Build Log: 1969 Corvette Stingray (C3)

Derranged

Thanks man, and have fun with your Porsche. Make sure to have a look at the cost of replacement parts before buying the car. I haven't looked into them but if parts aren't manufactured anymore, you're going to have a fun time finding parts for a decent price.

The thing is that there are 3 of em for around the same price so i might get 2 just for spare parts. Oh and Porche 924s arent actually that rare. Its just running ones that are lol.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Best sting ray i have ever seen, simple clean and understated.

Best sting ray i have ever seen, simple clean and understated.

-snip-

I agree with you on that one, always loved how they modified it.

Still waiting on a new rag-joint and fuel sender unit to arrive from America, I ordered them last week and they still haven't even left the country. I can see this is going to be a major problem for whenever I need to get something done "quickly".

We're also looking at outfitting the rear end with a coil over shocks kit instead of its stock leaf spring arrangement, still looking into which one to get. This will likely happen later though so don't get too exicted for that update :P

Still waiting on a new rag-joint and fuel sender unit to arrive from America, I ordered them last week and they still haven't even left the country. I can see this is going to be a major problem for whenever I need to get something done "quickly".

We're also looking at outfitting the rear end with a coil over shocks kit instead of its stock leaf spring arrangement, still looking into which one to get. This will likely happen later though so don't get too exicted for that update :P

Our shipping services can be pretty slow if you don't get one day shipping. Dx

You should totally build an IRS for the 'Vette.

Our shipping services can be pretty slow if you don't get one day shipping. Dx

You should totally build an IRS for the 'Vette.

You Americans should pull yourselves together! Heh.

We have an IRS pulled from a VE commodore, however we will need to make heavy modifications to the body and tub to fit it in. There's kits such as the Sharkbite and Ridetech that modernise the entire rear end which we have been looking at.

You Americans should pull yourselves together! Heh.

We have an IRS pulled from a VE commodore, however we will need to make heavy modifications to the body and tub to fit it in. There's kits such as the Sharkbite and Ridetech that modernise the entire rear end which we have been looking at.

Can't believe how long it takes me to get something from California.. I feel terrible for how long it'll take you to get something.

Yay! Modifications! How much of the car will get a knife taken to it?

Yay! Modifications! How much of the car will get a knife taken to it?

Not too much, hopefully. It's just a little bit of the tub behind the little storage comparments in behind the seats. The main thing will be modifying the chassis to accommodate the entire assembly. I reckon it would just be easier and better to get a proper kit for the car, atleast I know it will work that way.

Not too much, hopefully. It's just a little bit of the tub behind the little storage comparments in behind the seats. The main thing will be modifying the chassis to accommodate the entire assembly. I reckon it would just be easier and better to get a proper kit for the car, atleast I know it will work that way.

Nonsense, that'd be taking the easy route.

Nonsense, that'd be taking the easy route.

I don't always have an amazing amount of time to be working on the car, so I usually want to have the most efficient system be put into place. If I went with the commodore IRS it would require chassis modification and ENGINEERING. We actually need an engineer to look over the modification to certify it's safe to use. Which can cost between $500 to $1000. The engine and brake modifications made to our ute cost $1500... so yeah, sort of helps to avoid engineering hassles.

I don't always have an amazing amount of time to be working on the car, so I usually want to have the most efficient system be put into place. If I went with the commodore IRS it would require chassis modification and ENGINEERING. We actually need an engineer to look over the modification to certify it's safe to use. Which can cost between $500 to $1000. The engine and brake modifications made to our ute cost $1500... so yeah, sort of helps to avoid engineering hassles.

I say you don't modify the car, but rather just smack the thing in to the rear and weld it in place.

I say you don't modify the car, but rather just smack the thing in to the rear and weld it in place.

Worth a try! /s

Mate, the conversation with TMR here would be hilarious if a police officer caught us with that. It would still require an engineer to ensure that it's safe.

Anyway, the Ridetech and Sharkbite systems are IRS kits. They're also quite awesome and simply bolt into place. Plus they're new and use the original differential. The commodore IRS has the diff mounted to the center of it.

Worth a try! /s

Mate, the conversation with TMR here would be hilarious if a police officer caught us with that. It would still require an engineer to ensure that it's safe.

Anyway, the Ridetech and Sharkbite systems are IRS kits. They're also quite awesome and simply bolt into place. Plus they're new and use the original differential. The commodore IRS has the diff mounted to the center of it.

More welds = safe /s

Can't wait to see what you do. :)

Finding old american cars is really hard it Australia. Did you buy it locally or did you import it from America? And did you need any special permissions or anything to drive that left hand drive car?

I might get hate for this but the 1967 Mercury Cougar is a better looking vehicle my dad has one but he is currently working on fixing it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Finally, a car build log that's worthwhile (and yes, I'm looking at you mustang owners. Unless it came from the 70's, you're just another hick with a " 'stang")

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Finding old american cars is really hard it Australia. Did you buy it locally or did you import it from America? And did you need any special permissions or anything to drive that left hand drive car?

I bought it from a friend locally, and no there's no laws against left hand drives. You used to require to be in a club such as Shannons and sort of be expempted to drive it. However the laws have been changed and it's fully registered, one if the reasons I bought the car.

I might get hate for this but the 1967 Mercury Cougar is a better looking vehicle my dad has one but he is currently working on fixing it

Everybody has a shape in mind that they love, I grew up with an attraction to the curves of the Stingray, plus it's more of a sportscar.

(Double Posting due to me using my phone)

Everybody has a shape in mind that they love, I grew up with an attraction to the curves of the Stingray, plus it's more of a sportscar.

(Double Posting due to me using my phone)

well I prefer stuff like the dodge challenger and charger over the corvette and cougar

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I bought it from a friend locally, and no there's no laws against left hand drives. You used to require to be in a club such as Shannons and sort of be expempted to drive it. However the laws have been changed and it's fully registered, one if the reasons I bought the car.

I heard that as long as the car is over 30 years old, then it is legal. But newer cars that are left hand drive need to be converted to right hand drive, which can be pretty expensive. Have you had any trouble finding parts for the car in Australia?

I heard that as long as the car is over 30 years old, then it is legal. But newer cars that are left hand drive need to be converted to right hand drive, which can be pretty expensive. Have you had any trouble finding parts for the car in Australia?

That's also correct, but I think you can still get an exemption for the newer cars, and yeah I have to import all of the parts from American. Waiting on a rag-joint and a new fuel sender unit.

That's also correct, but I think you can still get an exemption for the newer cars, and yeah I have to import all of the parts from American. Waiting on a rag-joint and a new fuel sender unit.

Fuel sender unit? You mean fuel pump? And since when do carbureted vehicles use a fuel pump? In my experience, most of them used vacuum pressure from the intake on the engine to draw fuel.

Granted, my experience is limited. I've just never seen a carbureted vehicle use a fuel pump.

Fuel sender unit? You mean fuel pump? And since when do carbureted vehicles use a fuel pump? In my experience, most of them used vacuum pressure from the intake on the engine to draw fuel.

Granted, my experience is limited. I've just never seen a carbureted vehicle use a fuel pump.

Fuel sender can mean fuel gauge sensor as well. Carburated engines used a crank driven pump, as the tank is typically lower than the engine and would take a lot of cranking for any vacuum to pull the fuel up. Many people swap it out for an electric inline pump. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Fuel sender can mean fuel gauge sensor as well. Carburated engines used a crank driven pump, as the tank is typically lower than the engine and would take a lot of cranking for any vacuum to pull the fuel up. Many people swap it out for an electric inline pump. 

Interesting. Never seen one of those.

Learn something every day. Granted I dropped out of auto mechanic classes because the teachers and fellow students were all jackasses.

Interesting. Never seen one of those.

Learn something every day. Granted I dropped out of auto mechanic classes because the teachers and fellow students were all jackasses.

The other guy beat me to it, the fuel gauge isn't working and the usual culprit is the sender unit which sits in the bottom of the tank. It can be accessed from underneath the car. It's just worrying when you can't see how much fuel you have in a car that drinks fuel like water at a rave :P