The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX

Look my profile, OC'ed to 4.8 on air at stock voltage, I could go up to 5 but im scared

Should be fine, it'll definitely run better than my system, I'm sure of that.

Should be fine, it'll definitely run better than my system, I'm sure of that.

Whats your specs?

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

i3 2120 & 7850

Decent old school architecture tho

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Decent old school architecture tho

Yeah but it definitely does not perform the best. I run at about medium settings (albeit I do use REX) and I can easily drop to the 20s at airports.

Yeah but it definitely does not perform the best. I run at about medium settings (albeit I do use REX) and I can easily drop to the 20s at airports.

What FPS do you think I will get at Airports?

What FPS do you think I will get at Airports?

I dunno.. it depends on a lot of things like your settings, plane, view, what airport you're even at. I can guarantee you your system will have playable FPS with the same settings I use though.

i prefer flying in  Xplanes but i like the scenery in fsx better

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I would shoot myself over Xplane honestly. UI is beyond outdated and the sim itself looks like it was drawn in crayon. :(

I would shoot myself over Xplane honestly. UI is beyond outdated and the sim itself looks like it was drawn in crayon. :(

Yes but I find it is more like flying irl and since I mainly use the flight simulators to practice for my pilots license that's the most important part for me

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Yes but I find it is more like flying irl and since I mainly use the flight simulators to practice for my pilots license that's the most important part for me

No better practice than the real thing though. ;)

What is the best texture mod for FSX?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

What is the best texture mod for FSX?

Uhh... depends what you want re-textured.

There isn't exactly a "texture mod" like you would download for say Minecraft.

Uhh... depends what you want re-textured.

There isn't exactly a "texture mod" like you would download for say Minecraft.

I'm specifically interested in scenery.  More important than that I'd like the airports themselves to look better.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I'm specifically interested in scenery.  More important than that I'd like the airports themselves to look better.

Well a good place to look for something like that is FlyTampa and/or ORBX.

I should check the next page before i post 

Naw, having multiple people saying the same thing only solidifies the opinions on it. :) There were a couple more scenery companies out there that make high quality stuff but damn if I could remember their names.

Naw, having multiple people saying the same thing only solidifies the opinions on it. :) There were a couple more scenery companies out there that make high quality stuff but damn if I could remember their names.

I love ORBX for the working men on the ground and cargo loaders ETC

I love ORBX for the working men on the ground and cargo loaders ETC

Yeah, they add some nice details to their products. :)

Yeah, they add some nice details to their products. :)

Do you think i should start my aviation news again?

Do you think i should start my aviation news again?

That's up to you. It would be welcome for sure, aviation news is always exciting to read even with the most dreadfully boring stuff. :D

That's up to you. It would be welcome for sure, aviation news is always exciting to read even with the most dreadfully boring stuff. :D

After I finish a bit of my school work i might start it up again

It's worth noting that FlyTampa has some cheap and good airports but also some very detailed and expensive airports.

I only got a few cheap ones from Fsdreamteam.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |