Issues with my father

Vegetable

You're nucking futs lol

I'm nuts for wanting this guy to be kept safe if in danger. Well some person I am for wanting to keep someone alive!

I can also let the gun-nut loose @Trik'Stari (or tagging can just not work)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You're nucking futs lol

You cant argue with Americans when it comes to their guns @HoiDaniel

Its strange to everybody else in the world when a suggestion to a 15 year old is to "keep a gun in their bedroom"... but to Americans that's normal to them. They sure love their second amendment 

If your parent is beating you up then the least you can do is have a taser or weak hangun to protect yourself with.

Call CPS.....

OP

Have you ever tried talking to your dad about this? If your going to end up in CO to smoke pot, chances are you're going to lose everything. WA pot laws are similar to CO and they are pretty straight(jail time, heavy fines).

Moving to another state would cost a lot of money and if your going to dig yourself in a hole by buying pot, you won't have enough to provide for yourself and family.

Say to you dad, 3 years ain't much? Once I'm gone, you could do whatever i want since i'm not here. And all that other time, you could go and think about your choices, see what if affects. I can probably provide for you once you give me these years to have a higher education and a job. 

Its strange to everybody else in the world when a suggestion to a 15 year old is to "keep a gun in their bedroom"... but to Americans that's normal to them. They sure love their second amendment 

I did say taser. If you want an explanation as to why not a gun I can PM you that.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Haha lol! So true!

Who the fuck does that.......

There's certain parts of America where things are considered right and wrong.......

Keeping a gun in this state seems messed up meanwhile it might be okay in another state. 

Haha lol! So true!

God, you say once that a person should be allowed to protect themselves in the event of emergency with a weapon designed to do such a thing and people tell you you're insane -___-

I'm nuts for wanting this guy to be kept safe if in danger. Well some person I am for wanting to keep someone alive!

I can also let the gun-nut loose @Trik'Stari (or tagging can just not work)

My friend from highschool was in a similar situation, he ended up moving at out 16 living at his own place. We were both working part time so i helped him pay rent. Although his dad wasn't abusive just a dumb drunk who made it his mission to see his son not go to college. He's in law school now. ;D His dad wouldn't try shit like that on him, both of us are over 6ft and we were in football together.

Please watch the arguing.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

My friend from highschool was in a similar situation, he ended up moving at out 16 living at his own place. We were both working part time so i helped him pay rent. Although his dad wasn't abusive just a dumb drunk who made it his mission to see his son not go to college. He's in law school now. ;D His dad wouldn't try shit like that on him, both of us are over 6ft and we were in football together.

If you want to assume that the dad isn't completely out of his mind and isn't taller than the OP who is 15 then you can do it. I revised my post earlier to say taser rather than handgun after some thought. Either way the OP needs to find his way out of his father's house.

If you want to assume that the dad isn't completely out of his mind and isn't taller than the OP who is 15 then you can do it. I revised my post earlier to say taser rather than handgun after some though. Either way the OP needs to find his way out of his father's house.

So he hasn't tried calling child services? I mean i don't know how the process of being placed in another home is but i imagine it wouldn't be pleasant. When i was 15 i was well aware that my friend should have stopped living with his father, which he did end up doing.

People on here are HUGELY over reacting to a 15 YEAR OLD! He (or she, we don't know gender) has said MULTIPLE TIMES that they don't feel like they are in danger and that their father has never physically harmed them. They are just concerned because of his alcoholic nature, and that he is a general ass hole.

Telling a 15 year old to go get a gun is beyond the stupidest think I have ever heard in my life... even in american standards that's retarded. No Americans I know would ever recommend to a 15 year old to go get a gun.

Now to get back on track. Go to a friends house, go to your aunts house, go to somebodies house. Eventually you will have to sit down and talk to your dad. The key word there is TALK. Don't get angry, don't yell, don't storm out of the room... sit down, be mature (even if it means being more mature then your dad) and have a conversation. Share your feelings and concerns.

Frankly, your concerned about losing your friends, and that can be tough, but unfortunately the truth is that once you leave high school (secondary school) you are going to lose contact with most, if not all of your friends. They are going to move away, go to post secondary education, or just try and get a fresh start themselves. When I left high school I lost contact with almost all my friends, and now only keep in touch with 2 of my high school friends through the internet.

That's life, friends come and go. It is perfectly fine to vent a little or ask for help here. This is a great community, and most of us will listen and provide advice if possible.

*EDIT* the member who suggested that the OP get a handgun revised their comments, and changed handgun to stun gun... In my opinion, still not the solution, but at least they are recommending that a 15 year old go get a hand gun and potentially shoot their father.

Edited by Godlygamer23

So he hasn't tried calling child services? I mean i don't know how the process of being placed in another home is but i imagine it wouldn't be pleasant. When i was 15 i was well aware that my friend should have stopped living with his father, which he did end up doing.

I would think that living with his (by the sounds of things: impoverished) aunt may be better still. Child Protective Services, according to the OP, sound like a not-so-pleasant deal. Moving homes at that age is terrible, yes, but either way he has to stay with his father (clearly not suited to be one) or find a better place to live and feel the understandable pain of moving schools and losing friends. I think his dilemma is that he values his friends more than his aggravated father and they mean a lot to him so leaving them, to him, means nobody to turn to and, for some amount of time it will be like this. I would hope that he can find a way out that makes things easier for him :)

People on here are HUGELY over reacting to a 15 YEAR OLD! He (or she, we don't know gender) has said MULTIPLE TIMES that they don't feel like they are in danger and that their father has never physically harmed them. They are just concerned because of his alcoholic nature, and that he is a general ass hole.

Telling a 15 year old to go get a gun is beyond the stupidest think I have ever heard in my life... even in american standards that's retarded. No Americans I know would ever recommend to a 15 year old to go get a gun.

Now to get back on track. Go to a friends house, go to your aunts house, go to somebodies house. Eventually you will have to sit down and talk to your dad. The key word there is TALK. Don't get angry, don't yell, don't storm out of the room... sit down, be mature (even if it means being more mature then your dad) and have a conversation. Share your feelings and concerns.

Frankly, your concerned about losing your friends, and that can be tough, but unfortunately the truth is that once you leave high school (secondary school) you are going to lose contact with most, if not all of your friends. They are going to move away, go to post secondary education, or just try and get a fresh start themselves. When I left high school I lost contact with almost all my friends, and now only keep in touch with 2 of my high school friends through the internet.

That's life, friends come and go. It is perfectly fine to vent a little or ask for help here. This is a great community, and most of us will listen and provide advice if possible

I agree with everything but the last part of your post. I don't think its appropriate for the site. But w.e no mod has said anything so i'm assuming this kind of thread is a okay with them.

Yeah idk, half of my highschool friends ended up in prison or moving out of state. I only have two friends from highschool still, my friend from football(in law school) and my gf. @STRMfrmXMN

Edited by Godlygamer23

*EDIT* the member who suggested that the OP get a handgun revised their comments, and changed handgun to stun gun... In my opinion, still not the solution, but at least they are recommending that a 15 year old go get a hand gun and potentially *protect themselves in the event of danger*

Shooting someone to kill and shooting someone to harm them temporarily is far different. Somebody under the influence of alcohol like OP's dad is not to be trusted when getting aggressive like people do when they're drunk. I revised it from handgun after thought as it may be extreme (I do have other reasons that, like I've said, I will not mention on a thread) but I do think that if the OP feels like he is ever in danger that getting himself in the safest of positions is a good idea. 

But good god, you say "guns are for emergencies only" and people start ranting to you about how it's assumed that you want them to kill somebody... 

I agree with everything but the last part of your post. I don't think its appropriate for the site. But w.e no mod has said anything so i'm assuming this kind of thread is a okay with them.

Yea, the member who suggested a hand gun changed his position (rightfully so) and suggested a stun gun.... I still don't think that is the solution, but at least they aren't recommending a handgun to a kid. To that poster, sorry for calling you a moron, got caught up in the moment... could never figure out why Americans like their guns so much. Just doesn't make sense to me (I know its not fair to lump all americans into this category... i have a lot of american friends who aren't gun happy)

Shooting someone to kill and shooting someone to harm them temporarily is far different. Somebody under the influence of alcohol like OP's dad is not to be trusted when getting aggressive like people do when they're drunk. I revised it from handgun after thought as it may be extreme (I do have other reasons that, like I've said, I will not mention on a thread) but I do think that if the OP feels like he is ever in danger that getting himself in the safest of positions is a good idea. 

But good god, you say "guns are for emergencies only" and people start ranting to you about how it's assumed that you want them to kill somebody... 

Unfortunately a 15 year old child who's an introvert probably has no idea how to use a gun. So shooting to harm and shooting to kill might as well be the same thing.

You know, I've got a pretty hefty baseball bat...

You know, I've got a pretty hefty baseball bat...

HAHAHA, love it!

Yea, the member who suggested a hand gun changed his position (rightfully so) and suggested a stun gun.... I still don't think that is the solution, but at least they aren't recommending a handgun to a kid. To that poster, sorry for calling you a moron, got caught up in the moment... could never figure out why Americans like their guns so much. Just doesn't make sense to me (I know its not fair to lump all americans into this category... i have a lot of american friends who aren't like this)

Believe it or not I actually hate guns and everything they revolve around here (and how people think that the 2nd Amendment means anything to gun ownership. Like please, read into the history of the constitution first - your gun ownership rights were given to you literally to kill people with negative intentions). 

I do seriously wish that America could lower its gun tolerance a bit, however I have been in situations where I felt under serious danger (I live in a very crime-ridden area with impoverished people) and I feel that a protective object would make me feel somewhat relieved when walking down those sketchy streets in downtown Portland. I should note I've been in Martial arts for 6 years and have (through time and effort) earned my Black Belt in Shorin Ryu and still don't feel safe around people. 

Did I suggest that OP kill his dad? No. Do I think it's a good idea for him to put himself out of danger? Yes.

This may sound totally stupid... But in the Netherlands there are shelters for kids that don't have a good home situation. Are you sure you can't apply for something like that in your area?

They dont get nearly enough funding cuz capitilism

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Unfortunately a 15 year old child who's an introvert probably has no idea how to use a gun. So shooting to harm and shooting to kill might as well be the same thing.

I think you fail to understand how non-lethal some weapons are...

Ok, before I start, yes I know this is a tech forums, and yes I know this is a lot to take in. To begin, me (15) and my father don't quite have the best relationship. We argue a lot over ANYTHING, and he's overall an asshole. We have a room mate named jeff, and he is a waste of oxygen. He is completely stupid and is a drunk to make it worse. For example, (and this is not made up) I was arguing with jeff and tried to explain algebra because he claimed he knew all math. So i say you have 6 - x = 3, and so x would equal 3 because 6 - 3 = 3, right? Well he takes that and says, "So X is always 3 huh? I got it man." <--- THE FUCK? Ok, so know you know my situation, and my dad and jeff nearly fist fight weekly, honestly if I wasn't there to step in I think my dad would kill him. He threatens to beat him up all the time at any moment, so I think that is a serious issue. Now on to the main problem. My dad is a pot head. Like major pothead, always has been, always will be. He wants to move all the way from TN to Colorado for obvious reasons. Lets begin on how this would effect me. First, I am an introvert. I have only 6 friends and I'm VERY close to them. I have horrible social skills, like I don't even go in public because I don't want to talk to people. If we move to colorado, my friends? I will never see them again. I would have to make new friends but I'm afraid to and I can avoid that situation entirely by STAYING IN TENNESSEE. After I bring that up he says, well pot (brings up useless news reports of some children who need pot for seizures and such so they had to go to CO to get it), but... but.... you're not... ughh. He makes no valid points. Then he brings up the point that he's been in Tennessee for 42 years, and so he wants something new. Cool, I respect that, but after 42 years you can't tough out 3 more so your own child doesn't hate you? I'm just in a shit situation. My mother couldn't provide me a home if she wanted to, and I have an aunt but IDK how she would feel after her youngest FINALLY left for college. I just need help. I want to stop fighting my dad, I want him to stop fighting jeff, I don't want to move to colorado, and I want my dad to grow the fuck up. Anything helps I've been crying for an hour now.

THE FORUM WILL ALWAYS BE HERE TO SUPPORT ALL MEMBERS!