Issues with my father

Vegetable

Ok, before I start, yes I know this is a tech forums, and yes I know this is a lot to take in. To begin, me (15) and my father don't quite have the best relationship. We argue a lot over ANYTHING, and he's overall an asshole. We have a room mate named jeff, and he is a waste of oxygen. He is completely stupid and is a drunk to make it worse. For example, (and this is not made up) I was arguing with jeff and tried to explain algebra because he claimed he knew all math. So i say you have 6 - x = 3, and so x would equal 3 because 6 - 3 = 3, right? Well he takes that and says, "So X is always 3 huh? I got it man." <--- THE FUCK? Ok, so know you know my situation, and my dad and jeff nearly fist fight weekly, honestly if I wasn't there to step in I think my dad would kill him. He threatens to beat him up all the time at any moment, so I think that is a serious issue. Now on to the main problem. My dad is a pot head. Like major pothead, always has been, always will be. He wants to move all the way from TN to Colorado for obvious reasons. Lets begin on how this would effect me. First, I am an introvert. I have only 6 friends and I'm VERY close to them. I have horrible social skills, like I don't even go in public because I don't want to talk to people. If we move to colorado, my friends? I will never see them again. I would have to make new friends but I'm afraid to and I can avoid that situation entirely by STAYING IN TENNESSEE. After I bring that up he says, well pot (brings up useless news reports of some children who need pot for seizures and such so they had to go to CO to get it), but... but.... you're not... ughh. He makes no valid points. Then he brings up the point that he's been in Tennessee for 42 years, and so he wants something new. Cool, I respect that, but after 42 years you can't tough out 3 more so your own child doesn't hate you? I'm just in a shit situation. My mother couldn't provide me a home if she wanted to, and I have an aunt but IDK how she would feel after her youngest FINALLY left for college. I just need help. I want to stop fighting my dad, I want him to stop fighting jeff, I don't want to move to colorado, and I want my dad to grow the fuck up. Anything helps I've been crying for an hour now.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

i would make a daddy issues joke ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but that would not be appropriate.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I'd say explain the situation to your aunt to see if she might let you stay with her, and possibly consider notifying the police of the fighting and such :/

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'd say explain the situation to your aunt to see if she might let you stay with her, and possibly consider notifying the police of the fighting and such :/

Well its not like they're physically fighting but its going to happen soon. I have no clue what to do and I'm scared what'll happen if he's thrown in jail.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

Ok, before I start, yes I know this is a tech forums, and yes I know this is a lot to take in. To begin, me (15) and my father don't quite have the best relationship. We argue a lot over ANYTHING, and he's overall an asshole. We have a room mate named jeff, and he is a waste of oxygen. He is completely stupid and is a drunk to make it worse. For example, (and this is not made up) I was arguing with jeff and tried to explain algebra because he claimed he knew all math. So i say you have 6 - x = 3, and so x would equal 3 because 6 - 3 = 3, right? Well he takes that and says, "So X is always 3 huh? I got it man." <--- THE FUCK? Ok, so know you know my situation, and my dad and jeff nearly fist fight weekly, honestly if I wasn't there to step in I think my dad would kill him. He threatens to beat him up all the time at any moment, so I think that is a serious issue. Now on to the main problem. My dad is a pot head. Like major pothead, always has been, always will be. He wants to move all the way from TN to Colorado for obvious reasons. Lets begin on how this would effect me. First, I am an introvert. I have only 6 friends and I'm VERY close to them. I have horrible social skills, like I don't even go in public because I don't want to talk to people. If we move to colorado, my friends? I will never see them again. I would have to make new friends but I'm afraid to and I can avoid that situation entirely by STAYING IN TENNESSEE. After I bring that up he says, well pot (brings up useless news reports of some children who need pot for seizures and such so they had to go to CO to get it), but... but.... you're not... ughh. He makes no valid points. Then he brings up the point that he's been in Tennessee for 42 years, and so he wants something new. Cool, I respect that, but after 42 years you can't tough out 3 more so your own child doesn't hate you? I'm just in a shit situation. My mother couldn't provide me a home if she wanted to, and I have an aunt but IDK how she would feel after her youngest FINALLY left for college. I just need help. I want to stop fighting my dad, I want him to stop fighting jeff, I don't want to move to colorado, and I want my dad to grow the fuck up. Anything helps I've been crying for an hour now.

Your dad is a shitshow. If you can get some sort of help from Child Protective services or the like then that may be your best bet. The room-mate doesn't seem to be your problem but he's just a moron. You may be able to find some sympathy from him.

it sounds to me like your parents are divorced. Do you have any other family or friends you can stay with in Tennessee? Do you feel like you're in danger around your dad? It may be beneficial to hold some sort of protective device like a taser locked away in your room. For now I would explain this to the parent of a close friend of yours that you know well and ask to stay with them.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

This may sound totally stupid... But in the Netherlands there are shelters for kids that don't have a good home situation. Are you sure you can't apply for something like that in your area?

Your dad is a shitshow. If you can get some sort of help from Child Protective services or the like then that may be your best bet. The room-mate doesn't seem to be your problem but he's just a moron. You may be able to find some sympathy from him.

it sounds to me like your parents are divorced. Do you have any other family or friends you can stay with in Tennessee? Do you feel like you're in danger around your dad? It may be beneficial to hold some sort of handgun locked away in your room if you feel like he will hurt you. For now I would explain this to the parent of a close friend of yours that you know well and ask to stay with them.

'hand gun locked away in your room' welcome to america boys

it sounds to me like your parents are divorced. Do you have any other family or friends you can stay with in Tennessee? Do you feel like you're in danger around your dad? It may be beneficial to hold some sort of handgun locked away in your room if you feel like he will hurt you. For now I would explain this to the parent of a close friend of yours that you know well and ask to stay with them.

He's no threat to my physically. He is just a jackass with a big mouth (though poor jeff wouldn't fare too well, he's a toothpick) and I COULD stay with my aunt for a little while but not permanently and she lives outside of the county my highschool is in :/

'hand gun locked away in your room' welcome to america boys

If your parent is beating you up then the least you can do is have a taser or weak hangun to protect yourself with.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

This may sound totally stupid... But in the Netherlands there are shelters for kids that don't have a good home situation. Are you sure you can't apply for something like that in your area?

I have a friend who had to do this and lets just say its as close to a concentration camp as legally possible

I feel like these type of posts are far more fitting for a website like reddit. No offense, just putting it out there.

please go to ur aunt... Dont tell your father... Just call ur aunt tell her whats going on and leave.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

If your parent is beating you up then the least you can do is have a taser or weak hangun to protect yourself with.

You can't beat violence with more violence..

Everything he had said. And please, do contact child protective services. I really don't want you to get hurt in any way, so contact them and you will be safe.

I have a friend who had to do this and lets just say its as close to a concentration camp as legally possible

Can't you ask your friends to help you out?

He's no threat to my physically. He is just a jackass with a big mouth (though poor jeff wouldn't fare too well, he's a toothpick) and I COULD stay with my aunt for a little while but not permanently and she lives outside of the county my highschool is in :/

I think that you may have to give up friends of yours to remain a happy person. Friends move away, go to different schools, die and generally leave your life as time goes on. Unless you come back to Tennessee later in your life you're going to breathe a sigh of relief getting out of that place. I would still live with somebody else ASAP, even if it is temporary.

You should probably talk with your dad and explain yourself to him, but first make sure he's not under the effect of anything. Don't argue, sit him down and talk with him calmly, try to reason with him, and if you really can't then seek help elsewhere. You are not alone, remember that. You have friends and family there to help you, go to them, even if it's really hard to talk to someone IRL about it remember this, staying quiet will do no better. Ask your mom, your aunt, a friend's parents, a teacher, the police, no matter who, reach out to someone.

i'm a potato

Ok, before I start, yes I know this is a tech forums, and yes I know this is a lot to take in. 

Yea, it is a tech forum but some times people just need to vent.

We argue a lot over ANYTHING, and he's overall an asshole.

Alright, so he's an asshole... I've never met a teenager who hasn't thought one or both of their parents are assholes at one point or another. Right now you're saying he's an asshole, but you obviously still care about him because you also say that you just want him to "stop fighting" and to "grow up" ... that's not something you would say if you didn't care. I had a very poor relationship with my own mother growing up. Had nothing but bad memories of here. As you described with your dad, my mom and I always fought and got into huge arguments... My mom has even called the cops on me numerous times just out of spite. With that said, she's still my mom, and once I moved out of the house hold and away from her my situation with her improved GREATLY! 

You mentioned your aunt. I would recommend talking to her. She might be willing to help you out. If your relationship with your father is so toxic, then you need to move out. I can almost guarantee that once you move away from your dad your relationship with him will improve.

call social help? if you have that in usa...

...we have that here and children can call and ask for help ,family trouble etc.

and i also have social problems

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You can't beat violence with more violence..

Ever heard of self-defense (Tae-Kwon-Do/Karate/Judo etc) ? That is the same concept yet on a more immediate scale. If his dad were to maim him blind then he would've appreciated the existence of something to stun his dad with. I might feel that a taser would be an acceptable choice here (reasons I don't want to get in to) as it's a stun object and won't likely kill him. However I would deem it a good idea to have something to protect himself with.

Ever heard of self-defense (Tae-Kwon-Do/Karate/Judo etc) ? That is the same concept yet on a more immediate scale. If his dad were to maim him blind then he would've appreciated the existence of something to stun his dad with. I might feel that a taser would be an acceptable choice here (reasons I don't want to get in to) as it's a stun object and won't likely kill him. However I would deem it a good idea to have something to protect himself with.

You're nucking futs lol