So wait, the monitor does not get editor's choice, because of AMD graphics cards? And it not being nvidia? I don't get it.

Maybe because Linus uses a GeForce card and can't use Quick Sync, which is one of the primary selling points of the monitor?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Is Acer still planning on releasing the XR341CKA in September?

Is Acer still planning on releasing the XR341CKA in September?

It was planning to release it at the end of August, but more recent news has it releasing later in October :/ 

Although some sites that have it listed for pre orders still have it set for August 28th. (Such as scan in the UK)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I think he forgot to mention how well free-sync on it works compared to previous displays.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Maybe because Linus uses a GeForce card and can't use Quick Sync, which is one of the primary selling points of the monitor?

Quick Sync is Intel. This Sync naming thing is getting pretty ridiculous. G-Sync is Nvidia, Freesync is AMD, Adaptive-Sync is theoretically everyone but actually only AMD, and oh Nvidia still has Adaptive Vsync just to get everyone thoroughly confused.

Anyway... sure, if you have a Geforce card, this is an awkward purchase at best. But that shouldn't really detract from the monitor. It's not their fault the graphics card makers have introduced incompatible features.

I think he forgot to mention how well free-sync on it works compared to previous displays.

Yeah true, would have been nice if he listed that it works between 30-75Hz

The video was a bit disappointing in general :unsure: not only because the product name was quoted wrongly so I thought he somehow got the g sync version. But then he forgot to mention some pretty important information (imo) 

Like the lack of a blur reduction mode in comparison to the x34 which is coming which will have ULMB ofc as it's g sync enabled. 

Or he could have tested it with a nvidia card to test if he experienced the alleged frame skipping of this particular monitor when at 75Hz (An issue reported by a couple of reviews) 

Or even just the fact it has an ambient light under it, was surprised he didn't address that aha.

Then he said one of the reasons why he hadn't switched to an IPS at home was because he didn't want to deal with low response times, which just left me like, huh? rly?  :huh:

I guess that's me being picky though, it was still a good video, and I guess anyone who is really interested in buying this monitor can always look up extremely detailed reviews online in text format, I guess there is only so much content you can put in a video before people become disinterested lol

It was nice to see he has a spectrophotometer now though! 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Hey Nick,

Interesting seeing this review, but it makes me wonder is Linus not going to review the ASUS MG279Q monitor?

Quick Sync is Intel. This Sync naming thing is getting pretty ridiculous. G-Sync is Nvidia, Freesync is AMD, Adaptive-Sync is theoretically everyone but actually only AMD, and oh Nvidia still has Adaptive Vsync just to get everyone thoroughly confused.

Anyway... sure, if you have a Geforce card, this is an awkward purchase at best. But that shouldn't really detract from the monitor. It's not their fault the graphics card makers have introduced incompatible features.

Both confused by the endless brands and annoyed by what accompanies them.

To the monitor,,,, not 100% sRGB, but then never had my hands on a monitor yet that actually supports 100% RGB when advertised (all tested with Spyder Elites),,, 98>99 yes, 100, no.

To get 100, the only time I have seen that is a totally different brand of monitor that starts by advertising Adobe RGB and colour Gamut on the 95%+.

But then its a single use monitor. 

All that said, got an old 17" Square AOC some where that does to this day show 100% sRGB,,, I don't know how, I don't know why, the damn thing was purchased when LCD panels were still a fairly new thing with my pocket money some 14 years ago. Only reason I dont use it,,,, guess the connection (VGA). Graphics cards dont support it (in the main) DVI adapters make it go skitzo. 

Would I have that monitor? Yes, it literally has everything I need god dammit! 

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

Nice source you have there.

Try this:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.CX1AA.001

or scroll down a bit where acer talks about it here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2015/158104

oh so the non A is the FreeSync

and the one with the A is G-Sync  :unsure:

boy the model number is confusing

They are both 75hz if I recall correctly,

DP can only handle up to 85hz 3440x1440 ( if 3440x2160 60hz is the limit )

3440x1440 at 75Hz or 100Hz is no issue with single DP 1.2

5K 60Hz is where you do need to use dual DP

The XR341CKA is the G sync one, now renamed to x34 or XR34 depending, that one is rumoured to be 100Hz on release, and it is most likely going to be, big sites like tftcentral have 'confirmed it' but it will 100% be 75Hz if not. 

The Freesync one is the Acer XR341CK. (With NO A) but yes at 75Hz. The title of the video is wrong :(

DP 1.2 can handle upto 109Hz @3440x1440 w/ 32-bit colour depth, or 3840x2160 @60Hz which is 15.93Gbit/s, 3440x1440 @100Hz is less than that, at 15.85Gbit/s

And the G sync version isn't 100% confirmed to be 100Hz, but most sites are saying it will be now: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/34.htm#acer_x34_100hz https://pcmonitors.info/acer/acer-xr341ck-and-x34-75hz-and-100hz-curved-ips-models/

They are probably the 2 'best' monitor sites that have 'confirmed' it.

The real perfect monitor is when you combine the power of IPS panel ,5K res, perfect 100% Adobe colour, 10bit colour , FreeSync, G-Sync and effective refresh rate of 60-85Hz

if one can dream of it

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The real perfect monitor is when you combine the power of IPS panel ,5K res, perfect 100% Adobe colour, 10bit colour , FreeSync, G-Sync and effective refresh rate of 60-85Hz

if one can dream of it

Give me a 100Hz, 3440x1440, g sync, IPS, 72% NTSC, 8 bit + FRC, with an avg delta E of below 3, and a fully adjustable stand, and with a professional design like the LG 34UC87 (Not like some kids gaming design *x34*) and I'd be more than happy to drop £1000 on it today and call it my perfect monitor. 

That for me would be my 'realistic' perfect monitor right now, in the sense that it could actually be achieved and the technology already exists to make it happen, I would take that over any other possible do able concept right now.  

Give me a 100Hz, 3440x1440, g sync, IPS, 72% NTSC, 8 bit + FRC, with an avg delta E of below 3, and a fully adjustable stand, and with a professional design like the LG 34UC87 (Not like some kids gaming design *x34*) and I'd be more than happy to drop £1000 on it today and call it my perfect monitor. 

That for me would be my 'realistic' perfect monitor right now, in the sense that it could actually be achieved and the technology already exists to make it happen, I would take that over any other possible do able concept right now.  

yea i say give it a year or 2 and we may see more monitors better than what is offered

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Yeah true, would have been nice if he listed that it works between 30-75Hz

The video was a bit disappointing in general :unsure: not only because the product name was quoted wrongly so I thought he somehow got the g sync version. But then he forgot to mention some pretty important information (imo) 

Like the lack of a blur reduction mode in comparison to the x34 which is coming which will have ULMB ofc as it's g sync enabled. 

Or he could have tested it with a nvidia card to test if he experienced the alleged frame skipping of this particular monitor when at 75Hz (An issue reported by a couple of reviews) 

Or even just the fact it has an ambient light under it, was surprised he didn't address that aha.

Then he said one of the reasons why he hadn't switched to an IPS at home was because he didn't want to deal with low response times, which just left me like, huh? rly?  :huh:

I guess that's me being picky though, it was still a good video, and I guess anyone who is really interested in buying this monitor can always look up extremely detailed reviews online in text format, I guess there is only so much content you can put in a video before people become disinterested lol

It was nice to see he has a spectrophotometer now though! 

That's why OC3D TV exists. Linus videos are more fun to watch but when you really gonna spend 1100$ on a monitor...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

yea i say give it a year or 2 and we may see more monitors better than what is offered

Yeah hopefully, and at cheaper prices too  ^_^

That's why OC3D TV exists. Linus videos are more fun to watch but when you really gonna spend 1100$ on a monitor...

Lol yeah I'm already subbed to him as well, he is great for really long in depth videos, most of his vids are like 30mins, which is great for his style. 

But I was just saying some small things that could have been mentioned quickly in the LTT video, if people want a really in depth review of a specific monitor, I wouldn't point them towards either LTT or TTL. I would send them off to a site like tftcentral.

Lol yeah I'm already subbed to him as well, he is great for really long in depth videos, most of his vids are like 30mins, which is great for his style. 

But I was just saying some small things that could have been mentioned quickly in the LTT video, if people want a really in depth review of a specific monitor, I wouldn't point them towards either LTT or TTL. I would send them off to a site like tftcentral.

But I'm to lazy to read!  :P

I still think this monitor is pretty shit, heck for the same price I could get three of these Acer XB270HU's.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I really have no idea why I said Quick Sync... I meant frame sync my bad :P

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

If the G-SYNC version overclocks to 85hz too, I might get this to replace my Acer XB270HU. I'm not sure how bad 85hz is compared to glorious 144hz  :)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Never realized how small of a selection there was for 4K Gsync monitors in the 30" plus range.

the freesync 4k monitors above both 30 and 40" are coming out of the wood work.

at around 800 dollars shipped from korea, I think there is a 40" crossover that is closer to 700 dollars with freesync.

There are plenty of vrr monitors, at prices hundreds of dollars cheaper than gsync equivalents now that the korean players are making moves.  This is a good thing, unless you are like Linus and don't (and won't) use amd gpus in your own personal rig.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

graphics card maker  -s

adaptive sync is compatible with anyone who wants to make their gpus compatible in hardware, gsync will only ever be compatible with nvidia hardware.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

The XR341CKA is the G sync one, now renamed to x34 or XR34 depending, that one is rumoured to be 100Hz on release, and it is most likely going to be, big sites like tftcentral have 'confirmed it' but it will 100% be 75Hz if not. 

The Freesync one is the Acer XR341CK. (With NO A) but yes at 75Hz. The title of the video is wrong :(

DP 1.2 can handle upto 109Hz @3440x1440 w/ 32-bit colour depth, or 3840x2160 @60Hz which is 15.93Gbit/s, 3440x1440 @100Hz is less than that, at 15.85Gbit/s

And the G sync version isn't 100% confirmed to be 100Hz, but most sites are saying it will be now: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/34.htm#acer_x34_100hz https://pcmonitors.info/acer/acer-xr341ck-and-x34-75hz-and-100hz-curved-ips-models/

They are probably the 2 'best' monitor sites that have 'confirmed' it.

I derped,

I didn't take the correct pixel count for 4k / 3440x1440

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

at around 800 dollars shipped from korea, I think there is a 40" crossover that is closer to 700 dollars with freesync.

There are plenty of vrr monitors, at prices hundreds of dollars cheaper than gsync equivalents now that the korean players are making moves.  This is a good thing, unless you are like Linus and don't (and won't) use amd gpus in your own personal rig.

Oh not you again with your Korean monitors+ AMD circlejerk...

Just like the Philips BDM4065UC monitor, those things are made for productivity, NOT gaming.

Edit: I just watched that whole video, the monitor costs 790$ on Amazon with free shipping, how about VAT and import taxes? That would make it a +1000$ monitor.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Oh not you again with your Korean monitors+ AMD circlejerk...

Just like the Philips BDM4065UC monitor, those things are made for productivity, NOT gaming.

Edit: I just watched that whole video, the monitor costs 790$ on Amazon with free shipping, how about VAT and import taxes? That would make it a +1000$ monitor.

I'm American.  No vat.  it will come down further though

And yes, I keep mentioning these because this is where smart people spend money who want to get the most for their money.  

<vid>

Its fine. In another year or two Nvidia will adopt freesync/adaptive-sync while still offering gsync. I don't think they really have a choice in the long run unless prices come down. Those who want the customized gsync module display so they can game at sub-30fps smoothly can continue to do so, while anyone else can game at 60+ fps on a cheaper freesync display regardless of their GPU choice. I think its an inevitable outcome.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

so realy bugging me right now what's that video of like floating islands and air ships they always have running and where can i get it? cheers

so realy bugging me right now what's that video of like floating islands and air ships they always have running and where can i get it? cheers

It's a benchmarking software called Unigine Heaven :)

https://unigine.com/products/heaven/