Back when discovery channel was good...

Air tree

God i miss the old discovery channel, now it's just filled with reality tv.

So sad. The History Channel Effect is the worst thing in the world...

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I gave up on discovery channel when humans became more frequent than animals 

They've just moved the good shows to one of their 15 other channels. If you only get one, yeah it sucks!

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Totally agree. The worst channel possibly is 'Animal' Planet. There are barely any shows about conservation or documentaries and 'reality' shows are a big part of the schedule. 

They've just moved the good shows to one of their 15 other channels. If you only get one, yeah it sucks!

Indeed they have. I was lucky enough to experience Discovery Science for a few days, and I was presently surprised to find a program about space exploration and the conditions in space. No truckers, gold diggers, fishermen or anything.

Anybody who knows if they still make Mythbusters? I'd love to see some new episodes, I really miss that. :/

it seems like BBC are the only people that are doing great nature shows :/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Anyone remember when History channel used to air good informative documentaries?

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

it seems like BBC are the only people that are doing great nature shows :/

ummmm if im not mistaken the BBC owns the Discovery Channel

EDIT:

Nevermind I'm wrong.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

My problem with the History Channel is that it would just have shows about the Nazis on the majority of the time.

Discovery Channel used to be great with all the cool shows like How Do They Do It, Hows Its Made and things like that. The only good thing they still show is MythBusters

Yeah the manufacturing and construction shows on discovery were the best! Those space documentaries on Science Channel were great too.

History channel showed plenty of WW2 stuff lol, but the greatest show they had was "Mail Call" hands down :lol:

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

American Chopper

Aye that was a good one too

I have watched so much Discovery channel when i grew up. I still have a loads of VHS taps form about 1998 to 2004 only with shows recorded form Discovery channel.

My problem with the History Channel is that it would just have shows about the Nazis on the majority of the time.

Discovery Channel used to be great with all the cool shows like How Do They Do It, Hows Its Made and things like that. The only good thing they still show is MythBusters

i actuely love documenteries about the third reich there are very interesting 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

National Geographic is the only decent channel I watch now since it actually shows documentaries about space, animals etc etc

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Every channel that I watched as a kid (History, Discovery, Animal Planet, etc.) is only playing stupid fucking fake ass reality garbage shows that no one wants or should want. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I remember when Discovery was sciency shows mixed in with survival shows, a few years later American Chopper showed up, I watched it and I hated it.

The whole family feud reality show bullsh*t was completely out of place on Discovery, 5 years later and the only show thats even remotely intelligent anymore is Mythbusters.

History is the same thing, we've gone from all sorts of entertaining historical and informational stuff to Aliens, truckers and pawn shops.

I mean what the actual f*ck?

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

The majority of the reality shows are shit however a few of them are some what good. Auction Hunters on Discovery Channel, the one in which they buy abandoned storage units. Sons of Guns is alright as the guns are pretty cool.

Yeah there are a few, but that's what they're marketing now. Mail call was an awesome show and so was Modern Marvels. Both of which used to be prime time shows at one point but now we have shit. Mythbusters is still on but they changed their format a few years back and EVERYTHING IS SCRIPTED AND HASHED!!!!!!!! I mean who wants Honey Boo Boo and duck dynasty? I don't! Pawn Stars and Hardcore Pawn are pathetic and just scripted. Nothing is real anymore because most of the audience anymore has a low IQ and an even lower attention span. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

there is still some good shows on Discovery, like the new season of river monsters

System : I7-6700K EK-Supremacy. . Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH . 16GB Kingston HyperX predator ddr4. Evga Supernova 750 G2. Samsung 850 250gb. Samsung 840 250gb.

Evga GTX780 Classified EK-780 Classy . NZXT H440 White. Alphacool ST30 240. HW Labs SR-1 360. Alphacool D5 vario. aquacomputer D5 pump/res combo  . logi G502. CM Quick fire blue.  Dell U2515H.

there is still some good shows on Discovery, like the new season of river monsters

I love River Monsters :)

Hail Sithis!

Mythbusters when it first came out was all about the facts but now it seems the entertainment value is put first. A good show though.

American Chopper was good when it first came out. I enjoyed the detailed bike designing and building. However once that came Senior vs Junior and focused more on the people than the bikes they were building it just got shit. Also why they aren't making an new episodes anymore.

Agreed on Mythbusters, now its just script and cheese.

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

The only reason I like the history channel is M.A.S.H.

I hate 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S