Samsung Fail - Design flaw in Galaxy Note 5 S Pen insertion

Another video of someone showing how easy it is.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

<video>

Another video of someone showing how easy it is.

"What if you paint it with black rubber and you tell people it's a cellular antenna"

Haha that's brilliant.

Some people are suggesting sliding a straw (if the straw is not the right size, just cut one side of it) into it. Judging by the image that seems like a possible way to fix it.

Added a red line to show where the straw would go in.

post-216-0-68253700-1440611163.jpg

why in satans arse crack would you put the s pen in backwards? 

If you do you actually deserve to have a broken phone... and possibly be decapitated 

People are idiots, they do thinks like consuming drugs and alcohol and then operate smartphones. The bigger question is why would Samsung design a pen that would go in backwards at all? It really isn't difficult to ensure the thing won't fit if backwards, they're the bigger idiots here cause they got paid to fuck up this bad.

-------

Current Rig

-------

People are idiots, they do thinks like consuming drugs and alcohol and then operate smartphones. The bigger question is why would Samsung design a pen that would go in backwards at all? It really isn't difficult to ensure the thing won't fit if backwards, they're the bigger idiots here cause they got paid to fuck up this bad.

I agree they are the bigger idiots

I am just annoyed that everyone is an idiot

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you are one of the few people who inserted their S-pen backwards into the Note 5 & broke the S-pen sensor, there is simple DIY way to fix it. However it's not 100% guarantied.

My advice to Note 5 owners:

1. Don't insert your S-pen backwards (duh)

2. If you did insert it backwards DO NOT force it out. Disassemble the phone and take it out.

Disassembly guide: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Remove+Galaxy+Note+5+Glass+Back+Cover+Teardown/46466

DIY fix video:

Am i the only one who wanted to pop his blister the whole time?

Edit: Can someone explain to me this whole gate thing? why has it been bendgate, pengate etc,etc, what does a gate have anything to do with anything?

I don't really think this is a fix, just more like how to get your S Pen out of the case if you broke it.

So either you open it up, voiding the warranty, or you send it in, losing the warranty because inserting it backwards is a user error.

<insert random facepalm gif here>

Anyone else get the feeling that we're in the "gate" era?

Seriously though, it's amazing that people are using the words "design flaw" for their own stupidity... The Gate Era or The Stupid Era? Take your pick, both fit perfectly.

Seriously though, it's amazing that people are using the words "design flaw" for their own stupidity... The Gate Era or The Stupid Era? Take your pick, both fit perfectly.

While I 100% agree with you, gotta admit that it is quite weird that the pen slides in perfectly backwards.

Why the fuck would people stick the stick in the wrong position??

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Why do people insist on calling stuff like this "Pen-Gate". It sounds so unnecessary, and lame. It's not a scandal, it's a design flaw.

Other terrible names:

Bendgate

Bridgegate

Donutgate

Gamergate

all of them except for Watergate.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

This is the only device I've come across that either doesn't have something preventing someone from putting it in backwards or if it does allow you to put it in either way has any negative consequences for doing so.

Also, mistakes happen and it isn't like you need to force the thing in there.

Unless you've never made any mistake ever in your life, like putting in a battery backwards, put a CD/DVD in upside down, put a shirt/shorts/pants on backwards, I wouldn't call people stupid for what is a very easy mistake to make.

Can someone explain to me this whole gate thing? why has it been bendgate, pengate etc,etc, what does a gate have anything to do with anything?

Look at the Watergate scandal. A big scandal at the Watergate complex back in the 70's.

It just recently started to get popular, people decided to call it <something>-gate, at every 'scandal'. Most of the time there is no scandal. But it attracts clicks, and now people find it 'hip' to use it on anything. It will go out of fashion in a few years.