How can I add more padding to my chair?

byalexandr

Hey all, my chair is okay, I got for like $40 at Wal-Mart ('Merica!) but the bottom padding is a bit lack luster and I can feel the frame of the chair when I sit down. Is there any way I can add padding to the chair, maybe take it apart and put a towel or something in there and seal it back up again? Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

P.S. Tight on money, so just buying a new chair isn't an option. I have already done all I can to make the chair more comfortable, I just want to some extra padding on the bottom part where I sit.

old pillows or towels/blankets.

get a fatter ass

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Hey all, my chair is okay, I got for like $40 at Wal-Mart ('Merica!) but the bottom padding is a bit lack luster and I can feel the frame of the chair when I sit down. Is there any way I can add padding to the chair, maybe take it apart and put a towel or something in there and seal it back up again? Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

P.S. Tight on money, so just buying a new chair isn't an option. I have already done all I can to make the chair more comfortable, I just want to some extra padding on the bottom part where I sit.

superglue and a pillow

lol. what does your chair look like?

old pillows or towels/blankets.

I know, but is there any way I can put it under the seat cover? It looks like it is attached with staples, and I do have a staple gun.

Nothing wrong with the chairs from wally world :)

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I guess you could depending on the chair most are stapled down at the edge where the fabric or leather is, if you can carefully remove them and install new foam and re-stretch and staple it back down the material with staple gun it's possible.

If you really want to overdo it, strip off the fabric and put some high quality padding in it and then put it back on. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I guess you could depending on the chair most are stapled down at the edge where the fabric or leather is, if you can carefully remove them and install new foam and re-stretch and staple it back down the material with staple gun it's possible.

That sounds like what I'm going to have to do. I want something a little more elegant than just stapling a pillow to my chair.

superglue and a pillow

lol. what does your chair look like?

Literally the third picture when I searched for 'office chair'. Nothing special, I really want a DXRacer or something but they are so damn expensive. I can pull a seat out of my old Fiat Spider convertible sitting in the garage and use that for now, but I don't know how easy it would be to make an adapter plate thingy.

post-2597-0-38297200-1438492861.jpg

post-2597-0-38297200-1438492861.jpg

I always used a pillow

The point is to have a something a little more thought out than just slapping a pillow on there. Plus it slides around from how much I fidget when I play BF4 lol.

If you really want to overdo it, strip off the fabric and put some high quality padding in it and then put it back on. 

I've done this a few times and it works magic stuff. It's not as hard as you might think, just staple the fabric back on or glue it. Cutting the foam takes patience if you don't get it pre-sculpted.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I've done this a few times and it works magic stuff. It's not as hard as you might think, just staple the fabric back on or glue it. Cutting the foam takes patience if you don't get it pre-sculpted.

Foam? Will a couple towels nicely placed do the trick? Don't really have any foam on hand.

I'm in the same situation, except my chair was from salvation army and cost $18 lol

I'm currently using a blanket I folded up a shitload.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'm in the same situation, except my chair was from salvation army and cost $18 lol

I'm currently using a blanket I folded up a shitload.

Did you just pile it on top or did you put it under the seat cover/leather/cloth/etc?

Did you just pile it on top or did you put it under the seat cover/leather/cloth/etc?

Just piled it on top

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Foam? Will a couple towels nicely placed do the trick? Don't really have any foam on hand.

Foam is cheap if you get it at a fabric store. Pillows can be comfy but stuffing from them would be more preferred. The pillows themselves might be too thick. Just use the cloth that came with the seats to fit them back on.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

tissue paper, I'm sure you have plenty of that lying around  ;)

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Foam is cheap if you get it at a fabric store. Pillows can be comfy but stuffing from them would be more preferred. The pillows themselves might be too thick. Just use the cloth that came with the seats to fit them back on.

I was also thinking I could steal one of the seats out of my project car:

post-2597-0-62676500-1438493878.jpg

As the seat has MUCH more padding than this office chair, but I would have to make an adapter plate to fit it onto the gas cylinder that the chair uses. Maybe I can get a nice seat out of a car in a junk yard as well?

I was also thinking I could steal one of the seats out of my project car:

attachicon.gifFiat-124-Spider-Back-View.jpg

As the seat has MUCH more padding than this office chair, but I would have to make an adapter plate to fit it onto the gas cylinder that the chair uses. Maybe I can get a nice seat out of a car in a junk yard as well?

That actually isn't a bad idea. If the Fiat has padding left in the seats and you plan on replacing them then it's a good source.

tissue paper, I'm sure you have plenty of that lying around  ;)

I... I don't know how I should respond to this. Kleenex? I don't have any tissue paper lying around, and I think some towels or something would be better?

What are you trying to say m8

That actually isn't a bad idea. If the Fiat has padding left in the seats and you plan on replacing them then it's a good source.

No I was just going to pull the seat out and use it as my chair, I would just make an adapter plate to fit it onto the swivel part of my current chair. Can't really pull it apart or anything, still need it.

No I was just going to pull the seat out and use it as my chair, I would just make an adapter plate to fit it onto the swivel part of my current chair. Can't really pull it apart or anything, still need it.

That might be difficult. Not something I've ever done but I don't see why you shouldn't try it :)

That might be difficult. Not something I've ever done but I don't see why you shouldn't try it :)

I think I will give it a try, if it doesn't work out I can always just add some padding like you said. Thanks!