The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX

Only in arma 3 

If only I could find the Cessna154 video where you can make a helicopter go nuts in the air for no reason.

If only I could find the Cessna154 video where you can make a helicopter go nuts in the air for no reason.

There is such thing!!

There is such thing!!

Channel doesn't exist anymore and the video is gone along with it as far as I'm aware.

Channel doesn't exist anymore and the video is gone along with it as far as I'm aware.

Rip dreams for me

Rip dreams for me

I could ask his brother what happened actually..

Na its good

I still want to know though.. There were quite a few humorous and educational videos on it that I liked.

I actually prefer a yoke than a stick. No kidding. Makes you feel like you're flying a plane rather than a video game.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I'd prefer if my yoke were actually linear in movement to begin with.

I think that the fly-by-wire system feels weird when I made the transition from the 737 to the 777. Yeah it had protections but the feel isn't really there.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I don't think I'll ever be able to feel completely safe with fly-by-wire.. I would at least want ONE cable connecting to systems as a last resort before death.

FBW has had one accident in germany with an A320 so far but every aircraft now has FBW and future ones too.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Afternoon all!

I've has FSX and previous editions, glad I found this. I'm gonna start getting some modpacks installed when my bigger SSD arrives. I'm a pilot IRL, so FSX was actually a fair help to me. Thankfully, fenrir can handle FSX on full graphics settings, so even though the game isn't too pretty at stock, it doesn't look like minecraft.

Hi, and welcome. :D Hopefully you can join some discussions.

What do you fly IRL?

I fly a Cessna 152 (G-HFCT Mostly), the edition manufactured in Reims, I'm gonna be working on getting a rating for a Piper warrior soon (Probably G-SACI), then getting used to the ones with retractable gear (G-WAMS), then to a Piper Seneca I (G-AZOL), then going to a Diamond DA-42 Twinstar (G-SLCT). It's a hobby really

Sounds like a lot of fun. :o

Do you own the Cessna or rent?

It's a bit complicated, I'm a member of a flying club, so technically I part-own all the aircraft they have, so I can use then when i want and they're free, but it has to be booked in etc and I can only use what i'm rated on (a little like learning in an automatic car and needing another test to drive a manual)

I get how that works. Makes it easier on the wallet I assume?

much easier, it's a few hundred quid a month which, amongst all the members, pays for maintenance etc and fuel, the flight time is payed for individually, it's about £100 per hour. The fuel is the worst part. The tanks on the standard ones are 93 Litres, 100 Grade LL AvGas is £1.50-£1.80/L atm, it was at £2/l somewhere I went, so it's not cheap. To cruise for 1 hour you burn about £50 worth of fuel (23L/h), 3.8L engine.

Yeeeaaaaaaah, planes aren't exactly the most fuel efficient of things..

Or they are, but the fuel is so damned expensive.

yep, you nailed it. The diamond is a pretty fuel efficient plane. Designed from a glider and built with two turbo-diesels, but the fuel is so damn expensive - Jet A1 - Basically the same stuff as you fins in your local friendly airbus or boeing.

Maybe the price will go down.. Maybe..

lololol no, as long as there are tycoons in the glass towers it will only ever go up

Yeah, I can dream though. Eventually I'd like to be able to get a license to fly actual planes but it costs sooo much.

lololol no, as long as there are tycoons in the glass towers it will only ever go up

And that is why ATC ask us heavies to give way to the rich people in the Learjet.

xD

~~~SnapDragon~~~

I always wanted to play this game, Do I buy the steam edition or what?

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I always wanted to play this game, Do I buy the steam edition or what?

Yup, there's no point of buying the boxed version anymore.

If only steam let me enter my keys for the Steam Edition.. -_-

Yup, there's no point of buying the boxed version anymore.

If only steam let me enter my keys for the Steam Edition.. -_-

I'm saving for new parts, I'm sure my current PC can run this game but should I spend the 12 dollars right now because its on sale?

New parts I am going to get, But I am going to transfer some parts from my current build over - 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.91 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($118.29 @ Mwave) 
Total: $607.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-16 21:22 EDT-0400

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I'm saving for new parts, I'm sure my current PC can run this game but should I spend the 12 dollars right now because its on sale?

Up to you. Can you justify the $12? Or at least sink enough hours in to the game to make it worth it? I know it's gone on sale for lower before but the nearest sale is Halloween.

Your current system would run it pretty fine, just overclock the hell out of your CPU because FSX is single thread hungry.

Up to you. Can you justify the $12? Or at least sink enough hours in to the game to make it worth it? I know it's gone on sale for lower before but the nearest sale is Halloween.

Your current system would run it pretty fine, just overclock the hell out of your CPU because FSX is single thread hungry.

Look my profile, OC'ed to 4.8 on air at stock voltage, I could go up to 5 but im scared