MSI 980TI Lightning Revealed [Reviewed by guru3d]

Rekx

Yeah nevermind I read it wrong, they were just talking about whether that Msi Titanium board is silver or white. Not the Lightning.

That x power isn't the official x power in a traditional sense. It is in their gaming line, and the x power has always been in their OC line.

So a new one will probably come out soon to continue their OC line.. Either that or they're ditching the x power oc board and just going to go all out on the m power.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I just want to know when it's going to launch... I love EVGA but this would look so good on my MPower build. :D

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

That x power isn't the official x power in a traditional sense. It is in their gaming line, and the x power has always been in their OC line.

So a new one will probably come out soon to continue their OC line.. Either that or they're ditching the x power oc board and just going to go all out on the m power.

Yea I know, the Lightning will most likely be black & yellow like it always is but it would be awesome to see a different color scheme for a change.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Also the teasers that came out back in June has their OC series stamp on them. Btw I read on OCN that NDA lift is apparently the end of this month.

http://videocardz.com/56288/msi-teasing-geforce-gtx-980-ti-lightning

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

with the recent tease how long u expect it to be buyable in the market ?

I have no idea but I'm hoping that it will be available to buy sometime in September.

I have no idea but I'm hoping that it will be available to buy sometime in September.

r u waiting for msi lightning 980ti too ? to buy or to see their flagship design? 

r u waiting for msi lightning 980ti too ? to buy or to see their flagship design? 

Yep I am, Im waiting to buy it as soon as its available.

Yep I am, Im waiting to buy it as soon as its available.

Hope you make a build vlog about it ;)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Hope you make a build vlog about it ;)

My buddy who has a YT channel is going to do a video and unboxing when I get it! I'll post plenty of pics of it in my rig as well :)

Here's his channel btw https://www.youtube.com/user/Wrecktagon/

Great news! An MSI employee has confirmed that the card will be out by the end of the month! @jesper101996 @Lays77ded2ac_Capture.PNG

Great news! An MSI employee has confirmed that the card will be out by the end of the month! @jesper101996 @Lays

Thread updated :-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Great news! An MSI employee has confirmed that the card will be out by the end of the month! @jesper101996 @Lays77ded2ac_Capture.PNG

buyable in end of the month ? or just release and is gonna take about another 2weeks- 1 month to be on the market.

buyable in end of the month ? or just release and is gonna take about another 2weeks- 1 month to be on the market.

By the sound of that buyable at the end of the month :)

I Want A Pink One

Plastidip is your friend ;)

If they do a Titanium Edition like they did with their new XPOWER board I will literally crap my pants. msi-z170-titanium.png

I like the grey/red scheme from Asus more tbh

ASUS-ROG-Maximus-VIII-Extreme-and-ASUS-R

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I like the grey/red scheme from Asus more tbh

ASUS-ROG-Maximus-VIII-Extreme-and-ASUS-R

Right but that's Asus not MSI, if you like Black & Red more thats what the MSI Gaming and the Asus Strix are for. :)

Right but that's Asus not MSI, if you like Black & Red more thats what the MSI Gaming and the Asus Strix are for. :)

I'm pretty sure Skylake colours are grey/red I see it everywhere. Can't wait to get the extreme motherboard to place it in a grey Air 540 case:

air540_hero_down_silver.png

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'm pretty sure Skylake colours are grey/red I see it everywhere. Can't wait to get the extreme motherboard to place it in a grey Air 540 case:

Hmmm might be the lighting in that pic, looks black/red to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi81vfXUhj4

Hmmm might be the lighting in that pic, looks black/red to me.

Come on... the heatsinks are grey

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Come on... the heatsinks are grey

Yeah thats true they're gunmetal/ silver. However imo most of the motherboard is black due to that I/O cover on the left side. qmxQzsd.jpg

from previous generations how much more additional is msi lightning compared to msi 6g ?

I knew them making a Titanium Edition was wishful thinking... Classic Black/Yellow color scheme and triple fan cooler confimed guys! Also looks like its possible the accents will be LED illuminated and RGB so you can change it to whatever color you want. @Lays @jesper101996 http://videocardz.com/57340/msi-geforce-gtx-980-ti-lightning-teased-once-again

Edit: I just noticed how those yellow accent rings spell out "O.C." pretty clever haha

500x1000px-LL-11ecf4db_CMw_HvQUwAES8Am.j