The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Used to be a flightsimmer, FSX only, until I found out that 10 fps is not okay. Since then I have been saving up for a better rig with FSX, which I will hopefully get next month.

Is FSX:SE worth buying, if one owns the Gold Edition on disc already? Also, how does it run on Windows 10?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

@AlwaysFSX maybe change the title to just "the hanger-Aviation enthusiast club" 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

snip

I LOVE this youtuber, his video "office 40,000 feet in the sky" or whatever is my fav video.. soo amazing

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I have the game somewhere... maybe i should install it? never played it :P

My SuperSex PC! (buyng stage)  i5 6600K/ CM Hyper 212 EVO/ 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 generic/ ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming/ Samsung EVO 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/ Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7.2k RPM/ Gainward GTX 980 Ti Phoenix Golden Sample 6GB/ Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX/ Silverstone Strider 1KW ST-1000P/ DELL U2715h 1440p/ LOG G110/ LOG G302

I LOVE this youtuber, his video "office 40,000 feet in the sky" or whatever is my fav video.. soo amazing

Yeah his editing skills are like OMG

shout at peasants near you

"CLEAR LEFT"

"CLEAR RIGHT"

LOL

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

What I think I do:

What I really do:

Yeah I know that was a fail. I stalled the plane. X.X

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Used to be a flightsimmer, FSX only, until I found out that 10 fps is not okay. Since then I have been saving up for a better rig with FSX, which I will hopefully get next month.

Is FSX:SE worth buying, if one owns the Gold Edition on disc already? Also, how does it run on Windows 10?

It has a few patches that "fix" some things in the game (debatable apparently) and has online support since GameSpy closed their servers.

@AlwaysFSX maybe change the title to just "the hanger-Aviation enthusiast club" 

I could, though I kinda intended it as being more towards FSX.

I have the game somewhere... maybe i should install it? never played it :P

You definitely should.

nah, more often than not it's

"CLEAR PROP OR BE MINCED"

gets the point across nicely and for some odd reason people stray away from the whirling blades of death

"LOVE TAP!" *bzzzzzzzzzzzzt*

Ever accidentally delete your one and only REX theme? It's a bitch to fix..

Ever accidentally delete your one and only REX theme? It's a bitch to fix..

Oh that sucks.

:/

Been there before.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Oh that sucks.

:/

Been there before.

What's even better is I did a spectacular landing yesterday morning, forgot to set OBS to record. -____-

What's even better is I did a spectacular landing yesterday morning, forgot to set OBS to record. -____-

That's why I always pause on final and set FS Recorder to record everytime.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

That's why I always pause on final and set FS Recorder to record everytime.

Usually every time I open fsx I just set OBS to record my entire session in case I do anything video worthy, yesterday I was going for short clips for a project and took a break, went back, did something awesome, and forgot to record.

Usually every time I open fsx I just set OBS to record my entire session in case I do anything video worthy, yesterday I was going for short clips for a project and took a break, went back, did something awesome, and forgot to record.

Yeah sometimes it just sucks that we forget to hit record.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

I was not aware there was a FSX thread here! Oh boy... Now I gotta go grab my copy and get it installed. Did they ever fix that one expansion pack that was broken as all hell? (I think it was the acceleration pack?) I have the gold edition, since my step-dad was an employee at microsoft, so we got the employee discount... I wonder how my 980 will run it? 

<3 FSX!!!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I was not aware there was a FSX thread here! Oh boy... Now I gotta go grab my copy and get it installed. Did they ever fix that one expansion pack that was broken as all hell? (I think it was the acceleration pack?) I have the gold edition, since my step-dad was an employee at microsoft, so we got the employee discount... I wonder how my 980 will run it? 

<3 FSX!!!

Welcome! :D

The only thing broken with Acceleration is the DX10 Preview, which is never going to be fixed.

The only thing broken with Acceleration is the DX10 Preview, which is never going to be fixed.

Ah. I just remember I never installed it because I read something about it being super broken...

Let's see. I'm 19 right now. I think that the last time I played it was before I moved and got a new computer, so I must have been 13? Damn, it's been a while. In my young ineptitude, I couldn't even figure out how to mod FSX!!! LOL

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Ah. I just remember I never installed it because I read something about it being super broken...

Let's see. I'm 19 right now. I think that the last time I played it was before I moved and got a new computer, so I must have been 13? Damn, it's been a while. In my young ineptitude, I couldn't even figure out how to mod FSX!!! LOL

:D DX10 mode is disabled by default (thank god) so it still runs however you would consider it normally.

:D DX10 mode is disabled by default (thank god) so it still runs however you would consider it normally.

Good! I just wish that when the wings break off, you could see the plane go down in flames :P is there a mod for that yet?

Last thing I remember doing in FSX is racing my step dad to a landing on the Golden Gate Bridge from SFO...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Good! I just wish that when the wings break off, you could see the plane go down in flames :P is there a mod for that yet?

Last thing I remember doing in FSX is racing my step dad to a landing on the Golden Gate Bridge from SFO...

There was a mod that added more explosions when you crashed but it still just freezes the game upon impact, which I absolutely hate.

Ah landing on the Golden Gate Bridge, fun seeing what can land there. :D

*activate tug* "A Fatal Error has occurred"

-__-

Twice now. Dx

Except with rhe DX10 Fixer off avsim. :D

*activate tug* "A Fatal Error has occurred"

-__-

Twice now. Dx

Just let AES or GSX handle it.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Except with rhe DX10 Fixer off avsim. :D

Just let AES or GSX handle it.

16 crashes trying to use the tug. I think that's my computer telling me to stop flying for a day.

Finally did that flight from KSFO to KSEA by ignoring the tug. No clue why it kept crashing my game though.