Issues with my father

Vegetable

This isn't gun debate.

This isn't political debate.

Guys someone made a post asking for advice and so far it's been a lot of BS. The OP needs somebody to talk to right now, not for you guys to bicker at each other.

This isn't gun debate.

This isn't political debate.

Guys someone made a post asking for advice and so far it's been a lot of BS. The OP needs somebody to talk to right now, not for you guys to bicker at each other.

I have helped plenty. It's people telling you you want the OP to kill their dad that is bickering. /short rant

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have helped plenty. It's people telling you you want the OP to kill their dad that is bickering. /short rant

Having a suggestion that a 15 year old should obtain a taser or firearm isn't the best of advice you know.

In all honesty, they have to pretty much wait it out or ask a family member for help because I don't see their dad listening to a "sit-down kinda talk" where you express your concerns. My instincts tell me he doesn't care all that much about his actions in the first place otherwise he wouldn't be acting the way he does.

Talk to your aunt for sure.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think you fail to understand how non-lethal some weapons are...

We are talking about hand guns right? Not tasers? lol

We are talking about hand guns right? Not tasers? lol

Hand guns are non-lethal for the most part.

OP, you sure you can't reason with your dad?

If you can't, then asking your aunt and explain the situation to her might help.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Hand guns are non-lethal for the most part.

Regardless, i don't like the idea of giving a gun to a teen who has never used a gun before. And i'm pretty sure a shot or two to the head can kill someone with a handgun.... w.e

We just got into another argument. He grounded me for a month because I punched a wall. To add to this whole thing we are below poverty line and the only place we could afford is a crime ridden city full of illegals literally robbing to survive. He's a convicted felon (he shot my stepdad "accidentally") and when u mentioned that I was nonreligious (never told him this) he started screaming in anger. I dont even want to go to school but if I don't I'm scared what he'll do to me. I'm bigger than him but he tends to use weapons (baseball bat, frying pan, brick whatevr)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

imma not sit here and listen to you shit talk jeff >=[

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

A user needs help. If you feel the need to argue with another user about politics, take it to a PM or form another thread.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Regardless, i don't like the idea of giving a gun to a teen who has never used a gun before. And i'm pretty sure a shot or two to the head can kill someone with a handgun.... w.e

I'm not debating that, I already said it was a bad idea. What I said is they're mostly not lethal.

We just got into another argument. He grounded me for a month because I punched a wall. To add to this whole thing we are below poverty line and the only place we could afford is a crime ridden city full of illegals literally robbing to survive. He's a convicted felon (he shot my stepdad "accidentally") and when u mentioned that I was nonreligious (never told him this) he started screaming in anger. I dont even want to go to school but if I don't I'm scared what he'll do to me. I'm bigger than him but he tends to use weapons (baseball bat, frying pan, brick whatevr)

1. Don't let him hurt you
  2. If needed call CPS, might not feel so swell in the beginning but trust me you'll be happier in the end
  3. Contact family

Yeah, i grew up in Miami with some of my friends ending up in prison. I know them feels. If you feel physically threatened, that goes beyond discipline, find another place to live. My parents beat the shit out of me when i was growing up, I'm glad they did though. I was a dumbass.

Wow, see this is totally different that your original post! Now your saying that he is physically hurting people. that is serious, and as numerous people have already said, you need to call what ever version of Child Protection agency you have in the USA.

I don't know what the police situation is in your community, but if you feel safe doing so then you should contact the police. They should (at least they would in my country) contact the agency responsible for child protection in your area.

This sounds clearly beyond and more serious then "my fathers a asshole" He as shot somebody, and now you are saying that he regularly uses weapons to intimidate people.... you don't sound like you are in a safe environment. 

Having a suggestion that a 15 year old should obtain a taser or firearm isn't the best of advice you know.

In all honesty, they have to pretty much wait it out or ask a family member for help because I don't see their dad listening to a "sit-down kinda talk" where you express your concerns. My instincts tell me he doesn't care all that much about his actions in the first place otherwise he wouldn't be acting the way he does.

Yet you fail to see that I typed numerous paragraphs explaining that I think he should find his way to Aunt's house and settle down away from this mess? Never mind... he needs help here. No more arguing.

See, this is what I mean by danger. Find somebody safe to live with for now, your dad is not an option. Sorry. Don't want to see you harmed. Call Aunt, call friends, anybody. Find somewhere to be for awhile. Call somebody of legal authority to take care of your dad. He's an alcholic and it is not safe to be around him.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Your dad's a f***ing stoner, make a deal with him.

Just say stuff like you will cook dinner a couple times in the week or something. Get him a drink when you get yourself one, just be nice to him and explain that you really don't want to move because you are set where you are and it will affect your future career etc. otherwise.

I'm sure you could negotiate something with him, either that or say that you will end up taking up smoking pot because you would be all around it and show him how much of a tool you could turn into.

I dunno, your situation really isn't that bad and could easily be fixed by communication. Find another place around the area that you guys can afford (without a housemate) and go from there.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Talk to your dad one-on-one about your feelings. If that doesn't work, explain to another one of your family.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub