, is very Modular; Choose the GUI you like, Customizable, and runs all other programs designed for it.  And no, I am not saying it's mainstream... yet..  GabeN seems to want it to become so however.

You might not use it, and I might not use it, but just because neither of us uses it does not make it irrelevant  Linux is a great and broad platform with far more versatility than Windows or Mac.  Just look at those Supercomputers that use Linux; the same thing that can run on your PC.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Meh, I never cared about virtual desktops.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |